Sorry for getting lost

Post match discussion - talk about your recent victories and losses here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

R.Reagan
level1
level1

Sorry for getting lost

Postby R.Reagan » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:09 am

sorry gfactor, David and the others, my roommate just stopped my connection by accident, hope you had fun!!
Batou
luke02
level1
level1

Postby luke02 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:55 am

Tis ok, it happens to everyone... (I'm Matt)
'You' didn't do so badly, actually 'you' came in second place. :)

For a narration, I asked gfactor(SAmerica) if I could join your alliance. He said something along the lines of "Sure, if you backstab Europe". I accepted, trusting gfactor an inordinate amount *read-a noobish amount*, since I had grown to trust him in the previous games *read-because I really screwed up this round* So I backstab Europe and kill quite a few installations and people. So I go to join the red alliance, and gfactor tells me, after I got rejected "Uh, not yet." With not yet being defined as "after I win the round." I should also note that Europe called me a 'loser', and promptly left.

So after a few minutes of laughing at myself for stabbing my ally for the enemys' benefit, I find out that you can send ships through the berring strait, a lesson taught to me by 6 SAasian subs launching in a total clearing... then my former ally of Europe (CPU now) launched with six subs. So I lost quite a few installations and all. Then I launched my retaliation, which was highly effective due to Asia's wide dispersement of silos.

So long story made short, It was a close round until Moscow and Leningrad *finally* got hit by YOUR cpu... at which point I stopped dreaming of world domination and only of survival :)

end score:

Lessons learned: Subs can go through the berring strait
Don't trust gfactor just because he's a great DEFCON player, infact, distrust him because of that :p
R.Reagan
level1
level1

Postby R.Reagan » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:32 am

ok cool, to end second is good enough, the humans got useless :cry:
the other half of the story is that your european ally wanted to join ours a long time before you, actually before defcon 3.
i think he just had a good instinct about your situation :wink:

Return to “The Debriefing Room”