new school os

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

rubixkubix
level0

Postby rubixkubix » Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:16 pm

ok my school got a new os windows xp so Im trying to learn how it's all set up, We have almost noooo options lol No dos cant delete edit nothin, What you think I should try? Im sure there's dos but they just don't have it on my lvl of accesibillity
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:18 pm

Win XP doesnt have DOS at all. What exactly are you trying to do that you cant?
Punisher Bass
level5
level5

Postby Punisher Bass » Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:18 pm

Now what does this have to do with Uplink? Nothing!
There is no patch for human stupidity.
rubixkubix
level0

Postby rubixkubix » Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:20 pm

this is general so Im talkin generaly about anythin, oh it doesn't well I dont got win xp so i didnt know I just want to be able to do anything we can't evan fuckin right click!!!  Basicly I want the right to edit my stuff install what I want.
Punisher Bass
level5
level5

Postby Punisher Bass » Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:25 pm

"Anything and everything about Uplink ". Not anything you please.

There is no patch for human stupidity.
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:25 pm

Well, given that, i assume, your school network has been set up to prevent exactly that, I cant imagine you are going to have much luck getting anything like that. And even if you did, I imagine you would be in a whole heap of trouble when your networks admin checks whatever logs he might keep of network activity and finds out what you are doing.

In short, I wouldnt bother, its not like you have that much free time at school to make it worth doing anything like that.
Jackmn
level5
level5

Postby Jackmn » Thu Oct 10, 2002 4:08 pm

At the very least, can you get access to the disk-drive?
You could probably use an external program to rewrite some of XP's file access procedures (in memory).

Personally I don't know enough about XP to be able to help you.
flapjackboy
level2
level2

Postby flapjackboy » Thu Oct 10, 2002 4:15 pm

rubix........no. just no. shut the f*** up and goto some website that discusses that kinda stuff, not here ;).
RenTeR
level1
level1

Postby RenTeR » Thu Oct 10, 2002 4:19 pm

Well, I find this much, MUCH nicer reading than most of the subjects floating around here today. Go complain about them and leave him 'lone :P
"Don't get attached to me.
I find women depressing even under normal circumstances."
 -Nakatsu-sensei.
apeman
level0

Postby apeman » Thu Oct 10, 2002 4:28 pm

I don't Reckon your School administrator wants you to do that stuff. so if i were you i'd leave your programs on your home computer.
AWW that hurt.
ee21035217k
level2
level2

Postby ee21035217k » Thu Oct 10, 2002 5:33 pm

depends if you are on a real network or a botch school network.  what i recommend for the school network is getting to someone elses computer and preventing them from logging off (without them finding out).  then do and install what you like in their name.  if its uninstallshield that stopping you from installing anything then tough luck, you will either have to corrupt that program by using a hex editor on the harddrive to write gibberish over the area where it is stored (confusing and possible to fuck computer altogerther) or somehow use a computer an admin hasent logged off(almost no chance of this).  sorry but any program that would allow you to get around admin restrictions requires that you have admin privliges to install it in the first place(or have a very good undersstanding of the computer you are working on.  which i doubt you will have at this stage)  there is one other possible solutiion (but i got caught when i tried and the only reason i wasent suspended was because it was 2 days to the leaving cert) and that is a boot disk and a second operationg system.  this is garenteed trouble if caught though.  but if you are going to do it i reccommend winME (paper thin security)
oh and this dosent make you or me a hacker this is totally 'lil'punk' level stuff.  the only reason i dont consider it script kiddish is there are no programs involved and no-one told me how to do it. i just made it up as i went along(which is why i was caught)
oh and if you are going to get in real trouble FDISK the evidance and say you didnt mean to do it and you didnt really know what you were doing and the bad man on the internet made you do it.  this WILL get you beaten up when net access is revoked for entire school.  but hey at least you had fun right
Make haste for the parade is in but half an hour.
i morn the loss of my dear nipples, for she was a kitten most fair!
Rlaalen
level1
level1

Postby Rlaalen » Thu Oct 10, 2002 5:41 pm

you can open a dos shell in win xp, also if you cant delete anything its because your access is set to either guest, where you can only read files, or a limited acct, where you can do most things but not delete files.
RuBiX KuBiX
level1
level1

Postby RuBiX KuBiX » Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:20 pm

dude I cant right click!!! come on that's nazi crap!! And your right I dont know anything about xp I know 98 unix, So Im at home now and Im going to read up on everythin about xp
I dont wanna delete nothin really I mean that's fun some time's but sorta pointless and easy. Anyways I just want to get back to the stuff I always do when we go to the library or whatever, Get me DEVc++ compiler on there and study up on me programmin. Or play muds and install uplink at school lol only got the demo which took me foreverrrrrrrrr to get it to allow to be downloaded and ran.This time they went to far, I mean we walk into the library im ready to mess around as I ussualy do. And The logon screen is diff im like ah nuts they did somthing. So im waiting 10 minutes for it to logon my name lol boy what a great great os ehhh. It says Windows xp! or whatever im like ah son of a bitch! First I get my disk and try and install aim course doesnt work. Then I check if u get run course not, then i got to control panel, go through some files try and get in Administative settings of course it doesnt allow. Then see if there's dos which I soon found out there is no dos. Oh and why arnt you complaing about the other things peeps put like the troll thing and the stupied crap thing and the guild of time wasters?
think you have it the best in america why don't you take a good look you rich brainwashed fool!
     ~ZIONISM IS RACISM~
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:28 pm

What school is this? Some computers at our school (BETHS) are the same. A bitch to work around, but some things can be done even with that minor problem

(Edited by Mas Tnega at 8:29 pm on Oct. 10, 2002)
jordan
level4
level4

Postby jordan » Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:52 pm

at least your computers have disk drives.  My school has Imac 333 mhz, no disk drive, only way to get something on it is cd, which requires a cd burner, and it runs Mac 0S 6, which I have no clue how to use.  I have xp, everything you can do by right-clicking you can do some other way.  And at least ur school has mouses with 2 buttons.

Return to “General”