new patch?

Discussions on Nakatomi

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

NewbieWonKenobe
level1
level1

new patch?

Postby NewbieWonKenobe » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:00 am

I just got my full game. I t has lans and everything, but I noticed when using voice anylyzer it didn't ask me to speek in mike, I'm assuming I need a patch?
And, after updating my video driver it fixed my problems with the world map (showing lines between computers now, yeah!) I have tried everything in the readme.txt file but I am still having problems with text in the menus not showing up often. I apprecieate any and all input. Thanks in advance
NB1
"A man without enemies is a man without Character. . ." Charlton Heston Pres. NRA
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:53 am

Did it say anywhere on the box you need a mic? Did you even read the FAQ in hints and tips? Did you even try the search button?
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Mr. Roboto
level4
level4

Postby Mr. Roboto » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:22 pm

Would NWK be asking such questions if he did? :roll:

Seriously, NWK, there are faqs and threads that can answer such questions, young grasshopper.
ds00~
level0

Postby ds00~ » Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:27 am

dude, the new patch, doesnt work!!!!
Alzeric
level1
level1

Postby Alzeric » Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:41 am

I've noticed a trend here on these boards, Whenever someone asks a question 9 out of 10 times they end up getting some smart assed reply which doesn't help them at all and just makes more people reading these boards not want to post. Why spend the time being a ass when usually a short answer to their problem would take less time. I realize that these questions are more often then not answered a billion times already in other parts of the forum, and if they just spent a bit of time hitting the search button at the top and try and find the answer out themselves they would get the answer alot faster. Enough of my banter that will do no good what-so-ever in reaching those it's aimed at.

But to answer your question at no time during the game do you need a microphone to record your own voice. It is a Voice Analyser to record the voice of the system admin. You'll need to connect to the Public Domain server of what ever company your attacking and then add the system admins Phone number to your list of links. Disconnect from the Public server, fire up your voice analyser and then connect to the phone number you just added. From there the system admin will pick up the phone and you just recorded his voice for later use once inside the original server you were attacking. Hope that helps out.
xMs
level3
level3

Postby xMs » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:16 am

Icepick posted a sticky in the general forum, telling us all to cool down.
Most of us are obeying that :P
NewbieWonKenobe
level1
level1

Postby NewbieWonKenobe » Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:50 pm

aside from the previous posts, I don't think anyone even quite understood my question. Perhaps, quite possibly, I did communicate it in an effective manner..... I know, because of reading posts in general here, that there is no physical mic involved in the game. I don't need to look on the box (yes, I bought my game, finally) OR read the non-existant directions. My question was, hey - my game doesn't tell me to speak in the mic (as some other people here have indicated theirs do), my game has never said that, not EVEN the one I bought. I was asking if, therefore, the one I bought perhaps was not the newest version? get it? Sorry for the confusion.
"A man without enemies is a man without Character. . ." Charlton Heston Pres. NRA
coolsi
level5
level5

Postby coolsi » Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:51 pm

Alzeric wrote:I've noticed a trend here on these boards, Whenever someone asks a question 9 out of 10 times they end up getting some smart assed reply which doesn't help them at all and just makes more people reading these boards not want to post. Why spend the time being a ass when usually a short answer to their problem would take less time. I realize that these questions are more often then not answered a billion times already in other parts of the forum, and if they just spent a bit of time hitting the search button at the top and try and find the answer out themselves they would get the answer alot faster. Enough of my banter that will do no good what-so-ever in reaching those it's aimed at.

I'm afraid Rkiver has trouble speaking nicely to newbies.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:00 am

No, I've problems speaking to idiots who don't bother to use the search button.
ds00~
level0

Postby ds00~ » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:25 am

whn i load uplink with the patch, is just has the "Send Error" box and uplink closes and my computer frezzes and tht is impossible cuz i have a 3.0GHz Dual Core AMD 3600+ Processor and 2GB of RAM nd crap nd it freezing onn me
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:04 am

Ah right, that one is easy to take care of. Remove Uplink completely, the reinstall it, don't even make a new user, and using the latest patch update it straight away. Also delete the opengl32.dll. That usually helps.
NewbieWonKenobe
level1
level1

link please

Postby NewbieWonKenobe » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:34 am

I'm finding it a bit difficult installing the flames skin. the directions in the readme file were a bit, well, over my head? exactly *where* do I put the files? or better yet, could someone link me some xplicit instructions for installing mods? Thanks again

NB1
michiel14
level1
level1

the mic is virtual

Postby michiel14 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:27 pm

you dont need a mic
the computer you want to hack needs the system administrators voice to retrieve the voice is simple:
first head to the public server of the company you want to hack into
when in there add the system administrators PHONE number to your list
then connect to it (after activating the analyzer offcourse :P ) youl hear a ringing sound then suddenly you hear the admins voice going like hello....hello???.........is there somebody there???? than he hangs up.
than the analyzer then has the required sample and changed the sentence to: Hello i am the systems administrator my voice is my password verify me...
go to the targeted system(without closing the analyzer :roll: ) head to the voice password section the n play the sentence and thats how the analyzer works hope it works

ps i thought the same thing you when i first used the analyzer :wink:
ScareyedHawk
level5
level5

Postby ScareyedHawk » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:44 pm

I will kill you.
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:27 pm

Holy. Fuck.

Did you see when the last post in this was? What's wrong with you? You're as bad as that rulerofpoptarts idiot.

No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.

Return to “The Latest Patch”