social security

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

easports
level1
level1

social security

Postby easports » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:37 am

Ok i just started playing again i dont have much software only hte required i have 4 gig bandwidth 200 ghz processor and 48 memory with good gateway but i cant get into the place fast enough i have 13k (can get more) can someone please tell me what to buy so i can get in and do missions
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:33 am

What missions are you trying to do? Social Security hack?

For that you'll need, at the very least, the Proxy Disable v1. Of course, a Bypass would be better but it's much more expensive.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
easports
level1
level1

Postby easports » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:15 am

yes changing peoples stuff
NewbieWonKenobe
level1
level1

Sometimes I post cuz I miss playin'

Postby NewbieWonKenobe » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:08 am

Yeah, I'm the guy who can't get uplink to work for lans no matter how much help anyone has offered. I thought I'd post an answer, if I may.

I am by no means a veteran. As aforementioned, you need at least proxy disable v.1 Yes, bypass is better and is much more expensive. I always found it best to just buy proxy disable 5.0, that way, once you do have the hud connection analysis, you won't need to drop 30k on purchasing proxy bypass 5.0 after y ou already spent a few grand on disable v.1

as per the modlink guide - you want to log onto the s.s. website. start your disable first, it will get almost half way done before the trace starts. THEN start your password breaker with as much cpu usage as you can put into it. With this method, generally, the disable will finish just before, or right after, you have gained access to the system. From there on, do your search, alter any info, and hit commit! When you get good, you can do 3-5 s.s. missions in one call this way.

Boy, I miss my uplink
"A man without enemies is a man without Character. . ." Charlton Heston Pres. NRA
AJ_Letson
level1
level1

Postby AJ_Letson » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:05 am

easports wrote:cant get into the place fast enough

Does this mean "not enough bounce points" or simply getting traced upon connecting to the server?

Just do simple, easy missions till you can purchase the connection analysis upgrade (20k) and the monitor bypass, as well as the critical proxy disable/bypass. Yes, it's tedious, but it pays off in the long run.

If you want to start doing the missions right away, follow what NewbieWonKenobe said.
AJ Letson
President, BAM! Game Design
http://www.bamgames.tk
Neuromante
level1
level1

Re: social security

Postby Neuromante » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:05 am

easports wrote:Ok i just started playing again i dont have much software only hte required i have 4 gig bandwidth 200 ghz processor and 48 memory with good gateway but i cant get into the place fast enough i have 13k (can get more) can someone please tell me what to buy so i can get in and do missions

Uhm, I'm begginning the game and i'm sble to get into the social security (and the global criminal database) with the initial gateway and no hardware upgrades. I have bank accounts in all the banks, and use them as a bounce points, it give me a little extra time, but not ebough to break the password and the elliptic curve, so I do the following:
--> Connect to SS, break the password and disconnect (the pass isn't revoked when reconnect, plus, I think that the server count as a "server where you have admin acces", wich is good to use as a bounce point)
--> Delete the logs
--> Reconnect, disable the proxy and break the elliptic cypher bla bls
--> Get into the SS records, do my job, email my employers, have a drink and disconnect.
--> Finally, delete my logs again.

I repeat: I'm doing this without upgrade the gateway (I'm saving for one better..), so I suposse that you with this gateway could do the same ;)
Also, the proxy disable stuff is very important, ypu can save LOTS of time doing at the newbiewankenobi way. Of course, the proxy disable is better :P

(Don't blame me for my english, spanish useer)

P.S.: Now I don't remember if the SS had a elliptic curve cyhpher :roll:, well, if it hasn't, just delete the statement about it ;).

Return to “Hints and Tips”