Getting caught after deleteing statement logs/internic logs?

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

geramul
level1
level1

Getting caught after deleteing statement logs/internic logs?

Postby geramul » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:20 pm

Ok here is the story, i was attempting to hack an etire bank at once < i almost did it but i got caught when i was at the last account so i figured i need more systems to bounce off and be fsater > i beefed up trying to do it agian so i dissconnected knowing i wouldnt be able to do it in time, i made sure i deleted statement logs saying i transfered money to my account and i deleted all logs in internic < expect connection esstablished :P> so basicly i did everything perfectly, yet i still got caught?
John9811
level0

Postby John9811 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:12 pm

For the bank hack?Or somethings else?
geramul
level1
level1

Postby geramul » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:48 pm

i think the post is exaplanitory of what im hacking, bank, transfer money, statement logs :roll: can someone tell me the correct way to do it and if this is the correct way? hmm...lemme see..

ok

THIS IS WHAT I DO WHEN I TRY TO HACK AN ENTIRE BANK MEANING HACKING ALL THE ACCOUNTS AT ONCE AND DISSCONNECTING

bounce my connection < duh> through god knows how many systems to slow down the external trace < true?>

grab all account numbers and pass and continue on to hacking < since i bypassed monitor and proxy and havent transfered cash im still ok >

start hacking one by one deleteing the statement logs after each hack. < fast as hell of course because the external trace isnt gonna wait for me while i hack the accounts>

connect to internic as fast as humanly possible to delete all routed logs

is what im doing correct and i shouldnt get caught doing it?
sir hackalot
level3
level3

Postby sir hackalot » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:50 pm

Just thought i would add in this little hint:

You can leave the trace going until the very last bounce point before your first, which should be the nic.

If they get passed that how can you delete logs that they have all ready traced through.
geramul
level1
level1

Postby geramul » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:54 pm

guess i wasent quick enough lol, well i am quick enough its just there are lots of bank accounts there :) ive hacked banks flawlessly never getting caught but this is a different thing lol i wanted to get terminal doing this xD ill just add more systems to my bounce < dose this slow the trace down? i imagine it dose >
geramul
level1
level1

Postby geramul » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:56 pm

oh oh lol i wanted to ask you, how do i a spoiler highlight thingy cuse there is a way to " save " your game incase you have a very good character its a shame and sparks will fly to see it go down the hole < even the best hackers goof sometimes > no it isnt the save game hack program some are familiar with
geramul
level1
level1

Postby geramul » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:46 pm

WTF i got caught agian!!!!! this time i got to internic on time i hacked the bank in what i clocked was under at least 3-2 minutes and got to internic and deleted the logs leaveing connection established connectioned terminated or closed whatever. and i got caught agian. i had a crap load of systems on my bounce, im begining to think its impossible to hack a bank entirely at once

strange... it dosent seem to be the bank that is catching me its another thing. could it be ARC frameing me for screwing them over?
i read that can happen, how do i prevent this? first i get techno-mage status then i get caught a few hours later.
Last edited by geramul on Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Flamekebab
level5
level5

Postby Flamekebab » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:54 pm

There's an edit button for a reason, you know. No need to triple-post.
SHILD
level0

Postby SHILD » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:36 pm

Maybe you forgot to delete the statements in your own account? Give that a try.
geramul
level1
level1

Postby geramul » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:38 pm

LOL thanks everyone for trying to help me but guess what it was? lol i dontknow what i did but for some crime i get caught in the future. so i reverted back useing the copy player file things. guess i should investigate more next time :roll: :)

Return to “Hints and Tips”