Nick meanings

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Orillion
level3
level3

Postby Orillion » Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:29 pm

Quote: from Goliath88 on 4:26 pm on Oct. 24, 2003[br]Sorry 'bout the TroPhoe. I get carried away at times. And I agree. Catholicism is riddled with hypocrisy, however, that is not true about all religion. I personally don't care what you believe, so long as you believe.

So if I don't believe in anything...does that make me a bad person?
Made you look!
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:31 pm

Oh I don't believe. Not any more. But I am content in my belief of non-belief, and as long as you are happy with whatever belief system you have and don't try to force it upon another person, then we can all get along and be happy with our diversity of beliefs.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Flamekebab
level5
level5

Postby Flamekebab » Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:36 pm

Well that sounds good - now let's try and tell GWB that....
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:38 pm

I believe we've gone somewhat off topic, feel free to criticise that belief.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:38 pm

I've given up on GWB, and anything associated with him. I feel pity for those who are forced to put up with his regime, and hope he is taken out of power shortly for the betterment on the USA, and the rest of the planet.
Flamekebab
level5
level5

Postby Flamekebab » Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:43 pm

Do you reckon we could club together for the bill to have him assassinated?
Who was it that said "Well I hope your Prime Minister dies.." and got the reply -"So do most of the Brits.."?
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:46 pm

I remember that post. It amused me at the time as the person who said it, their name eludes me, was most definately an idiot who believed GWB could do no wrong. I'm just glad the rest of us know that he could probably do no more wrong, he's done it all at this stage.

Anyway this is getting off topic and into the realm of personal political beliefs. Suffice to say GWB should never have gotten into power, at least in my opinion.
Orillion
level3
level3

Postby Orillion » Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:49 pm

I'd love to have GWB arrested in the game, for "starting pointless wars", and "being extremly stupid" and such.

*grins*
Made you look!
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:51 pm

/me goes and adds Orillion's idea to the list of things to add to his mod made using the DevCD.
Orillion
level3
level3

Postby Orillion » Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:04 pm

Yay! do we get to see him arrested during a speech?

"My fellow Americans, I...hey what the hell? Leave me alone, i'm the PRESIDENT!"

:cool:
Made you look!
Iris
level5
level5

Postby Iris » Sat Oct 25, 2003 12:54 pm

yes, it all makes sense now. why not develop a mod wherein a conspiracy is involved, and the player's task is to uncover that conspiracy through breaking and entering defense systems and secure servers? makes a good mod idea or storyline for uplink to me.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sat Oct 25, 2003 1:47 pm

I have a better idea, RabbitLink

Replace hackers with mean rabbits, computers with rabbit holes (they might be called warrens, I might be making it up), the authorities rabbit  with tamed foxes (they're smart rabbits), who eat the naughty rabbits that get screwed by the mean rabbits, or get caught invading other rabbits' holes (stop thinking that, right now. I'm still talking) and bounces with distractions that others will check out first.

Missions will be prcisely the same, but with different names, like files would be carrots (because I say so), money in banks (very big rabbit holes) would be lettuce (because it's mostly green, and I say so) , and instead of 2 computer crimes and a parole violation, have 2 crimes with the words "carrot" or "lettuce" in them and something with "edible" (the GCD will be a guarded rabbit hole with a load of post-it notes or something. These ARE smart rabbits).

As for the storyline ARC could be a group of rabbits working on chemical warfare (I can't emphasise enough on how smart these rabbits are), "Revelation" can still be a virus, what Arunmor is doesn't seem too important to me, they just hate ARC and make a vaccine for "Revelation".

Tools will be more or less the same, except password breaker and decypher are mindreading devices (I do have to make finding the password plausible, you know), memory will be physical strength, measured by how many ounces you can carry, CPUs will be how quickly you can do things (no change there), the gateways would be a sort of suit which can have its hydraulics upgraded (why am I even continuing thinking about this? This is going horribly wrong), security will be sixth sense, and self destruct, and firewall and proxy will be dozy guards who need to be distracted by certain things.

Maybe there could be cute rabbit pictures here and there to make it look more like the childish rabbit equivalent I had in mind.

This is my moment of inspiration, please pity me, rather than flame me
FrostShard
level5
level5

Postby FrostShard » Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:35 pm

Yay!!  We love RabbitLink!!...  Except it needs something...   perhaps some Rabid Ninja Monkey Death Commandos?

Quote: from Iris on 5:06 am on Oct. 24, 2003[br]and that goes well by noting how you changed your sig to make a parody out of mine. it's like Wierd Al remaking the song of Eminem.

I feel elated. really! ^_^

Yeah, but in the parody one, I tried reading the first letters sdrawkcab and forwards, and the alternating 1st, 2nd, and 19th letter in each sentence... I even tried to reading it in a mirror eating a banana split upside-down hile having my genitals strapped to a llama*, but to no avail.

Help please? :confused:

*OW.  Damn you, Mas Tnega!!
Rkiver wrote:So as you see, the average person is a fucking idiot.
poortwistedme
level5
level5

Postby poortwistedme » Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:41 pm

You are supposed to be in front of a mirror not in a mirror.
There's gold in them mountains!
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:41 pm

It's the same as Iris', take the first letters, turn it around and you get the initials for a saying (think alien conspiracy and stuff). Thinking of one that whose acronym was an english word written backwards was beyond me (Iris' case was probably coincidental, anyway)

Return to “General”