TNT
level0

Postby TNT » Thu Jul 18, 2002 5:04 am

Looks neat.
Niltrog
level1
level1

Postby Niltrog » Thu Jul 18, 2002 5:42 am

They say in their FAQ that they have someone translating for them because they don't speak English very well...  Hopefully that person does a good job. The game looks cool, but may be annoying to play if I have to sift through and decrypt some of their English.  *shrug*  Maybe it's just me.
Kraft
level0

Postby Kraft » Thu Jul 18, 2002 7:50 am

Been watching this from the sidelines and I have to say something (damn civil liberties). Some people say "screw" Uplink and get this when it comes out and others say "don't see, don't hear, don't speak." Introversion knew that Uplink was going to be unique and it is. They also knew that it would open a Pandora's Box including clones and warez. Meanwhile they are due support, respect, and the honor of being original then it should be ok to try something else. Humans like variety or else they get bored (and some already are bored of Uplink, go figure).
lord_nikon09
level1
level1

Postby lord_nikon09 » Thu Jul 18, 2002 5:51 pm

*BUMP*
Dexter_uplink
level2
level2

Postby Dexter_uplink » Thu Jul 18, 2002 9:41 pm

!!!! WOW !!!!
I just read the FAQ and Detailed game info!!!!
THIS GAME WILL FUCKING ROCK!!!!! OH MY!!!! (sorry for the swearing but there is no other word for it).
AND THE BETA WILL BE RELEASED IN A FEW DAYS!!!!!!
JUST LOOK AT ALL THE SCREENSHOTS (espectually the ones in detailed game info).... Sorry about the ALL CAPS too but I couldn't hold my screams.... When it will be out we will all play it online. We will help each other. THE WHOLE UPLINK COMMUNITY WILL ROCK!!!! Maybe Chris will play it too :) Althought he would better be working on Uplink Online. This game will keep us excited until Uplink Online is released :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
There is no knowledge that is not power.
Case Turner
level0

Postby Case Turner » Thu Jul 18, 2002 11:35 pm

Aren't we being just the tiniest bit disloyal, here? We're praising a game from a rival company on the forum of the makers of Uplink, one of the most amazing games I've played in a long time.  There was the gentleman (not) with the advice to f*ck Uplink. Now, I know if I get the chance, I probably will purchase this game.  But it really doesn't seem right to possibly take away Introversion Software's future business. Go ahead and flame me if you feel it necessary, but I for one don't agree with this.
neoboy
level1
level1

Postby neoboy » Thu Jul 18, 2002 11:55 pm

i think Hackr and Uplink is quite different, so its not a shame to talking about Hackr in this forum.
(im sure Chris and Intorversion dont worry about this...)

From another point of view: Uplink will be the Best "hacker" game all the times, and im sure Introversion will make Uplink Online much-much better than hackr or any other prog... Hackr is a different game but in the same "feeling" like Uplink, and the best place to talking about "Uplink-like" games is the uplink forum, ehhm?

last thing: im almost sure, the HHGames boys will be got a mail from a big publisher/developer company soon... and the Hackr will not free, and will be not finish at this summer:) Or they will run out of money before they can launch their online-services:( soo Hackr is too good to be true i think...

ps: maybe im too depressive?:)
lord_nikon09
level1
level1

Postby lord_nikon09 » Fri Jul 19, 2002 4:58 pm

I cannot wait untill hacker comes out! OMG! i will so pay the fee to get multiplayer acess - i wonder if HH games accepts donations? anyone with me?

*BUMP*
Hektik sniper
level5
level5

Postby Hektik sniper » Fri Jul 19, 2002 6:30 pm

i think that uplink and hackr are both gonna be good games but they are both different and i dont think iv have anything to worry about because they have such a big following already
British Army The Number 1 UK Soldat Clan
Winners of Storm and Destory CTF
neoboy
level1
level1

Postby neoboy » Fri Jul 19, 2002 7:08 pm

hehe, ive found a secret page on the HackR website,
(took me 40 minutes to finish this "secret mission") funny, u get a page with a "Did you know it?" section...
Doom_uplink
level1
level1

Postby Doom_uplink » Fri Jul 19, 2002 9:25 pm

Thats pretty cool.... whats the best game?
Anyone who can walk to the welfare office can walk to work. - Al Capp
Dark Hero
level0

Postby Dark Hero » Fri Jul 19, 2002 10:24 pm

That first Mission was alittle Easier then I expected... lol Tho, I did Enter Hackr as the password once or twice before I got a clue. lol Shame on me...
Doom_uplink
level1
level1

Postby Doom_uplink » Fri Jul 19, 2002 10:58 pm

hmm... a 300MB download. Their servers are going down.
KrYpTiC_uplink
level1
level1

Postby KrYpTiC_uplink » Fri Jul 19, 2002 11:23 pm

You got a copy of the game?  where?
"Ford, your turning in to a penguin.  Stop it."
Doom_uplink
level1
level1

Postby Doom_uplink » Fri Jul 19, 2002 11:33 pm

They tell how big the file is on the secret page. I wish I had a copy :)

Return to “General”