Diplomacy - friendly, slowish paced games

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

TheDan
level1
level1

Postby TheDan » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:32 pm

That was a helluva game, went on for at least 2 hours and yet not a single person asked for a speed change until it was over, just how it should be :D

I'm all for some more organised games, it was a much nicer playing environment than usual

Good game again people, PM me again if something similar is organised
Siberian Hamster
level1
level1

Postby Siberian Hamster » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:20 pm

Yeah, a thoroughly enjoyable game. Thanks to all who took part and to those who sat back and watched the fireworks too! For the record, well done Dan, although how you had 68 nukes left at the end is utterly beyond me!

Anyway, as I mentioned, I'd like to put together an email distribution list to make arranging future games a little easier, so if you're interested PM me your email address and I'll send something round to everyone. :D

P.S. Oppenheimer, sorry you couldn't get in - I left plenty of spectator slots open, so I don't know what could have been the problem. Hopefully, we'll see you next time!
Impy
level1
level1

Postby Impy » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:33 pm

yeah was an awesome game apart from the connection problems i had at that one point :(
Amy hit me real hard at the start with those subs was awesome :D i liked how europe and russia completely bummed each other over i got disconnected and they were both top scores came back they were both bottom :lol:
gotta get some more organised games on the go.
Lekdevil.NL
level1
level1

Postby Lekdevil.NL » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:22 pm

Gentlemen and lady, thanks for the excellent games. Games, yes, as a small cadre of diehards returned to the scene of the crime for an encore. Here are some screenshots from the first game's memorable event: The European Gambit.

I spy with my little eye... BETRAYAL!

Unfortunately, the gambit didn't pay off, as a few moments later, all hell breaks loose over Europe:

Leading to this:

And THIS:

Note the Euro leader's famous last words: "yeah, but you died less." That's the last we ever heard from him, as Europe was progressively remodeled into a glowing glass parking lot.

The second game was as much fun as the first, and saw yours truly putting his money where his mouth was. No running commentaries this time, as the job of a nuclear dictator is a demanding one. After an incomprehensible number of alliance changes, and millions of deaths, it all came down to my final all-out launch, which was the only thing needed to secure a glorious victory...

...only to find out that South America is a damned long way from everything else. Hence, my costly nukes remain suspended in mid-air as time ran out, eternally mocking my failed attempt at world domination. Amy took revenge for everything and scored a memorable victory:

Thanks, and see y'all soon!
Impy
level1
level1

Postby Impy » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:50 pm

We have to get some sort of league setup for diplomacy mode. Would be great fun. Nice pics btw Lek you were a great spectator ;)
ha
Koba
level1
level1

Postby Koba » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:35 am

I love Diplomacy! AIM me at "CannonballSU", up for a game anytime.
Impy
level1
level1

Postby Impy » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:01 am

grr what annoys me is when you're really getting into a game and then the server shuts down:(
i think we should adopt some sort of code thing so you know the game will get played till the end say like putting
pte - play till end in the server name :D what ya reckon?
MadSeven
level2
level2

Postby MadSeven » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:06 am

You missed a screenie of Europe....

Defcon 2, before Sumpis and Rip show their true nature;

And after, a few minutes into defcon 1, all hell breaks loose. Not only the betrayers launch, I believe I spotted a few nukes with "unknown colors"... Once the dust has settled, Europe looks like this;

Siberian Hamster
level1
level1

Postby Siberian Hamster » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:46 am

Wish I'd been able to see how the second game ended up. Unfortunately, I had to leave just as all the nukes were flying off happily to their targets! Bah! I've got some good screenies though, so I'll try and post them later today for you.

Anyway, just a quick reminder that I'm putting together a list of e-mail addresses to make sorting out games in the future a bit easier than having to PM everyone.

So far, I've got addresses for the following:

Impy, TheDan, Sumpis, Oppenheimer, Useful Dave, Amy/Johhnyblossom, Captain EO, rippedcap and RedMenace

Anyone else interested, then please PM me and I'll add you as well. Come on Lek and Mad, you know you want to!

Cheers
rippedcap
level2
level2

Postby rippedcap » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:53 am

@ MadSeven

Awwww bless your lone bomber in the final screenie ;)

Great games everyone.

Nukes: Check
Silos: Check
Subs: Check
Banter: Check Check Check

-- Rip
johnnyblossom
level0

Thanks, folks!

Postby johnnyblossom » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:07 am

Thanks for a great evening of games, and for improving my playing stlye so much with all your advice. I had a great time. Can't wait to play with you all again. You all know where to find me if you need a target.

Amy

:D
johnnyblossom
level0

Mwah ha ha!

Postby johnnyblossom » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:11 am

It's arrived! My beautiful boxed copy has ARRIVED! Oh, happy day! O prosperous dawn!

scholt
level1
level1

Re: Mwah ha ha!

Postby scholt » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:13 am

johnnyblossom wrote:It's arrived! My beautiful boxed copy has ARRIVED! Oh, happy day! O prosperous dawn!

what's delivered within the box? disc and printed manual? :D
Oppenheimer
level1
level1

Postby Oppenheimer » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:37 am

Typical, the game I can't connect to is the greatest game of all time. Sounds about right :-(

Not to worry Hamster, some servers I just don't seem to be able to connect to - probably a network issue of some kind, somewhere. I'm on BT, so it's kind of sucky.

Sounds like a great game, wish I coulda been there.
TheDan
level1
level1

Postby TheDan » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:53 am

Does anyone fancy a diplomacy game tonight? I'll prolly be on about 8PM UK time, and will host a diplomacy server, called "Diplo (Forum)", password will be "basil" again.

(I know it's kindof contradictory to post a password in a public forum, but this stops people who don't really care what they play from wandering onto the server. If I don't get many people joining then I'll open the server to all after about 5/10mins)

Return to “General”