Good or Evil

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

DJ_Velocity
level4
level4

Postby DJ_Velocity » Sun Mar 03, 2002 11:40 pm

What is the better side, ARC? or the creators of the Revelation virus?I think that ARC is that is why I emailed them the revelation virus, but what do you think.And I have never gone the oposite way of helping ARC, what happens if you do?

- Player20030
Death only comes to bad people so... when you see em, knee em in the balls and run like hell
Chad Mulligan
level2
level2

Postby Chad Mulligan » Sun Mar 03, 2002 11:54 pm

Think you've got it backwards -- it's ARC that created Revelation.

Depends on your definition of "better"...

Difficulty:
 Similar until last mission; pro-virus somewhat harder.  Pro-virus final mission MUCH harder if even possible, and it'll end your game if you succeed.

Interest:
 *shrug*  Both fairly similar.

Pay:
 Anti-virus pays considerably more.

Neuromancer:
 One intends to liberate humanity from the shackles of databases that evil h4xx0R5 play with at their leisure by destroying ALL of it.  The other seeks to maintain the status quo, as well as get revenge.  Neuromancer-wise, I'd have to say that pro-virus is more consistent with the "revolutionary" side, and anti-virus as "morally bankrupt".
"I tell you three times..."
DJ_Velocity
level4
level4

Postby DJ_Velocity » Mon Mar 04, 2002 1:27 am

thanx for the info.And yea, I did get it backwards, I guess since I wasnt looking at it, I couldnt remember, sorry.But yea, thanx for your opinion

- Player20030
Death only comes to bad people so... when you see em, knee em in the balls and run like hell
Ravenshadow
level2
level2

Postby Ravenshadow » Mon Mar 04, 2002 11:25 am

Its all personal preference really.
Although if you complete the game whilst playing for Arunmor, you can always then go back and complete the game whilst playing on ARC's side - I believe the latter is the harder side to be honest, although not sure myself.
~ They can not catch us all ...
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Mon Mar 04, 2002 12:46 pm

The thing about going the ARC way, is that it will end your game whever you succeed or not. Its good to do because its fun to follow the story line, but only if you are willing to lose whatever work you have done at the end of it.
Ravenshadow
level2
level2

Postby Ravenshadow » Mon Mar 04, 2002 1:25 pm

Yes... That is all very true. Kind of puts an end to the game when you destory the internet and all ;)
Rob2002
level1
level1

Postby Rob2002 » Mon Mar 04, 2002 7:21 pm

intresting
Ravenshadow
level2
level2

Postby Ravenshadow » Mon Mar 04, 2002 7:23 pm

Okay... If there is one thing that annoys me just as much as people asking the same question over and over and over (repete as many times as you time) again is the people who post to a thread with just one word...

Rob, again, STOP SPAMMING FOR RANKING!

Return to “General”