Guns N' Roses - Welcome To The Jungle - DJ Velocity Remix

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

DJ_Velocity
level4
level4

Guns N' Roses - Welcome To The Jungle - DJ Velocity Remix

Postby DJ_Velocity » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:30 am

I heard this song while playing GTA: SA and I just HAD to try to mix it. I think I got an ok mix out of it, considderin theres no acapella or instrumental version on kazaa, so it was all mixed by hand using the origional song and Adobe Audition. Enjoy

P.S. Some of you may hate the ending, because its so sudden. It goes *drumline up* and then BOOM and the song fades out. I like it, after hearing it 10, 000 times lol. So yeah, haha dont ride me on it too much. Oh, also, I've never posted a remix on the board before, the exosyphen bored has no problem with it but if anybody see's this as SPAM or selfless advertising and doenst want it, feel free to voice up an opinion on that. I dont wanna be a bother, I'm just informin the board cuz I liked the mix personally :)

www.dj-velocity.com/jungle_mix.mp3
Death only comes to bad people so... when you see em, knee em in the balls and run like hell
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:22 am

Is that even legal without the permission of the artist?
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Mr. Roboto
level4
level4

Postby Mr. Roboto » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:00 pm

Montyphy wrote:Is that even legal without the permission of the artist?

Probably is, as long as it's not being used for profit making.

I have a couple of remix songs I pulled of the net myself. A fansite for System Shock has Orgy's "Fiction (Dreams in Digital)" featuring SHODAN, the game's AI gone fubar. And a Baltimore station had a "mashup" of Green Day's "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" with Oasis's "Wonderwall."
Deepsmeg
level5
level5

Postby Deepsmeg » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:14 pm

I have no opinion on the matter, so here's a picture of Mr Green getting bombed.

doormat
level4
level4

Postby doormat » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:41 pm

Do you need the original split tracks?

I have a mate who's a dj : (It was for him that I joined this forum, if anyone remembers that far back). He has them.

They are digital, so I just need to grab him and steal his laptop :P

p.s. ; hang on. Exosyphen!? Arn't they the talentless arsewipes who seem to releace nothing but Uplink knockoffs?
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
Mr. Roboto
level4
level4

Postby Mr. Roboto » Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:48 am

doormat wrote:...p.s. ; hang on. Exosyphen!? Arn't they the talentless arsewipes who seem to releace nothing but Uplink knockoffs?

Maybe.

Make that yes.

They have released Mindlink 2005, which is just a graphically tweaked version of Digital Overlay, which was originally released about the same time as Uplink by Blind Virus. The game play is just crack password, steal money, disconnect before being traced. Nothing new or original since its original release. Not recomended.

They also have the Blue Sky series. That series is more of a console-based hacking sim, though there is a map for bounce connections, and an instant messenger to lend some help. Not as good as Uplink, but I found it an interesting diversion from the graphic-intensive Uplink.
N0ught
level3
level3

Computer Underground

Postby N0ught » Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:31 am

Anyone ever try Computer Underground (CU)? :D

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=3426

It's pretty fun, but once you learn to save often the game wont last long. Nowhere near as cool as Uplink, but worth a try. :wink:

This game, and the underdogs, are also how I found Uplink, BTW.
DJ_Velocity
level4
level4

Postby DJ_Velocity » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:03 pm

Meh, Exosyphen Studios is ok in my books. Granted, I don't play Blue Sky or Digital Overlay much as I don't play any computer game much (GTA is still dope even though I dont play it as much as I'd like to) but Robert (the guy who owns Exosyphen Studios) is a pretty good guy. He was the one who helped me get my website and business going. Haha, that never took off though eh? I sold about 50.00 worth of music, over a span of about 10 months. Not that it's his fault, I just thought I'd add in that embarrasing... make that PATHETIC tid-bit! That being said, Rob is a good guy, he solely produces all the Exosyphen mobile/computer games and has done a pretty good job if you ask me. Die-hard Uplink fans will disagree saying that all Exosyphen games are rip offs, but I don't see how you can make a hacking game without, the get in, get out method. Granted, you can think of clever ways to do this aka password breaking, covering of tracks ect, but the same methodology comes into play. It's simular to saying that all shooting games are a rip off of Doom or Duke Nukem. You can't have a 1st person shooter without the view of first person and guns! Again, granted you can change the guns and the view (perhaps have 3rd person views at various times) but you still can't change the main gameplay too much. A genre is a genre and Hacking games are starting to become a genre of their own (in my humble opinion). I guess all I'm saying is to not be too hard on Rob as he's doing the best he can with what he has at hand. Even he'll admit... Romania is not where it's at :P and he's told me that on several differnt occasions.

