Hmmm Hacking game on the web ideas and it could work

Ideas for future addons and sequels

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Ace of Spades
level0

Postby Ace of Spades » Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:58 pm

I was thinking about this. If we could get another flash expert and java expert. We can create an online hacking game.

You can implement mIRC into a web browser using Java.
That would be used to communicate with fellow hackers.

Along side of that using java you can have multiplay.
Seems how flash works with java I can't see why you can't simply use it to create a game. Although I have very little knowledge of Java. But' I could(think) I can create uplink the game using Flash.

But to prevent getting sued up the wingwang we would simply change some stuff around and give it a different title.

I hate throwing out ideas because virtually im sitting here saying OOO OOO OOO I want to make one.... but obviously can't do it alone. If you want to create a game you can count me in! I'll buy damn books on how to program in c++ dammit ;P
You laugh because i'm different...
I laugh because your all the same. I'm about as good as drinking a bottle of terpentine and pissing on a brush fire...Code Name: Ace of Spades http://www.freewebz.com/uplinknet/gateway.htm
RoystonD12
level4
level4

Postby RoystonD12 » Fri Jun 21, 2002 2:03 pm

Ehhhhhhh

Good idea, although it could be fiddly using 3 or more languages -- why not use php or code it for offline use (if it's going to be a differant game, then being an offline only thing isn't *that* bad)

I'm currently doing an offline version of an online game (Gang-wars www.gang-wars.com and my webbeh is www.madhousecg.0catch.com) -- I have vb skillz so if you want any help, well, you scratch my back, I scratch yours ;)
what.up('yo');
Tdoghacka
level0

Postby Tdoghacka » Fri Jun 21, 2002 5:43 pm

OK im in althoguh gotta tell u , i have limited knowledge of web codes (java html), althoguh i already have c++ and Vb books.(already read lol)
Hektik sniper
level5
level5

Postby Hektik sniper » Fri Jun 21, 2002 5:45 pm

i play gang wars its really kewl
British Army The Number 1 UK Soldat Clan
Winners of Storm and Destory CTF
Tdoghacka
level0

Postby Tdoghacka » Fri Jun 21, 2002 5:50 pm

ok btw if u need some help, this guy named Code Red Hacker , thats his sn, is coding an "uplink 2" of his own.if u guys join forces it could be big.  http://www.uplink2.web1000.com/
foodstamp
level0

Postby foodstamp » Thu Jun 27, 2002 10:57 am

heres a better idea set it up so that they have to actually be able to break into a certain folder on your computer
MarkeZ
level3
level3

Postby MarkeZ » Thu Jun 27, 2002 11:21 pm

There are already some web hacking games, www.wirelords.com is one (although it's now closed) and there was at least one more but i can't remember the name or the url.
Visit The Troll Grounds an experience you don't want to miss...well...sort of

NOW WITH 2 BRAND NEW SECTIONS
There is No Spoon
level3
level3

Postby There is No Spoon » Wed Jul 31, 2002 1:18 am

I just searched Google for "Wirelords" and ended up back here...  Google found this very topic.  Kinda cool.
<snip - signature removed - no reason provided>
Christopher
level3
level3

Postby Christopher » Wed Jul 31, 2002 5:10 pm

I loved Wirelords. I'm VERY unhappy it is down. I was a regular. :(
WarBorg
level4
level4

Postby WarBorg » Fri Sep 13, 2002 5:16 pm

wjere did the page go its offline and I dont now why ?
Last edited by WarBorg on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mess With The Best
Die Like The Rest
WarBorg
level4
level4

Postby WarBorg » Fri Sep 13, 2002 5:20 pm

where did the page go its offline and I dont now why ?
uplink2.web1000.com/
Last edited by WarBorg on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mess With The Best
Die Like The Rest
ben
level3
level3

Postby ben » Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:43 am

Jabberwocky was supposed to be the story writer for the new Wirelords.  After asking him about this, I was informed that the owner of Wirelords was/is apparently acting very strange, and he may be dead.  
omfg itz ben
Sixty
level2
level2

Postby Sixty » Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:37 am

He isnt dead, he quit coding it, cause we kept exploiting the shit outta the server =) remember when we figured out the stock market Chris?
Sometimes the idiot is the smart one
Sixty
level2
level2

Postby Sixty » Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:39 am

Also, we figured out how to get like infinite money and infinitie CP, my god that game gave me SUCH a fucking rush! I wish i could contact him. Last I knew of him, he turned wirelords.com into a CS server type thing. Also Remember when we would hack each other and delete everyones software that wasnt in the Safe Bin? oh my god lol
Sometimes the idiot is the smart one
Ethoglow
level1
level1

Postby Ethoglow » Mon Feb 17, 2003 4:57 am

hmm I threw this Idea out there a while ago. Your addition sounds good but why do you need flash???? java's anomation abilities are quite powerful enough besides flash means a longer loading time. Maybe you could use a Java engine behind a php service and run it off of there. It would work. The animinations like the real uplink could be stuck in to add to the fun. Throw in the mIRC clinet applet and bam we'd have the largest online hacking game around. If everyone bought Uplink from Chris he could throw in a random number on a slip of paper which would let you register to play uplink online. or you could pay him $7 us dollars for a lifetime membership(I dunno how much the hosting would cost but if your using .php side by side with the java code it shoulden't be that bad) It could work...
What do you say Chris??? ^_^!!!
On the seventh day god created the platypus and said, "ha... Let the eveloutionist's  figure that one out"

Return to “The Future”