Any Newbies?

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Maniak
level4
level4

Postby Maniak » Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:14 pm

That's it. I'm tired of all you newbies making seperate topics for your questions. Like the other people on this board, I answered your questions. It's just annoying that you put up so many topics. So I started this topic to put an end to it. Newbies, if you have any questions, post them here. That way I can answer them, and you won't get flamed by the other members for the reasons I've just said. Let the answering begin!
Maniak hacks like crazy!
Click here to visit my favorite site! My Profile! Rate Me! Community status: Forum Maniac Newbie Guides!
Robert Redford
level0

Postby Robert Redford » Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:25 pm

come on let me in where's the password for the game bible, ivé looked in the story, ive looked everywhere i can think of..
Robert Redford
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:26 pm

Have you checked the back of the case?  :)
Maniak
level4
level4

Postby Maniak » Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:32 pm

I think you might need a program like RedShirt or something like that to decrypt the files. That's all I can offer.
Maniak hacks like crazy!
Click here to visit my favorite site! My Profile! Rate Me! Community status: Forum Maniac Newbie Guides!
Robert Redford
level0

Postby Robert Redford » Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:35 pm

the only thing on the back of the case i tried was the f ing long code under the web address and it didn't like that very much and screwed my x10 up for an hour
Robert Redford
Maniak
level4
level4

Postby Maniak » Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:37 pm

Sorry, can't help you there.:(
Maniak hacks like crazy!
Cold Fusion
level5
level5

Postby Cold Fusion » Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:42 pm

I would say "Think outside the box" but you already have it.

You just have to convert/decode it. ;)
*Cold Fusion*
Robert Redford
level0

Postby Robert Redford » Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:55 pm

nope still lost without a clue, i would convert it using the inlay card, but that's just going to give a code just as long and unfortunatley the new windows don't like long passwords, it's a bug that we need to fix
Robert Redford
Cold Fusion
level5
level5

Postby Cold Fusion » Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:57 pm

/me thinks of more hints...

Healthy Elephants eXercise...

And while I'm here, I'll just point out that you can't keep all questions in one place. The whole point of a Hints and Tips forum is that specific issues are addressed individually. No harm done though. ;)
*Cold Fusion*
Maniak
level4
level4

Postby Maniak » Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:58 pm

Let me know if you think I might be of any help. But ask yourself two questions before you ask yours. "Might people be able to help me answer it?" and "Is it annoying?"(Heck, maybe that should have been the first one). If you said yes to both of them, then it's worth posting. Otherwise, it's a waste of space. Got it? Good.:)
<EDIT> Oh, and Cold Fusion, I said this was a Newbie topic. It was to eliminate the unnecessary topics newbies kept putting up. To do that, the system is simple. They ask me their questions, I answer them(or at least try to). Everyone is happy. Repeat until the newbies start searching the topics themselves. It's practically perfect!:biggrin:</EDIT>

(Edited by Maniak at 5:04 pm on Aug. 27, 2003)

<EDIT> Oh, he means

*SPOILER! SPOILER! BEWARE OF CONVICTED SPOILER!*

use a HEX program, such as RedShirt. NOT GOIN ANY FURTHER!:angry:</EDIT>

(Edited by Maniak at 5:23 pm on Aug. 27, 2003)
Maniak hacks like crazy!
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Thu Aug 28, 2003 12:32 pm

Maniak... redshirt isn't a hex program, its used for encrypting/decrypting files (such as .usr files)
Maniak
level4
level4

Postby Maniak » Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:41 pm

Oh, oops. I don't really know the programs that well. I'm just glad people are starting to notice me. just want to be helpful! :)
<EDIT> Yeah, I was right the first time, as it turns out. :cheesy: I feel so dumb.</EDIT>

(Edited by Maniak at 9:05 am on Aug. 28, 2003)
Maniak hacks like crazy!
Scipio
level0

Postby Scipio » Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:14 pm

Collegue making a donation.

Looked through your FAQ as to not be labelled "Lazy stupid f*ck newbie" :) but could find no help on this matter.

I use Monitor and Proxy Bypass, hack the account and do the transfer.
I delete the transfer logs and bank logs. I do IP lookup on the recieving account and delete the relevant logs there as well. Still i get a "mission not completed". It says the transfer was not made.

??
Maniak
level4
level4

Postby Maniak » Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:26 pm

That's the problem. If you delete the transfer logs, the company won't know the transfer was made. You don't have to delete the transfer logs, just your own logs made from bouncing. Happy to help. :)
Maniak hacks like crazy!
level0

Postby 01 » Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:20 am

How do you run programs from the console?

erm nevermind, i think i answered my own question, feel free to tell me anyways if it strikes your fancy though.

(Edited by 01 at 8:23 pm on Aug. 29, 2003)
Error!
File luck.dat is corrupted, exec anger.cfg

Return to “Hints and Tips”