Ingenious Name

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

OmegaDryve
level1
level1

Postby OmegaDryve » Thu Jun 13, 2002 8:21 pm

I'm sure that we have all seen that one name who we thought 'Wowwwwww!!!! Where did they come up with that???'

Then there have been those names that look like their pet monkey was dancing on a keyboard and pressed enter.

I was just wondering if anyone felt the same way and what their favorite handles were

My favorite:
Icepick
Why: Polysilabic but simple

Least Favorite:
rubberhead2000
Why:Who does he think he is, a 'Cool Condom'???
Computers are a gateway, openening a new and exciting world to all they infect. They can solve quadratic equations before your retina's could read this page. But, with the wrong people, computers become a subsidiary of chaos. It is up to you, the computer
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Thu Jun 13, 2002 8:25 pm

I HATE is when people put 2000 or 2K or whatever at the end of their name... I mean WHY!!
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
MarcusHess2
level5
level5

Postby MarcusHess2 » Thu Jun 13, 2002 8:29 pm

My favourite: The GoldFish

Mad, simple, and capitalized in all the right places.

My least favourite(s):
Qazziy
jimmy cocks
Mr. Mcs

And...
MarcusHess2
All of these sigs have been created in part by me! yay!
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Thu Jun 13, 2002 8:34 pm

Ahhhh, Im so happy :) :) :) :) :)

And I dont even swim... or like fish...

My friends gave me that name, because I couldn't remeber anything for any time longer than about 4 seconds => GoldFish, and it stuck...

I think names given to you by people who know you are always better and longer lasting than ones you think up Yourself (this one is years old!)

I quite like MarcusHess2

Mad, simple, Capitalized in the right places, and a hint on Numeracy

(not really I just wanted to make you feel better... ;))
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
MarcusHess2
level5
level5

Postby MarcusHess2 » Thu Jun 13, 2002 8:40 pm

Nah, don't try, I like beating myself up. When I first entered secondary, I was, for some reason, nicknamed Francis. It didn't stick. My friend, however, was called Hugo, and I, as do others, still call him that. Weird.

The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Thu Jun 13, 2002 8:45 pm

Ha ha:
1) Vauxhall Vectra = machine of last century
2) Cars = better than Lenin

Anyway, probably cause Francis is a girly name... (so why didnt it stick..? ;)) Im pretty certain that there are particular sounds in names that mackes em more popular, like people normally call me by my sername, rather than my first...
Flamekebab
level5
level5

Postby Flamekebab » Thu Jun 13, 2002 8:46 pm

I hate it when people put symbols and numbers in their nicks especially when the numbers ar 2000 or their birth year. Someone I know came to my school and graffitied his desk with Aide87, thinking this was cool. We took the piss and told him he was sad, he took the hint.
Names like 078>_-_:^}_-ThE_-::-_ReApEr::>.
really annoy me!
I made up Flamekebab when I was choosing a nick to play Starcraft and I was thinking of Firebats...
n3o77
level3
level3

Postby n3o77 » Thu Jun 13, 2002 8:50 pm

yeah names with numbers in suck
:P
MarcusHess2
level5
level5

Postby MarcusHess2 » Thu Jun 13, 2002 8:52 pm

lol
I chose mine because Marcus Hess was a (famous?) hacker, and, since Uplink is a hacking game, I decided on that name. But, I decided to call myself the second Marcus Hess. Hence, MarcusHess2!

Luigi300
level5
level5

Postby Luigi300 » Thu Jun 13, 2002 9:03 pm

I wasn't trying to be offensive when I picked Luigi300, now I know that 30 is offensive.
Luigi for mod in 2006!
MarcusHess2
level5
level5

Postby MarcusHess2 » Thu Jun 13, 2002 9:03 pm

You missed an 0.

The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Thu Jun 13, 2002 9:08 pm

Err, it broke, but i was saying 300 aint offensive, but if it was there cause you though it made you name super groovy then we would laugh at you.
There is No Spoon
level3
level3

Postby There is No Spoon » Thu Jun 13, 2002 10:54 pm

I like Daedalus.  Simply because it's from Deus Ex, my all time favourite game (after Uplink of course).  Just like with Uplink I'm going mad waiting for the sequel.  I dont know if this name originated from somewhere else or began in Deus Ex.  Anyway, I don't really know why I like it so much but its the nic I use in games, Including Uplink.
<snip - signature removed - no reason provided>
Chad Mulligan
level2
level2

Postby Chad Mulligan » Thu Jun 13, 2002 11:03 pm

"Daedalus" goes back to Greek mythology -- t'was the name of the inventor (and architect of the Labyrinth, IIRC) who was imprisoned by Minos of Crete, and the father of Icarus who perished after the two escaped via flying with the help of wax wings.
"I tell you three times..."
There is No Spoon
level3
level3

Postby There is No Spoon » Thu Jun 13, 2002 11:09 pm

Quote: from Chad Mulligan on 10:03 am on June 14, 2002[br]"Daedalus" goes back to Greek mythology -- t'was the name of the inventor (and architect of the Labyrinth, IIRC) who was imprisoned by Minos of Crete, and the father of Icarus who perished after the two escaped via flying with the help of wax wings.

Whoa!  I had no idea.  Cheers, now I have a whole new level of respect for that name.
<snip - signature removed - no reason provided>

Return to “General”