Note: Now that I think about it, no idea for a game seems very origional. Hmmm... same for movies and music. Could I just be a rip off of ATB? (andre tanneberger)
Death only comes to bad people so... when you see em, knee em in the balls and run like hell
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:47 am

Player20030 wrote:Note: Now that I think about it, no idea for a game seems very origional. Hmmm... same for movies and music. Could I just be a rip off of ATB? (andre tanneberger)

So you're saying that everything ever done is just a rip-off of something else previously done? Do I need to even explain the problem with that idea?

DJ_Velocity
level4
level4

Postby DJ_Velocity » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:56 pm

Show me and idea that's never been done before in movies, music, or television and I will drop my argument that no idea's origional. However, I really do believe that everything has been thought of. For example

Bowflex Home Gym - The idea is not as revolutionary as you think.

1. Exercise equipment is nothing new, people have been using exercise machines for decades now

2. The idea of a home gym, all in one package is nothing new. I think the first home gym emerged in the early 80's.

3. The idea that instead of freeweights, using tension arms will provide resistance is nothing new either, I think Sir Isaac Newton discovered that for every action there is an opposite reaction thus showing us that resistance can be created if we push/pull against or away from somthing.

Now... granted my theory is not bulletproof, there are things that haven't been discovered yet i.e. life on other planets, but the idea of undiscovered life, has been thought of and that alone leads me to believe that every idea has already been done. Everything that I'm saying has been said before. The only thing I'm doing is wording it differntly, but I assure you that somewhere, someone has said what I have said. To give you an example...

No ideas original, theres nothin new under the sun

Its never what you do, but how its done

What you base your happiness around material, women, and large paper

That means you inferior, not major

Source: Nas - No Idea's Original (The Lost Tapes Sept 24, 2002)
edd8990
level5
level5

Postby edd8990 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:36 pm

Player20030 wrote:Now... granted my theory is not bulletproof, there are things that haven't been discovered yet i.e. life on other planets, but the idea of undiscovered life, has been thought of and that alone leads me to believe that every idea has already been done. Everything that I'm saying has been said before. The only thing I'm doing is wording it differntly, but I assure you that somewhere, someone has said what I have said. To give you an example...

There are ideas out there that have not been concieved of before, its just these things are so mundane we havent thought of them. We considered ideas like human longevity, ftl travel, robot servents etc. But the things that will be origional will be something simple, something like the ball-bearing, things so simple anyone could invent them, but in the end it will take a warped mind to invent them.
doormat
level4
level4

Postby doormat » Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:57 pm

Darwinia.

That's pretty warped. :P
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
FrostShard
level5
level5

Postby FrostShard » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:56 pm

Player20030 wrote:Show me and idea that's never been done before in movies, music, or television and I will drop my argument that no idea's origional.

Bowflex Home Gym - The idea is not as revolutionary as you think.

The idea of a home gym, all in one package is nothing new. I think the first home gym emerged in the early 80's.

The one that emerged in the early 80s? :P
Rkiver wrote:So as you see, the average person is a fucking idiot.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:54 am

Player20030 wrote:Show me and idea that's never been done before in movies, music, or television and I will drop my argument that no idea's origional. However, I really do believe that everything has been thought of.

The game "SpaceWar" was never based on a movie, music or television. Nor was the wheel, sliced bread, the bicycle, the motor car. Leonardo da Vinci's inventions and ideas were also pretty original, although admittly some were based on nature such as seeds and birds

DJ_Velocity
level4
level4

Postby DJ_Velocity » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:57 pm

Thanks for bringin up nature. That's a good place to derive ideas from as well

Return to “General”