Uplink Info/Help needed

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

idjiotWiTHcRAck
level0

Uplink Info/Help needed

Postby idjiotWiTHcRAck » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:23 am

Ok I'm runnin into a bit of a problem here. I have these add Univeristy Degree First Class missions. I've tried everything I can think of. What in gods name do I have to put in to complete it?! Secondly I try and log into this IRC chat that I bought and I can't see anything. I type in a message and nothin shows up. I dont see anyone logged in either. Dont know if it has somethin to do with me or what. Hopefully this forum is still looked at since Uplink is kinda old from my understanding. Thanks for tha time and comments if given. :twisted:
ShadowWarrior
level4
level4

Postby ShadowWarrior » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:54 am

I have no idea about that IRC client but here's a solution to your problem with the mission.
idjiotWiTHcRAck
level0

Postby idjiotWiTHcRAck » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:59 am

Thanks for the info so quick. I had just found it somewhere else though, lol. I had read that link a few times trying to figure out what I needed to put. But I found out I needed to change the degree number 2 as the "client" already had to a 1. Heh somethin so simple caused me so much trouble.

New Question

How about this mission I had to change someone to employeed that had died. I had like 45 seconds to get in and my password breaker took most of that time to crack the password. And by the time I found the person I had to delete the dead and type in employeed. By that time I couldn't do anything I had to disconnect before I was caught. Any help with this?

Also is there a way to erase all the letters in the search bar for searching for a person rather then holding ur mouse cursor over the bar and holding backspace?
ShadowWarrior
level4
level4

Postby ShadowWarrior » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:05 pm

Yup. Just press esc, or is it escape? Heh, I'm not sure. :P
idjiotWiTHcRAck
level0

Postby idjiotWiTHcRAck » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:16 pm

Thanks for the info it helps out ALOT!

Another Question

Ok heres another question for the proxy disabler/bypass I need a hud upgrade. I've boughten it. But it doesn't show anywhere. Is it suppose to? And how do I use it?
ShadowWarrior
level4
level4

Postby ShadowWarrior » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:45 pm

After you have bought the HUD connection analyser a new button should appear to the bottom of the screen. When you connect to a system, it shows the status of the proxy/firewall/monitor. Then click on the satellite dish icon on the lower left corner of the screen, select "bypassers" and select the bypasser you want to use. Then just click the security system that the bypasser is supposed to disable.
idjiotWiTHcRAck
level0

Postby idjiotWiTHcRAck » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:47 pm

sweet, thanks alot for all the help! I've been wantin this game for quite a while now.

Anyone know of a way to make fast cash on here?
ShadowWarrior
level4
level4

Postby ShadowWarrior » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:48 pm

Yup. Steal 1,000,000c from a bank. :P
idjiotWiTHcRAck
level0

Postby idjiotWiTHcRAck » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:51 pm

sounds very complicated for me atm. I've gotta play this game more so I can understand more on how to work things. right now I have problems with the missions on changing dead people to being alive. seems that I just dont have the time I need. so I need more work at this, and probably bein a little less high would help, lol.....
intruder
level2
level2

Postby intruder » Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:47 pm

Need more time? Use more bounce points and/or the monitor bypasser. It's just as easy as this. And of course practise, practise, practise ... :)
Don't wonder, whether your data has been changed ... ;-)
idjiotWiTHcRAck
level0

Postby idjiotWiTHcRAck » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:20 pm

A monitor bypasser? The proxy bypasser? OK so which one should I use, the proxy diabler, or the bypasser? I'm currently saving money to buy one. I dont know which one to buy as they seem to do the same thing to me. Just get around the proxy. I can either bypass it without disabling it or disable it right?
intruder
level2
level2

Postby intruder » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:44 pm

Okay here's to make it clear:

Any disabler (proxy and firewall) needs some time to work (you will see a status bar as with the file copier for example) and it will initiate an active trace just as using the password breaker, but with the pw breaker the trace starts immediately - when using a disabler it takes some time before the trace starts. This is, why you first start the disabler and then wait to start the pw breaker till the trace starts.

If you want to use a bypasser, you have to buy the hud connection analyser first (as told in the software description on the market). This makes it even more expensive (bypassers are more expensive than disablers at all) - but if you use a bypasser, it works immediately and if you use the monitor bypasser (which has no corresponding disabler) with the proxy and/or firewall bypasser you won't initiate an active trace (besides high security systems like banks where an admin login always causes an active trace), which means you have all the time you need.

So it's easier with the bypassers. But it is recommended to buy the highest versions at once (as with all other stuff that has different versions), for this helps you to save a lot of money you would otherwise waste if you buy a lower version first.

But if you don't have the money, you could do the earlier jobs with the v5 proxy disabler and many many bounce points. :)

Hope, that helps you for the moment.
idjiotWiTHcRAck
level0

Postby idjiotWiTHcRAck » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:46 pm

sweet! thanks alot for all the help....no futher questions that I can think of atm.
intruder
level2
level2

Postby intruder » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:55 pm

Fine - so it's time for me to go to bed. :)
idjiotWiTHcRAck
level0

Postby idjiotWiTHcRAck » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:56 pm

my data bein changed? what data?

Return to “Hints and Tips”