Complaining About How People Play

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

N0ught
level3
level3

Complaining About How People Play

Postby N0ught » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:36 pm

I'm really sick of hearing people complain about other Defcon players, so here are some basic facts, just in case you didn't realize them:

1 - Anyone can disconnect from a game at any time. That doesn't mean they did it on purpose, and that doesn't mean they did it just to piss you off. Maybe someone dropped a bomb on them? Who the hell knows? At least the AI takes over, so you don't have an unresponsive player for the rest of the game.

2 - There are assholes who play Defcon. You might even be one of them. Congratulations: you have discovered the planet earth - where not everyone is as nice as they may seem at first. There are no Defcon moderators. Deal with it or go play with your AI.

3 - Just shut up about people setting the game to realtime - if you don't like the "use slowest speed" option, make your own game without it. Problem solved. Oh, and if you also want the toilet seat left down, put it down yourself, Nancy.

4 - People fucking swear. They fucking do it all the fucking time. Fucking deal with it. Defcon isn't fucking censored, and probably never fucking will be. Nobody can fucking offend you without your fucking permission. Fuck.

5 - Defcon is a great game, and should be enjoyed. Enjoyment is a personal experience. If you let someone ruin your enjoyment, then you should be more careful about how you let others influence your personal enjoyment. Try laughing at your own people as millions of them get disintegrated - now that's personal enjoyment.

6 - Use this forum for asking questions and otherwise gathering information - not for whining about how someone sunk your battleship, laughed at you and then left the game on realtime for the duration. Leave that game, and go find another. Yes: somebody just wasted your time. You can't get it back. Deal with it.

7 - Short of physical coercion and black magic nobody can control what other people do, nor should they desire to. Accept it. Live with it. Learn to love it. After all, you are a person with the same free will to play Defcon into the wee hours of the morning.

So it was written. So let it be done. :lol:
Last edited by N0ught on Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorontur
level0

Postby Thorontur » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:52 pm

Nicely said!
I to-ta-ly agree with you!
Mattu
level1
level1

Re: Complaining About How People Play

Postby Mattu » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:08 pm

N0ught wrote:I'm really sick of hearing people complain

Wouldn't this be considered complaining about complainers? I mean, I'm just being technical...

:wink:
wwarnick
level5
level5

Postby wwarnick » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:29 pm

Mattu wrote:

Wouldn't this be considered complaining about complainers? I mean, I'm just being technical...

No technicality about it. He's complaining.
denzil
level2
level2

Postby denzil » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:29 pm

Mattu wrote:

Oh god infinite loop, we're doomed!!1
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:29 pm

N0ught wrote:4 - People fucking swear. They fucking do it all the fucking time. Fucking deal with it. Defcon isn't fucking censored, and probably never fucking will be. Nobody can fucking offend you without your fucking permission. Fuck.

Fucking right! :D
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:33 pm

I ponder if we can somehow convert N0ught's rage into energy; he would have enough to power the forums server for a few months from just this topic alone ;)

NeoThermic
JoshB
level1
level1

Postby JoshB » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:39 pm

Mattu wrote:

I'm tired of people pointing out technicalities in arguments complaining about complainers!! :x Why can't you just focus your time on illogical arguments and ad hominem attacks instead of meta-commentary?! Go with your gut. My gut tells me that you're all idiots! That makes you wrong.

alphager
level3
level3

Postby alphager » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:02 pm

N0ught wrote:4 - People fucking swear. They fucking do it all the fucking time. Fucking deal with it. Defcon isn't fucking censored, and probably never fucking will be. Nobody can fucking offend you without your fucking permission. Fuck.

True. however, there is no excuse for using personal insults.
N0ught
level3
level3

Postby N0ught » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:17 pm

I ponder if we can somehow convert N0ught's rage into energy; he would have enough to power the forums server for a few months from just this topic alone

You have no idea. :twisted:

True. however, there is no excuse for using personal insults.

You know, you are absolutely right: there is no excuse. But few people attempt to excuse themselves when they are insulting your mother.

Your mother says hi, by the way. :lol:
wwarnick
level5
level5

Postby wwarnick » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:27 pm

I must admit, Nought is right about one thing. Though we all may feel like complaining once in a while, we know it won't change anything. It's a sad truth, but heck? What can we do about it?
N0ught
level3
level3

Postby N0ught » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:58 pm

Precisely.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:59 pm

wwarnick wrote:I must admit, Nought is right about one thing. Though we all may feel like complaining once in a while, we know it won't change anything. It's a sad truth, but heck? What can we do about it?

Complain. I'm sick and tired of people not taking my complaints to heart.
cleverivan
level1
level1

Postby cleverivan » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:51 am

Well said :lol:
unseen
level1
level1

Postby unseen » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:03 am

4 - People fucking swear. They fucking do it all the fucking time. Fucking deal with it. Defcon isn't fucking censored, and probably never fucking will be. Nobody can fucking offend you without your fucking permission. Fuck.

You sure you`re not originally from Scotland? I`ve never heard that many fucks in one sentence more than 30 miles from my current location :wink:

Return to “General”