Uplink 2

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Flamekebab
level5
level5

Postby Flamekebab » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:39 pm

I haven't said anything up to now, but there's an edit button there for a reason. Don't just create a new message when you think of something else to say. Edit your old message and add to it.

Sorry, just a bit of netiquette for you.

The DevCD isn't cheap, as if it was, it'd be an easy target for pirates. This way, people only buy it if they actually want it.
Punisher Bass
level5
level5

Postby Punisher Bass » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:50 pm

Quit asking for the source code. Either buy it or shut up. No one is going to just give it to you. If they did then Introversion can take legal action.
There is no patch for human stupidity.
Deepsmeg
level5
level5

Postby Deepsmeg » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:59 pm

Inbox :: Message
To: Deepsmeg
Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:54 pm
Subject: Uplink Source
Heya

Did you buy the developers CD ? If so, could you please send me the source of Uplink ? I didn't buy the CD myself and maybe I need the source to see how some things work...

Thanks a lot!
DaZ

How about NO? You crazy Dutch bastard!
DaZjorz
level1
level1

Postby DaZjorz » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:00 pm

Wait! That private message was sent 2 days ago! Before I even asked it in this topic!

Ok, sorry, I didn't know if it was legal to send it. I'll ask it for St. Nicolas, then.

Anyways, I'm currently coding the server part-by-part. Anyone who can help me with some tips on how things work, don't forget to tell them. And, one thing more, any suggestions and ideas for a new version will be appriciated, but probably not be included in the first version, as it's just for testing the idea.

DaZ
Last edited by DaZjorz on Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flamekebab
level5
level5

Postby Flamekebab » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:04 pm

*considers starting sweepstakes on how long this project will last*
DaZjorz
level1
level1

Postby DaZjorz » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:10 pm

Aah, don't say that... Jeez, I'm actually trying to get this thing working, ... If you would say things like "Yee, Daz, Good idea, Work on it!! Whoohaa! I'll help you wherever I can!! Gee!" then I'd like doing it a lot more then if you all say "Not again! Wonder how long it will last.... Omgomgomgomg wai~! How long?! (...)"...

Hey dudes
What do I get from ye all when the server's completely done and working? (A) Will I.... get back... the money I spent on the DevCD ? 8) 8)

DaZ :roll:
Flamekebab
level5
level5

Postby Flamekebab » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:28 pm

Because I've been here for a damn long time and seen loads of things like this. You'll also notice that it seems that none of them are still around.

Plus I'm a cynical twat.
Miah
level5
level5

Postby Miah » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:51 pm

There is one around, you just never hear of it because it's not public...

*whistles*
Flamekebab
level5
level5

Postby Flamekebab » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:21 pm

Aye, that's why I said "seems". Not certain what's going on with Flashlink (well, whatever they're calling it this week) or the work of, heh, others..
DaZjorz
level1
level1

Postby DaZjorz » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:53 pm

Whatever. I don't really mind if there's someone else working on this too. I'm just interested in what I can make of it.

Uhm, ok, I won't ask for the source code again, ... Could anyone who hás it, give me some information on how passive trace is done? Again, not the code, just the steps. I don't want to wait so long for st Nicolas so if there's anyone who can help me..?

Thanks
Daz
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:44 am

I'd wager this will be gone by mid October. Doesn't seem to know the basics, works on the GUI before the actual code, I've seen this before, and it always ends up as vapourware. Also asking for the code....tut tut.

1) You need to buy it.
2) You already said you don't know C++, so you won't understand the code.

I don't expect to see this ever reach the light of day.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
DaZjorz
level1
level1

Postby DaZjorz » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:37 pm

Rkiver wrote:I'd wager this will be gone by mid October. Doesn't seem to know the basics, works on the GUI before the actual code, I've seen this before, and it always ends up as vapourware. Also asking for the code....tut tut.

1) You need to buy it.
2) You already said you don't know C++, so you won't understand the code.

I don't expect to see this ever reach the light of day.

Allright. Whatever. I can't program in C++, but I do know some other programming languages, so actually understanding the code will work for a great part. And I already heard the first point quite a few times before.

By the way, I decided to not do the CPU load stuff in the first time. Programs will all run with the same speed in first version. After that I can make the speed be based on hardware, other programs running, etc.
DaZjorz
level1
level1

Postby DaZjorz » Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:35 pm

Hello

I'm currently working on the client slots. I already created a remote control socket with what the admin can administrate the server.
Anyone who can help me with multithreading would help me, but it's not really required. It would just make the server a bit faster, I think.

Anyways, The base is working nicely. I'll try to update you guys every few days.

DaZ
Luigi300
level5
level5

Postby Luigi300 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:10 pm

DaZjorz wrote:I'm making a multiplayer uplink but haven't actually gotten anywhere in 3 months, can someone warez the DevCD for me because I'm too cheap to buy it and don't know the language anyway?

DaZ

Just my impression.
Luigi for mod in 2006!
DaZjorz
level1
level1

Postby DaZjorz » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:41 am

:shock: .. Thanks for the reply =_="

Luigi300 wrote:
DaZjorz wrote:I'm making a multiplayer uplink but haven't actually gotten anywhere in 3 months, can someone warez the DevCD for me because I'm too cheap to buy it and don't know the language anyway?

DaZ

Just my impression.

Ugh
Just shut up with that, would you. Your impression is maybe a bit very wrong. (And that sentance was meant to sound wrong.)
Luigi300 wrote:"I'm making a multiplayer uplink but haven't actually gotten anywhere in 3 months"

I've just been working on it for maybe 1 or 2 weeks. Until now, no programming problems have shown that aren't solved. At this moment, it supports the RemoteControl socket, it has support for an Uplink2Server.ini file (I made a documentation on configuration, by the way), supports MD5, it's already able to register, etc. The files infrastructure is already finished. Making the server able to read these files is no problem. Could be done in 30 minutes.
At this moment, if you try to log in it tells you that logging in is not permitted ("NOLOGONSPERMITTED").
Next to that, I'm running a project that I put some code in for testing (for example, the serverArgument to bounceServer() and targetServer interpreter) and also some other things.
Luigi300 wrote:"can someone warez the DevCD for me because I'm too cheap to buy it and don't know the language anyway?"

Okay, maybe the "I'm to cheap to buy it"... I wouldn't say it like that myself, rather "It'd help me... but I think it's a bit too expensive for me...".
The "don't know the language anyway?" part is not completely true. I know C++, but I can't do any advanced stuff. I can read a lot of languages because all show some things that are the same. As the source of Uplink contains how everything works (ofcourse), I would get a shot forward. It's not required, but it .. could be handy.

Please don't paste these things again, they don't really motivate me to complete the server. I don't mind comments on the projects, in fact, I even like them, but that's not the same with comments on myself.

Daz

Return to “General”