level1
level1

armegeddon strike

Postby michiel14 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:32 pm

my main strategy in defcon is:
1. send subs to coastlines
2. at defcon 3 send bombers from carriers to airbases
3. survive till defcon 1
4. wait for others to nuke eachother(dont nuke)
5. survive assaults
6. wait till most nukes where fired (and check your coastlines for subs)
7. SEND ALL NUKES (from silos,bombers,subs
8. voila armegeddon :twisted:

pros: instant many kills,enemies arent able to destroy a massive wave at once
cons: your very vulnerable while striking, chance that your strike wont reach due to the victory timer
i let my bombers go to my airbases because my carriers get destroyed very quick in a naval battle and that is a waste of bombers and nukes.
P.S my name here in forums is NOT my defcon name so you guys cant prepare for my armegeddon
blackwhitehawk
level2
level2

Postby blackwhitehawk » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:54 pm

Thats kinda what i do but i keep bombers in carriers thogh i might try and send them to airbases and see how that works. Do air bases have unlimted slots for bombers.
Sr_Dela
level2
level2

Postby Sr_Dela » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:35 am

I have a little ritual I like to follow. If I'm in an alliance I hold back what I can, only launching from carriers and airfields to blind the enemy a bit by taking out their radars. What I always like to do is wait till the timer hits 2:30 then launch a mass attack with all my allies to North America, and right before the nukes hit, type short Christmas song lyrics. Like "here comes santa claus, here comes santa clause, etc." For some reason, I find that extremely satisfying.
GlassThatRock
level1
level1

Postby GlassThatRock » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:08 am

Sounds like a poor tactic to me. Giving up the sea is a huge mistake. Try using battleships to go ahead of your carriers and micromanage carrier bombers as anti-shipping bombers at Defcon 3. It is not difficult to protect your carriers long enough for them to be very useful later on...
Brent223
level0

Postby Brent223 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:53 am

Love the snippits of Christmas tunes. Good psyops.

I hope that if it ever happens for real, once we launch we stop talking on the hot line. Just pipe stuff from Metallica's first album instead. Jump in the Fire, Four Horsemen, you get the idea.
GeneticFreak
level3
level3

Postby GeneticFreak » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:50 am

Problem is if you're playing in default or genocide mode that will make you lose as the big cities are most likely have 3m population left. And you have nothing else to score from except scraping up from small cities.
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war and my fingers to fight
CptDarknuggets
level1
level1

Postby CptDarknuggets » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:43 pm

If you already have subs of their coast. Then why dont you launch your subs when the enemy is in icbm mode? You wont take as many casualties then their AA systems are down leaving a full scale assualt destroying the enemy.
Mighty Santa
level2
level2

Postby Mighty Santa » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:50 pm

Sr_Dela wrote:I have a little ritual I like to follow. If I'm in an alliance I hold back what I can, only launching from carriers and airfields to blind the enemy a bit by taking out their radars. What I always like to do is wait till the timer hits 2:30 then launch a mass attack with all my allies to North America, and right before the nukes hit, type short Christmas song lyrics. Like "here comes santa claus, here comes santa clause, etc." For some reason, I find that extremely satisfying.

Being the Santa, I am immune to such lyrical psyops.
---

The Santa continues to try different formations to see what works best.
4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42
torq
level3
level3

Re: armegeddon strike

Postby torq » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:23 am

michiel14 wrote:i let my bombers go to my airbases because my carriers get destroyed very quick in a naval battle and that is a waste of bombers and nukes.

This way you're loosing nukes that are left on carriers.
R.Reagan
level1
level1

Postby R.Reagan » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:53 pm

and you will miss this nice naval battles that happens sometimes when all destroyer are gone and your only hope is to find his/her carrierfleet earlier then he/she finds yours! it´s half of the fun!!
Keywork
level1
level1

Postby Keywork » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:24 am

I typically try to win all my naval battles asap, and move the subs somewhere off the coast of the enemy country. There I wait, roaming the seas for subs, until the near end of the game, or when that country is being attacked. I then launch all my sub missiles, and follow with a few silos. I never launch all silos at once, 3 at most. I also launch bombers in a big row periodically, parking my carriers midrange so that they can refuel and return or continue bombing runs. But it all depends on naval dominance. Always.

I actually got asked once what the hell I was doing during a 3vs3 battle. Me as NA. I literally had my navies just sitting around my country, lookin' all cool, and not doing a thing, while SA and EU were battling with Russia and Asia. I just let them all fight eachother to the death, and finally SA asked me why I hadn't moved barely at all, and I replied with barrages of nukes and bombers at Russia and Africa. Basically, you just let your allies soak up the damage, and swoop in for the megadeaths.

Return to “Strategic Air Command”