Simply uplink

Moderated discussion about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

BloodHounder
level1
level1

Postby BloodHounder » Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:52 am

Quote: from Agito on 8:48 pm on Feb. 25, 2004[br]Ok, I added what you requested.  

It should be up on www.geocities.com/darkagito
Agito

Agito,

You own. Glad you did that, was caught off guard when I went "Wha" then "ACK no Log Deleter!" *drops connection* *runs to Uplink store* *frantically buys a Log Deleter v4* *gets black screen of death*

I also noticed you changed some of the Neuromancer ratings ;-) The only ones I can see right now are "Untrustworthy to Unscrupulous" and "Single Minded to Reckless", if you changed anymore, I'd happily read over a list...did you change any of the UL Ratings? Just curious...if you want ideas for PLOT changes, let me know, I'm good at that stuff. Also, did you do anything with Randomization? it seems like I get a LOT of the same exact missions more than once at the same time. (i.e. I accept 3 "falsify SS docujment" missions to save time, read them and ALL THREE are the same individual, and the same alteration...essentially 3 different companies paid me to do the same thing. I didn't mind, it just seemed wierder than normal...and it happened 2 different times.

BloodHounder
"This is our world now...the world of the electron and the switch, the beauty of the baud. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias... and you call us criminals. You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and
BloodHounder
level1
level1

Postby BloodHounder » Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:47 am

Agito,

Had another idea...perhaps you could set up a filter on the Nuker, where it doesn't delete connection open or connection close files from 127.0.0.1 because that sorta bugs the hell out of me? ;)  I don't know that you can actually be busted doing that...but I've heard it both ways. Also, is there some sorta semi-intelligent scripty thing you could do that say, when password breaker or Proxy Disable or Decypher is running it forces it to max CPU priority? maybe have some hierarchy like "if these are running they get more priority" if these are, they're second on the list (trace tracker?) but that might be far too compicated. Maybe you could combine the MapShowtrace with the Trace Tracker? I LIKE the Mapview, but I tend to be so visually involved I get busted when I use it, so I stick to the Level 4 Trace Tracker (which I have to leave running, which eats CPU power) and I have to rememeber to turn on) because the auditory beeping helps me keep up with traces. Maybe if the MapViewShowtrace actually beeped...hmm.

BloodHounder
"This is our world now...the world of the electron and the switch, the beauty of the baud. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias... and you call us criminals. You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and
Agito
level1
level1

Postby Agito » Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:35 am

New version of Simply Uplink out there:
www.geocities.com/darkagito

Added two new programs
Notepad:  So you can jot down those account numbers

Autbounce!! Automatically create a bounce path, pretty sweet

Enjoy, let me know what you think

Agito
kevnufc
level0

Postby kevnufc » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:42 pm

when you released the latest simply uplink you somehow managed to delete the voice analyser from the game as it is no longer available to buy from the software section

(Edited by kevnufc at 4:42 pm on Mar. 5, 2004)
Agito
level1
level1

Postby Agito » Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:01 am

Sorry about that, should be all fixed up now
kevnufc
level0

Postby kevnufc » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:54 pm

when are you releasing the latest version as you can't play the game properly without the voice analyser?
Thanks
Agito
level1
level1

Postby Agito » Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:02 pm

I released the latest one

it should be up on
Vizzerdrix
level1
level1

Postby Vizzerdrix » Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:15 pm

Hey Agito!
Your mod is amazing! In fact if I didn't accidently launched Revelation on my own gateway I would have played it all the day. :)

Feedback about several thingy:
The Auto-bounce is awesome! It would be cool if there had an easy and simple way to select the first server where you bounce. Like a "First connect on: (INSERT IP HERE)" dialogue box where the IP is saved in a .con file to avoid us from typing the IP each time we use the Auto-Bounce.

Also, the LogNuke is a good program but I rarely use it because it always need the LogDeleter v4.0 to be complete. LogNuke always delete the all the logs, including the "Connection etablished from" log. When I stop it just before it delete the 'Connection etablished' log and then disconnect, it leave a big space between the 'Connect. etablished' and 'Connect. closed' logs, but I don't know if it affect the trace. And if the logs I want to delete are located after the 'Connect. etablished' log (in the deleting order), then I need the Log Deleter v4.0 and LogNuke is kinda useless. It could be solved if you could select which logs you don't want to delete or at least the starting point of the LogNuke. :/
Agito
level1
level1

Postby Agito » Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:29 am

You caught me literally just a couple of hours before I left for a little vacation.

The issue you brought up with the autobounce can be easily solved on your own.  Just click on a server before using the autobounce.  Then open up the autobounce and click on your target.  You can also right-click to deselect the autobounce.

With the lognuke, you bring up some valid points.  So I bring you Lognuke Ver 2.0.  It only deletes entries that can be traced back to you, and leaves the connection closed and connection established entries alone.

Nifty right?

Don't forget, download the latest version at

Keep that feedback coming,
Agito
Vizzerdrix
level1
level1

Postby Vizzerdrix » Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:01 am

Wow, that was fast! :)

There's just a little problem, with the new .exe file, I can't register a new agent. (Fatal error introduction.) :/
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:52 am

Its a known issue.  :)
Agito
level1
level1

Postby Agito » Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:49 am

Crap, that bug will be the end of me.

If you could send me the previous version I could put that back up on the web while I'm on break.  Sorry about that

While we're all taking a break from Simply Uplink, we can sit back and think about other features we would like to see.

I'm adding some new missions now.  I'm also thinking up some new programs.

Let me know if you have any ideas of your own

Agito

(Edited by Agito at 9:32 pm on Mar. 19, 2004)
Vizzerdrix
level1
level1

Postby Vizzerdrix » Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:47 am

Sadly I overwrited the working .exe yesterday. But I figured this break would probably help me to find more idea and feedback.

About those missions involving the console and the neuromancer, you mean unlocking new console commands when reaching a certain neuromancer, kinda like a level up system? That would be awesome! :D

It's would deviate a little from Simply Uplink, but that would be great.

3 thing I thought about and which would stay in the Simply side:
Fix the deep voice problem.
Insert a deadline  to respect for the mission you accept (could help with this neuromancer console command thingy, losing some console command 'cause a deadline wasn't fulfilled).
And rather than removing all the sequences where the server got to search a name in a database, adding a "Search from the begining" "Search from the end" buttons.
Agito
level1
level1

Postby Agito » Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:51 am

You make some great points.  I think adding deadline's to missions is a great idea.  Maybe you can specify your own deadline in the mission acceptance screen
i.e:  You look into a trace hacker mission.  You can do it in a few days, or you can offer to do it within 12 hours and get like 1.5x the pay.  

Kind've like how you pay extra for overnight shipping.
Maybe you can still complete the mission after a deadline but you get penalized on your payment and rating bonus.

Let's see...  I think I know a way I can make the search interface more interesting.  I'll show you in my next update and tell me what you think

Keep those ideas coming, they're gold!
Agito
level1
level1

Postby Agito » Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:38 am

Ok, I have the fixed version up on the web:

I also added a new little feature
There's now an "Update" button on the Software Sales Screen which will update the software sales list and add in the new programs.

This way, you don't have to always create new users to use the new programs of Simply Uplink.

Let me know what you think

Agito

Return to “Uplink in Moderation”