Has anything changed...?

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Disco Stuie_uplink
level3
level3

Has anything changed...?

Postby Disco Stuie_uplink » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:41 am

Hi to all that remember me.. probably not many, but you never know :)

I've kinda disappeared from both these and the Dw forums, mainly due to those annoying things called schoolwork and uni work. I got an email through just today about the merge, so thought I might check back... on a very cursory glance at the topic list, it's as if I never left!

Me300 still finding random things to post piccies of, n00bs still bringing up Uplink 2/Uplink Online, SBM still having seemingly infinite knowledge, random attempts at deep discussion... :) the only things missing are TWG and vast numbers of trolls, neither of which I see as a bad thing :D

Could somebody give me a little resume of any actually significant things that have happened in the past year? Just 'cos I'm curious, you understand.
coolsi
level5
level5

Postby coolsi » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:43 am

You are now Disco Stuie_uplink. That's about it.
DJ_Velocity
level4
level4

Postby DJ_Velocity » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:21 am

Yeah me too... Player20030_uplink. Why?!?
Death only comes to bad people so... when you see em, knee em in the balls and run like hell
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:40 am

Probably because there was an account on the Darwinia forums with the same name with a different email address. :)
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:20 am

In short, the merge script couldn't prove beyond reasonable doubt that you were the same person on the Darwinia forums (to be the same, you would of required same username and email or password). You should of received an e-mail W.R.T this happning to the address of your uplink user.

NeoThermic
Disco Stuie
level1
level1

Postby Disco Stuie » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:53 am

Yeah, I got the email. I would have updated my Uplink profile to have my current email, had I gotten an email saying that the merge was gonna happen... guess that's my lot for disappearing off the forums, it's like a brand for life... :?

EDIT:

Ahh, this is interesting. I tried my plain Disco Stuie name and pw, as you can see.. this seems to be identical to the Darwinia one, wrt to join date, but I am regarded as a completely new user within the uplink forum. I begin to see exactly what's actually happened with this merge.. :)

So now, do I post from here and suffer the appearance of few posts and more recent join-date, or just stick with _uplink on my nick...
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:36 pm

Disco Stuie wrote:So now, do I post from here and suffer the appearance of few posts and more recent join-date, or just stick with _uplink on my nick...

Neither. I'm working on a simple script to merge singular users, so you'll have to hang tight until I've finished it :)

NeoThermic

Return to “General”