Clearing my record

Stuck in Uplink? Need Help?

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver, Punisher Bass

Pacemeyer
level1
level1

Postby Pacemeyer » Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:22 pm

I have been cought hacking and had to pay a fine. Now no one wants to take me on, on the jobs im too low rank for anyway and I was wondering if:

I hack into the golbal criminal database,
Look me up,
clear my record.
(I know I can do all that)

Will it actually make a difference or is it a waste of time?

Oh Yea.

On my disavowed agent I tried to hack a bank. I managed to get the voice recognition and password but I didn't bother to do the decyphering. (I do have reasons).

They found me. How?

I deleted the appropriate logs on interNIC (The first node I bounced through) and the approprate logs and all the systems I have admn acces to.

Can someone tell me her I went wrong?

(Edited by Pacemeyer at 11:26 pm on Aug. 12, 2003)
"... freeflow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once chained people who's leaders at last loose their grip on informartion flow will soon burst with vitality, but, the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse
Parasite
level2
level2

Postby Parasite » Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:27 am

okay,

about the GCD) Not sure, its nice to have a clean record though

About the banks) Banks have a rediculoiusly fast passive trace(aparently it run at the same speed as an active trace) so you have to be really quick with the cleanup, also, you only need to clean the logs at Internic(or first bounce point), cleaning logs on other machines will only make them trace you and then you're screwed
I'll try anything once, twice if it involves half naked girls and strawberry syrup ;)
Pacemeyer
level1
level1

Postby Pacemeyer » Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:03 am

Oh OK thanks.
"... freeflow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once chained people who's leaders at last loose their grip on informartion flow will soon burst with vitality, but, the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse
BiG FaT SpErM
level3
level3

Postby BiG FaT SpErM » Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:05 am

Some companies wont hire you if u have a criminal record so make sure you keep ot clean. u shouldnt be getting caught in the first plae but if u do then clear it as soon as possible.

With the bank thing do u mean you transferred money to your account then they caught u in a passive trace???if so then you have to delete the statements at BOTH accounts, the one you transferred the money from and the one receiving the money
Uplink Rating: TERMINAL
Neuromancer Rating: Revelutionary
Special Missions Completed: 7

Return to “Hints and Tips”