Gateway Upgrade

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Dark O
level0

Gateway Upgrade

Postby Dark O » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:46 pm

How do I upgrade my gateway??. When I choose one to upgrade, i normaly get the e-mail that this process is going to take 24 hours, after that (24 hours) i get new e-mail, which says that i have to disconnect and the connect back so the gateway upgrade process could finish. I did everything, but when I check my gateway status it is still the old one, and it has not been upgraded.

So can anyone please tell me his instructions how to upgrade gateway.

Please reply soon, sya.
Berni
level0

Postby Berni » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:35 am

It shod upgrate.But the inteface stays exsactly the same.Click wiev gateway in the hub inforamtion tab.(The litle button next the to the big one whith a satelite dish icon).

To change the graphical inteface you need to use the skins in the options (Full 1.2 Version only)

<Chop-PB>
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:17 am

Although downloading the full version of the game is illegal, deprives companies of money, and will most likely lead to you being hated and banned from the community. Oh, and it's also a very good way to get viruses. Most executable files on Kazaa or other file sharing apps will have a virus, spyware, keylogger or similar bundled in, or will simply be none working.

Plus, when you buy uplink you get a shiny disk and other goodies. So go do it!
Berni
level0

Postby Berni » Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:50 am

I got the copy of the whole cd.

What the heck is so valueble in the gamebibile.zip it has just a bunch of pictures.(Didnt bother to get the pasword)

You just got to have antivirus programs wen using kazza.(The one you get whith kazza sucks.)
LLamaBoy
level5
level5

Postby LLamaBoy » Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:49 am

Darksun wrote:Although downloading the full version of the game is illegal, deprives companies of money, and will most likely lead to you being hated and banned from the community.

And he still insists on asking questions in the official forums, expecting us to happily answer,, after freely admitting pirating the game... I think someone's intelligence wossnames are faulty...
Dark O
level0

Postby Dark O » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:51 am

It's OK now, i managed to upgrade my gateway somehow. :?

Return to “Hints and Tips”