Mod idea - co-op mode

Discuss your new mods and themes here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Spacemonkey
level4
level4

Mod idea - co-op mode

Postby Spacemonkey » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:48 pm

Basically how it works is the territories over two continents will overlap, for example, the continents of north and south America will overlap, so those players will be able to place there units over both continents of America.

Have anyone tried this yet, what happens when a city gets hit, who loses the points, or does the game just crash?
Spacemonkey
level4
level4

Postby Spacemonkey » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:03 pm

any other ideas?
denzil
level2
level2

Postby denzil » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:04 pm

That error from overlapping territories over cities? I have them overlapping in sea in my map, no problems as of yet
JoshB
level1
level1

Postby JoshB » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:47 pm

You could just enable team switching in custom mode. It wouldn't work very well with human team vs. human team, but you could have human team co-op vs. cpu. When team switching is enabled, pressing the number keys 1,2,3,4,5,6 switches your control to the team in that slot. Example: Suppose Spacemonkey is in slot 1, I'm in slot 2, and CPU in 3-6. If I wanted to control units that you placed, I press 1 then do it, and vice-versa. CPU will not team switch.

You could also cheat and control the CPU. I tried this once alone with a cpu just to see what would happen. He started launching nukes at me, so I switched to the CPU slot and then clicked all the nukes to disarm. lol :shock: That's why human team vs human team wouldn't work very well.
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:27 am

Defcon crashes if too much sea is overlapping; I believe it has something to do with the file ai_markers.bmp, and the placement of ships. I discovered this after having the same problem with the 1984 mod.
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
Senso
level1
level1

Postby Senso » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:39 am

shinygerbil wrote:Defcon crashes if too much sea is overlapping; I believe it has something to do with the file ai_markers.bmp, and the placement of ships. I discovered this after having the same problem with the 1984 mod.

Wooo thanks, you just found out why my new map was crashing so much! :)

Return to “Mod Projects”