So what abut those Mods ;)

Moderated discussion about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

5pointedstar
level1
level1

Postby 5pointedstar » Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:23 am

Ok guys, so i jst downloaded 25Mb worth of the mods.including all the FBI,Medical Database,S01,etc as wel as tons of skins and the FF8 character changin things!
Right but heres my beef.....How do they all work?
I got the skins to work...but lets face it.They are damn easy!
Now I'm not the most computer literate person in the world,frankly i muddle though!
So if anyone can spare the time i would be most grateful if anyone could explain:

FBI,CMD,S01 and VDPIN- what they do, do i just unzip them to my uplink directory as normal and is there anything extra required to activate them...oh yeah and will they change the game irrevocably?

The soundmod - do i just run it or does it have to be in the uplink directory?

Gateways - how do i get them to run(i saw  the problems that TheHacker256 was having but i didnt really undestand the explanation by Rkiver===>the bit about setting the gateway name as gateway 10.tif for instance...where do u find out how many gateways there are?) -will the gateways be available to purchase like everything else?

Do the name mods just go into the uplink folder?

and finally...

Is it possibe to accidentally set 2 different people mods at the same time (you know,the different pictures)

please if you can spare time to help

regards
TGS

p.s. if there is anything else anyone feels is valid about mods please let me know!:)
n3o77
level3
level3

Postby n3o77 » Mon Oct 27, 2003 3:00 am

exe files go in the uplink root dir, graphics go in a folder under the root named graphics
You will figure it out you 1337 haxor you! :)
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:07 am

Most decent MODs have readme files which oddly enough tell you exactly what to do.  And MODs like CMD and FBI will replace your uplink.exe and so only one can be used at a time (though some are now being combined into a single exe).  :)
5pointedstar
level1
level1

Postby 5pointedstar » Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:51 am

Aaaaah.
It is much clearer now!
Thany You my Friends <bows to Stewsburntbonkey,turns,bows to n3o77>

:biggrin:
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:15 pm

The FBI mod is an extra exe, so can be used along side, say the CMD mod (fbi mod include the VDPIN, so you don't have to get that seperate). Also, the FBI mod has its own Savegame files
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:17 pm

Yes, but they cannot be used concurrently, that was my point.  :)
5pointedstar
level1
level1

Postby 5pointedstar » Wed Oct 29, 2003 10:42 pm

Ok guys I'm confused again! doh!:shocked:

So if i install the fbi mod i can also install the med database and be able to have both the FBI and CMD in my game as well as running the typical Uplink with all the new skins,gateways,software,sound and other mods?
so isit just the S01 mod i cant run with the others?the one by stormchild........

and whats with this savegame files...?that mean its different to normal Uplink so i can keep my old user when i dont want to use the FBI mod?

last point; this VDPIN,is it just a game to replace the elliptic encryption?if so do you have to play to gain access to some places or is there software to crack it for you (and people just prefer to play as it is more interesting)?
Ace24
level1
level1

Postby Ace24 » Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:05 am

All your skins, gateways etc can be used with anything, and you can use all the mods together as long as they don't have there own exe files, if they do you will have to run it along side uplink not with it.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:16 am

The mods, such as the FBI mod, and my own CMD mod, cannot be run together and need a new user to be created to use each one. However you can have the Uplink.exe, FBImod.exe and CMDmod.exe all in the same folder but you will need to have seperate users for each one. We are working on amalgamating all the mods together, and this will be released eventually as one very large mod with all the current mods on it.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
EZaccess
level0

Postby EZaccess » Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:47 am

I no this may have nothing to do with mods, but how do you make them? I mean i have wanted to make my own mod for a while now and i just don't know how! Will somebody please help me?
Revelation and Faith... who will win?
Katana Steel
level2
level2

Postby Katana Steel » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:13 pm

read the readme file that came with the 1.31 patch
i tell you about the Skin, LAN, and Gateway modz, but
to make other things you'll need the DevCD from
Introversion
-- as life grows older, I gain experience
EZaccess
level0

Postby EZaccess » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:18 pm

cheerz katanasteel. i owe u.
Maniak
level4
level4

Postby Maniak » Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:34 am

Quote: from EZaccess on 12:18 pm on Dec. 10, 2003[br]Revelation and Faith... Who will win?

First, if you don't play the storyline, Faith.

If you're playing the storyline, it could be Faith or Revelation, depending on which side you play.

Nice sig. :)
Maniak hacks like crazy!
Click here to visit my favorite site! My Profile! Rate Me! Community status: Forum Maniac Newbie Guides!
Miah
level5
level5

Postby Miah » Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:43 am

Quote: from Maniak on 6:34 pm on Dec. 14, 2003[br]
Quote: from EZaccess on 12:18 pm on Dec. 10, 2003[br]Revelation and Faith... Who will win?

First, if you don't play the storyline, Faith.

If you're playing the storyline, it could be Faith or Revelation, depending on which side you play.

Nice sig. :)

Can you say... "Pointless post?"

Was the fact that you didn't post last here for 4 full days really bother you that much?

Sorry to take your glory away... ¬_¬
EZaccess
level0

Postby EZaccess » Sun Dec 21, 2003 5:21 pm

Hey, guys! Hw do I use the dev cd and make mods, and also, how do I actually code the mods?

Return to “Uplink in Moderation”