So i'm playing Uplink

Moderated discussion about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Revelation
level0

Postby Revelation » Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:23 pm

So anyways, i'm a confident, made the mistake of buying the youcan'tcatchme gateway, with a new processor, so now i have advanced missions but no advanced software, so i need to fastforward the time for days or weeks even to get a mission where i don't have to bypass a proxy - i have HUDConnectionAnalysis, but not anything else. I don't suppose that anyone has any ideas of how to hack a bank, etc?

btw, sorry if this is in the wrong forum, i don't really know what sort of topic this would come under.

btw(2), hi there!

btw(3), congrats to Introversion for creating such a great game.
I can't be bothered to think of one of those thought-provoking signatures that you see all the time. If you know of one that i can use, PM me.
Linker
level3
level3

Postby Linker » Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:15 pm

The "youcantcatchme" gateway is just a joke. You can be cought with it.

Linker
Jackmn
level5
level5

Postby Jackmn » Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:45 am

so i need to fastforward the time for days or weeks even to get a mission where i don't have to bypass a proxy - i have HUDConnectionAnalysis, but not anything else.
Early-mid game you should be using the proxy disabler, since you won't have the cash for a bypasser.
Revelation
level0

Postby Revelation » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:38 pm

No Shit?

I just found out that i can be caught with that gateway.

Is that seriously a joke?

I think it sucks - i'd just spent loads of cash on upgrading it to a dual-200Mhz system, with all the highest levels of software.

Then i got caught, which i thought was strange, because:

a) I ALWAYS erase my logs on both the target machine AND Internic
b) I was using the super-unstoppable-i-cannot-be-caught gateway, which i am now told sucks :(
I can't be bothered to think of one of those thought-provoking signatures that you see all the time. If you know of one that i can use, PM me.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:26 pm

Originally you couldn't be caught using the radio gateway, but Chris broke it when he relased patch 1.2, at least I think it was 1.2. That was never fixed as you saw, you can get caught with it. Just use a more powerful gateway.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Miah
level5
level5

Postby Miah » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:40 pm

Quote: from Revelation on 6:38 am on Feb. 6, 2004[br]Then i got caught, which i thought was strange, because:

a) I ALWAYS erase my logs on both the target machine AND Internic
b) I was using the super-unstoppable-i-cannot-be-caught gateway, which i am now told sucks :(

Also delete the logs at internic that say admin logged in. Do not delete the conection opened logs
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:31 pm

And even in v1, you could be caught through bank statements

Return to “Uplink in Moderation”