Uplink 2 with gta3 kind of graphics

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

dagreen2
level1
level1

Postby dagreen2 » Tue Nov 26, 2002 3:24 pm

Imagine having to physically break into a highly guarded complex, kill of the guards (mgs style) then hack into their network (real uplink style)
hack me
CowInParachute
level1
level1

Postby CowInParachute » Tue Nov 26, 2002 3:42 pm

I am imagining it... and I'm not impressed. Maybe in a different type of game, it would be a hit. But not Uplink. It would completly ruin the point of Uplink. And, therefore, fun.
CowInParachute
Owner of the Most Grammatically Incorrect Name on the Forums.
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Tue Nov 26, 2002 4:25 pm

Would you take offence if I said thats the stupidest thing Ive heard all day?
Phydaux
level5
level5

Postby Phydaux » Tue Nov 26, 2002 4:38 pm

Quote: from dagreen2 on 2:24 pm on Nov. 26, 2002[br]Imagine having to physically break into a highly guarded complex, kill of the guards (mgs style) then hack into their network (real uplink style)

I mentioned something like this ages ago. It would be realy cool, "Mission Impossable" style, breaking into a company HQ to hack their mainframe, cos if it ain't connected to the net, then it can't be hacked and you'll need to go inside the building.
Obviously the game wont BE a different type of uplink, it'd be a new game altogether. This game would be good... but not as good as Halo *drools over his new Xbox*
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Tue Nov 26, 2002 5:08 pm

Traitor's Gate is something along those lines.  It is a little old and is not a great game, but it can be fun.  :)
goweb
level3
level3

Postby goweb » Tue Nov 26, 2002 8:03 pm

GTA3 graphics? That jaggy? No, you want some lush Doom III/Unreal 2/Halo 2 graphics! Or just keep as it is - it would be detrimental to gameplay to have it any other way (see Bonus Disc to see what I mean).
bionic sheep
level3
level3

Postby bionic sheep » Tue Nov 26, 2002 8:50 pm

Or travel forward in time about 15 million years and be just in time to grab the Black & White graphics . . .!
http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/pie.htm Mmmm . . . pie . . .  When come back, bring pie!
Bill2855
level1
level1

Postby Bill2855 » Tue Nov 26, 2002 9:47 pm

NEVER! Uplink must be Uplink! Must have the same style!  
You think your good?
So where you wanna run? Where you wanna hide? When they come for you?

Err0rB0Y4o4
level1
level1

Postby Err0rB0Y4o4 » Wed Nov 27, 2002 4:12 am

It'd be cool if.. (someone told me about this game but I dont remember the name)

You leave your phone number, pager, e-mail, ect. and they send you threats, clues and non-sense.

So ARC would phone you taped message saying somthing like "Keep working for them and you'll get hurt by the way you have pretty curtains" then hangs up and stuff, or a pager message with an unavaible number which is actully and IP.

It'd also be cool if you could call secretarys and try to scam them for passwords by phone or in the game, which would probably be alot easier..

This is probably pretty bogus for Introversion or lots of game companys but these are probably the only ways Uplink could swallow the rest of my life
-[ Take what you desire
goweb
level3
level3

Postby goweb » Wed Nov 27, 2002 10:52 am

Quote: from Err0rB0Y4o4 on 3:12 am on Nov. 27, 2002[br]It'd be cool if.. (someone told me about this game but I dont remember the name)

You leave your phone number, pager, e-mail, ect. and they send you threats, clues and non-sense.

So ARC would phone you taped message saying somthing like "Keep working for them and you'll get hurt by the way you have pretty curtains" then hangs up and stuff, or a pager message with an unavaible number which is actully and IP.

It'd also be cool if you could call secretarys and try to scam them for passwords by phone or in the game, which would probably be alot easier..

This is probably pretty bogus for Introversion or lots of game companys but these are probably the only ways Uplink could swallow the rest of my life
goweb
level3
level3

Postby goweb » Wed Nov 27, 2002 10:53 am

Quote: from Err0rB0Y4o4 on 3:12 am on Nov. 27, 2002[br]It'd be cool if.. (someone told me about this game but I dont remember the name)

Nokia Game does this, but it only lasts for 15 days every year. There was also a USA-only EA episodic game that did this, but it cost something like $9 a month.

(Edited by goweb at 9:54 am on Nov. 27, 2002)
Darkshine
level5
level5

Postby Darkshine » Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:21 am

Last edited by Darkshine on Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Wed Nov 27, 2002 2:21 pm

Lets see...rainbow six style for giving orders, uplink for hacking......gta3 for city size......could be fun....but would take away from the core of uplink...hacking. Nice idea though
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
merlin
level1
level1

Postby merlin » Wed Nov 27, 2002 4:14 pm

Could be like on the film 'hackers' (johnny lee miller, angelina jolie and mathew lillard) where at the end, they go round the city with laptops and hack into systems usin public phones. no need to delete logs, either.

add a bit of different style, ie, different computer shops for upgrades etc, and roberts your fathers brother.

i like the idea, but not sure if it would work well in practice.
·(¯`·._.·[·:MerLin:·]·._.·´¯)·
Eniyi
level1
level1

Postby Eniyi » Wed Nov 27, 2002 5:02 pm

Anything that involves a large cahnge in the gameplay would spoil all the fun of Uplink. People are familiar with the current gameplay style of Uplink and if it is completely renewed, not all these people will have the same fun they have while playing the current version.

Return to “General”