Stock Market

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

compsec
level0

Postby compsec » Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:08 pm

I've been logging in and out of the stock market buying various shares and manipulating the stocks with varying degrees of success.
So far I haven't become a millionaire using this method.
I've hacked the admin account but it doesn't give me anything meaningful.

Has anyone else had any luck with the stock market, manipulating the share value for substancial gains?

So far my best ploy is when I'm given a job to destroy data.
Usually the company hiring me is the chief compeitor of the people they want you to trash.
So, when their competition takes a hit, the stock of the hiring company goes up.
So before the hack I log into the market and buy shares of the hiring company.

Needless to say the stock of the company I fry goes down. So after it does, I tend to buy, and then sell when they return to normal.

But I'm only able to make a few credits this way.

Anyone with the DevCD see if I'm just seeing ghosts?
Or do jobs, and the end results of those jobs actually affect the stocks in a favorable or negative way?
Miah
level5
level5

Postby Miah » Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:10 pm

If you invest in stocks whose company you worked for when taking another one down, you get more credits from it.

Make sense?
Owen
level1
level1

Postby Owen » Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:40 pm

how do u get on the stock market? do u need 2 complete a certain mission or get a certain ranking?
Ahdinko
level3
level3

Postby Ahdinko » Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:48 pm

Its in Internic i beleive
I know a good signature when I steal one.
www.perathnia-online.com
Miah
level5
level5

Postby Miah » Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:48 pm

You need to own the game, not the demo, and create a new account
CyberGenesis
level2
level2

Postby CyberGenesis » Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:05 pm

yeah...i neer use it, i just push my luck with bank hacks...only ever done 1 successfully, and its usually after i get a "trace balance transfer" job, since they usually send massive amounts all at once

i used to just play under the cheat agent name, but after the patches i had to become creative. still...im hoping to get the $45...march 7th is my B-day...maybe ill get it then and have some fun
Gravemaskin
level1
level1

Postby Gravemaskin » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:47 am

good tip, get LOTS of arunmor stocks BEFORE the revelation menace. like when you get the warning mail from the dead hacker. From there on out into about 1 month after revelation Arunmor stocks will increase ALOT in value, because they are kinda expencive to begin with, you should get a few 100,000 if you own 500-700 stocks maby more, never counted it:p
Nooch
level0

Postby Nooch » Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:18 am

I made account ..but how do you buy stock ..i dont see any option for it?..i would like to buy and sell....and make my own market rise and fall....ha ha..please help..ty
Chalkstar
level1
level1

Postby Chalkstar » Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:27 pm

When you view the stocks it comes up with a list of Companies.
Correct?
Then you just click on a company and it will show you some prices and recent prices and stuff
there should be a button that says buy,   click it and your off
<<Life is just a line.  We are all destined to reach our end>>*Ch@lK$t@R*
Nooch
level0

Postby Nooch » Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:55 am

I must be in the wrong place..i dont see anywhere to view co. stocks...what gateway? e-trade??what

TY

nooch
Linker
level3
level3

Postby Linker » Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:59 am

Do you have the full game?

Linker
Chalkstar
level1
level1

Postby Chalkstar » Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:59 am

when you log in to the international stock market system (avaliable from Internic) you see a button that says "browse shares".   Click it
Then it comes up with a list of companies and share value.
When you click on a company, in the bottom right hand corner of the window there are two buttons. Buy and Sell.
Click these at your leisure and look to the bottom right to see how many shares you own.

NOTE:In the company list an asterisk appears in a company that you own shares in.

Help?
<<Life is just a line.  We are all destined to reach our end>>*Ch@lK$t@R*
doaso
level2
level2

Re: Stock Market

Postby doaso » Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:58 am

These days the stock market has become incredibly popular. Many people consider it a gold mine and it is so, but it is important to understand that in order to steadily earn on the stock market you need to put a lot of effort and spend a lot of time on studying materials about trading on the stock market. But I think I can help you with that. For my opinion, you should take a look at this article on the NASDAQ for a start. This information will be your foundation in learning about the stock market.
I hope my answer is helpful to you!

Return to “Hints and Tips”