Bank money stealing. Full guide (100% working) , English ver

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

QuickS
level0

Bank money stealing. Full guide (100% working) , English ver

Postby QuickS » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:40 am

Hi all , im new on this forum , i play uplink for a couple of days and iv'e found that stealing money from banks is rathar easy so this guide will be my first contribution for the forum.
(BTW sorry about my bad grammar , Im russian)

Pre requireties:
a.Monitor Bypass V5.0
b.Proxy bypass V5.0
c.Log Deleter V4.0
d.Your bank IP and Account number
e.Targets account number
f.Connection HUD anlaysis
g.Go to the main menu in game,Alt tab,Backup of your user files (x:\Uplink\Users)

Here we go:

Video of the whole operation will be added soon

1. Make a bounce chain with atleast 20 jumps , make sure you DO NOT include in the CHAIN the Uplink international bank & the Target bank (the one you steal the money from) , also make sure your first bounce is thru InterNIC. After you have made the CHAIN click on the save button.

2.Click on the load button and then click on the Target's Bank,click Connect.Bypass the monitor and the proxy.

3.Write the targets account number, run you password cracker and find the password,Login. GJ you are half way there.

4.Choose money transfer. Fill in the detailes required for the transfer (use your Bank ip , account number , amount you want to transfer). DO NOT CLICK OK.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
This section is the fast action section , the following should be done in under 2 minutes or else you gonna get caught .(with good parctice it can take as low as 45 seconds)
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

5.Prepere the log deleter and click OK to transfer the money,it should say "Transfer was compleated \ successfull"
with the log deleter selected go to the Statments and delete the first entry (the transfer of the money). Disconnect

6.Load the bounce CHAIN again and CLICK the Uplink international bank, bypass the monitor and the proxy, login to your account , go to Statments and delete the first entry (the money recieve). Disconnect

7.connect directly to interNIC and delete the following logs:
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Routed to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx , Should have 2 like this
127.0.0.1 password auth accepted , Should have 1 like this

(The syntx of the logs my be a little different , anyways you should have only Connected logs and Connection Closed logs if you do it correctly)

Thats it , if you have done it correctly you are a rich man now.

If you get caught just go to the main menu , alt tab , restore the user files you backuped and try again.

Oh BTW Russia Rulz , and Israel too.

:D

Have a nice day everybody.
mistavipa69
level0

Postby mistavipa69 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:19 am

Just so you know, you don't have to have like 20 bounces to hack a bank. All i've ever used is InterNIC connected straight to the back you wanna hack. I have never gotten caught for it either.
QuickS
level0

Postby QuickS » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:15 pm

yeh i guess you are right but
i think that if you route your connection the bank dudes takes longer to trace you by your logs
kryptic
level1
level1

Postby kryptic » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:27 pm

Yes you are right. When you are hacking a remote server, they do active and passive traces. Active is what is shown by the trace tracker. Passive is not displayed and takes longer than active. This is why you must delete your logs. Banks have one of the fastest passives in the game so you have to be really careful when hacking them.
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:14 pm

kryptic wrote:Yes you are right. When you are hacking a remote server, they do active and passive traces. Active is what is shown by the trace tracker. Passive is not displayed and takes longer than active. This is why you must delete your logs. Banks have one of the fastest passives in the game so you have to be really careful when hacking them.
If you know what you're doing when stealing money then the trace tracker will never begin. Active and passive traces on logs will not happen. They get you through statements.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
QuickS
level0

Postby QuickS » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:31 pm

kryptic wrote:
If you know what you're doing when stealing money then the trace tracker will never begin. Active and passive traces on logs will not happen. They get you through statements.

I have to disagree , it's true that the active trace doesn't start if you are doing it correctly BUT, after you delete the statments the both bank start the passive trace to figure out who were messing with their Logs (yes statments are logs too), so they dont know who stolen the money but they know you were deleting logs from their system and it enogh to take you down.

iv'e tested this thing many times and im sure that if you donot delete your internic logs after deleting the statments you will get caught.

Peace out & have a nice day
firedfns13
level0

bank hacking help

Postby firedfns13 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:02 am

I have an issue with bank hacking....I followed the tuts and i was fine...at least till april 14/15/16 (i dont kno y but the ded agent didn send email...) and had loads of money and didnt hack banks within 5 days of the game over screen i deleted transference log but for some reason uplink bank caught like a week after....maybe i should nuke my gate way since all my softwares backed up on a file server becuase i saw red on the motion sensor but i thought it was bug cuz it was there for a while
any ideas to save me
D3adKl0wn
level2
level2

Postby D3adKl0wn » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:10 am

transfer money into a new account, and nuke your gateway.. then get a new gateway, d/l your programs, and you should be ok... I've never had any glitched with the light... when it turned on, i always nuked and never took the chance on getting caught.

plus if the light is on all the time now, how will you know when someone actually DOES come for you?
firedfns13
level0

Postby firedfns13 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:31 pm

i thought it was on because i was hacking a lan...
so my account gets nuked if i nuke my gateway?
i dunno if my backup has enough time for me to transfer money n delete the logs....i hav 463k
QuickS
level0

Postby QuickS » Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:21 pm

After you nuke your gateway:

All youe data banks are lost (Backups :D - Uplink test machine)
All your hardware upgrades are lost

All the missions you did not compleate remains
The servers list remains
You get to keep all of your money.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:25 am

QuickS wrote:
kryptic wrote:

I have to disagree , it's true that the active trace doesn't start if you are doing it correctly BUT, after you delete the statments the both bank start the passive trace to figure out who were messing with their Logs (yes statments are logs too), so they dont know who stolen the money but they know you were deleting logs from their system and it enogh to take you down.

iv'e tested this thing many times and im sure that if you donot delete your internic logs after deleting the statments you will get caught.

Disagree all you want, the dev cd shows how they get you, and it's via statements.

In short, you are wrong.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
QuickS
level0

Postby QuickS » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:14 pm

Rkiver wrote:
QuickS wrote:
kryptic wrote:

Disagree all you want, the dev cd shows how they get you, and it's via statements.

In short, you are wrong.

One thing i have to say , the dev CD may not be updated to the latest patch.

BTW i would like if you post the part of the code that handles the bank hacking

Good day
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:26 am

The Dev CD is the latest version. And no I wont be posting source code anytime soon, I agreed not to and I really wouldn't want a law suit against me. Ask anyone else who has the Dev CD and they will confirm it.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
QuickS
level0

Postby QuickS » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:35 pm

Rkiver wrote:The Dev CD is the latest version. And no I wont be posting source code anytime soon, I agreed not to and I really wouldn't want a law suit against me. Ask anyone else who has the Dev CD and they will confirm it.

Well i just stick to the fatcs , if you dont bounce your connections + delete the internic logs you will get caught , mybe it's a bug i dont know.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:24 pm

Another way to know that you've succeeded is seeing that your grade has just jumped up a lot higher.
I'm fairly sure that if you were to cheat and have all the required equipment at the very beginning and abort the test mission, the bank hack will not just improve your grade enough to take missions, but improve it enough to take almost ANY mission.

Return to “Hints and Tips”