The Downlink Challenge

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

RoystonD12
level4
level4

Postby RoystonD12 » Sun Jun 15, 2003 3:54 am

Signups are open! (yay etc!)

You can go here to go to the challenge page via the spiffy intro animation (27kb flash) or you can skip the animation and go directly to the challenge page

For those of you not familiar with the downlink challenge, let me give you a little background information. A while back, Zaptan, einstein adn myself decided that downlink ran a challenge... erm, that's it :)

Edit: A little more about the challenge
Basically, the DC is a HUGE contest designed to test your hacking skills, both in real life and in uplink, your general intelligence, lateral thinking and hand-eye co-ordination. It will involve uplink, the internet and another game (the title of which is classified information right now)
-hope this helps-

Something you might find more interesting  are the prizes: We're not revealing what they are yet, although suffice to say that there are unique items of introversion and uplink memorabilia, plus some PC hardware for the runner-ups.

Sign up now! You'll recieve an email at a later date regarding the first round, the Qualifier!

Good luck!

BTW: If you have any questions, or enquiries about the Downlink Challenge, you can contact me (MegaDeth) or Zaptan in #downlink on irc.uplinkcorp.net or by email: rich@madhouse.biz - you can also post on the Downlink Forums should you feel the need :)

(Edited by RoystonD12 at 4:10 am on June 15, 2003)
what.up('yo');
RoystonD12
level4
level4

Postby RoystonD12 » Sun Jun 15, 2003 4:50 am

Out of curiosity, are all the links I gave working? i've had one person say something about an error, but they weren't too clear
what.up('yo');
EnjoiZao
level2
level2

Postby EnjoiZao » Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:51 am

everything looked ok to me.  i haven't gotten my email yet though....
"Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'" -Peter
"Peter, those are Cheerios." -Brian
RandyTtob
level2
level2

Postby RandyTtob » Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:54 am

yeah i signed up awile ago an i still got no email but it all worked fine for me to
< Rednex-Cotten Eyed Joe >
TechnoGoth
level2
level2

Postby TechnoGoth » Sun Jun 15, 2003 7:45 am

Can you give as alittle more information?
When does it start?
What kind of things does it involve?
Its a little vague at present... I'd like to know a little more before I decied to enter or not.
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.
einstein
level5
level5

Postby einstein » Sun Jun 15, 2003 10:18 am

The email u wont get until megadeth decides to start the challenge and close signups... at the minute the challenge is not underway, it is just gettin its userdatabase up...

AND MEGADETH WE NEED TO TALK!
Mazda
level1
level1

Postby Mazda » Sun Jun 15, 2003 10:51 am

WOO HOO it's back heh at least i won't be on holiday this time not gonna miss it.!!!!!!!

(Edited by Mazda at 10:51 am on June 15, 2003)
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Sun Jun 15, 2003 11:05 am

Shouldnt there be 2 password entry boxes or something to make sure you type it right? Especially if you cant retireve the password later on.
Starfyre
level5
level5

Postby Starfyre » Sun Jun 15, 2003 12:49 pm

PC hardware?
Cool :D

Can people from Germany participate too?
RoystonD12
level4
level4

Postby RoystonD12 » Sun Jun 15, 2003 3:47 pm

Ein: thanks, you're a life saver. I'm working on it right now, though it takes time for my host to set anything up. The code you sent me should do very nicely for the time being.

TechnoGoth: The challenge will be starting in about 2-3 weeks, although if signups are still going strong by then, I will extend the signup period. If that is the case, then I will make a further announcement on the forums and on irc. As for the challenge itself, there is more information here on the Downlink Forum. We can't give away *too* much information, as is the nature of the Challenge, but you should get a good idea from there. Furthermore, all you will need for this challenge is a registered and patched (1.31) version of uplink, an internet connection, email account and a brain :D

Icepick: taken into account, i'll try and do that soon

Starfyre: yep, though don't get TOO excited, it's intended more as a booby prize for the last-place winners, and yes, anyone can enter the challenge. Postage will be paid for by us should the winer be overseas (prizes are in London right now)

Any questions, come to #downlink on irc.uplinkcorp.net or post on the downlink forums.

(Edited by RoystonD12 at 3:47 pm on June 15, 2003)
what.up('yo');
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Sun Jun 15, 2003 4:01 pm

Hmm, Deja Vu...
So, let me guess, all the signups from last time were lost, and therefore I will have to re-sign up?

NeoThermic
BertyDaGod
level0

Postby BertyDaGod » Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:36 pm

when i go to the signup screen and fil in all the fieldz it says that i aint filled them in.
BertyDaGod
level0

Postby BertyDaGod » Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:44 pm

P.S how do i increase my forum rating?
Starfyre
level5
level5

Postby Starfyre » Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:32 pm

You post a lot.
(note: post a lot does not mean spam a lot, like many users would like to think...)

But the rating doesn't count anyway, if you're a Beginner and make qualified posts, you're ten times more worth than a veteran spammer :)
einstein
level5
level5

Postby einstein » Sun Jun 15, 2003 10:52 pm

There appears to be a problem with the script at the minute, rest assured the downlink team are doing there best.... :D

Return to “General”