I WANT THE FULL VERISON :) BUT NEED HELP

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Jabberwocky
level3
level3

Postby Jabberwocky » Wed Feb 13, 2002 1:01 am

Flaw in your argument- "If I do it they wont be hurt"

If everyone did it the company would go away. If 2 people out of 10 buy the game and the rest warez it, the company will not make enough revanue to contiue and will die.
There is always free cheese in a mousetrap.
Anarchist
level1
level1

Postby Anarchist » Wed Feb 13, 2002 1:05 am

I'm saying that not ALL piracy hurts the company. I realize that some people who download games for free WOULD buy them if the warez version were not available. But most piracy, especially when it comes to the big companies, really causes a lot less damage than the companies claim it does. (There is no way of measuring how much damage piracy did to your sales. They're coming up with bogus - and grossly inflated - numbers.)
Government, even in its best form, is still but a neccessery evil; in its worst, an intolerable one.
Wesmantx
level0

Postby Wesmantx » Wed Feb 13, 2002 2:09 am

The full game is on Kazaa... But who ever put it there (luckaly) was not smart enough to put the Instal shield in too... The game is safe... There are 5 diffrent copies... I also found alot of real hacking utilities... Some have viruses... Don't touch'em unless you have AVG or Mc Afee... The demo is cool so far and i plan to buy the game soon... I do have the money... So I'll just have to wait a week or two... The forum seems interesting enough so I'll stick here a while...

I am the angel of death...
i draw in a breath...
Letting fly from the barol...
The barol of death...

The bolt drawn back...
A caseing flies...
And far away...
Some-body dies...

The bolt comes forward...
Good to go...
I am a sniper...
I wreap what I sew...
guest 725
level0

Postby guest 725 » Wed Feb 13, 2002 2:57 am

u lot are twats, i mean, u all go on about this dumb-ass who wants a copy of the full game for free,
but what is the main point of the game,copy delete and generaly fuck up some one pc, in one word "hacking"
what does that say about u load of fuck-wits.

i admit the game is really good and i learned a lot about hacking from the info in the help files, also if anyone wants to actually try hacking goto:
www.try2hack.nl/level1.html
Solace
level0

Postby Solace » Wed Feb 13, 2002 4:55 am

That website is kinda old isn't it.  I mean, that really isn't hacking so much as knowing javascripts and software compilers.  It's not like dialing into another system or social engineer your way passed some low level employee of a company to get access to some top level software.

This isn't meant so much as a flame as it is a question...you call try2hack.com a place to actually try hacking?  I could of course look the fool and be confusing that site with one of the dozens others out there that "test" you by levels of trying to hack past security features but most of those sites, which btw are known as "Hacker Games" or "Wargames", are normally just sites using java passwords that you need to get through.

There is one I heard about that lets you actually access a box and try to hold onto the ownership.  That one sounds really fun and if that is try2hack.com then I'm sorry I was confused, but when 9 out of 10 so called hacking tests turn out to be nothing more then java password sites you tend to shy away from them.

-Solace
*I don't hack computers, I just like testing security features*
Chad Mulligan
level2
level2

Postby Chad Mulligan » Wed Feb 13, 2002 5:28 am

There's a pretty big difference between a "hacking" game -- and it's Hollywood-style hacking, mind you -- and being a bonehead and trying to "hack" in reality.  Off-hand, I'm pretty sure that despite the violence of some of the games I've played, I haven't left a trail of missing corpses in my wake.  *shrug*
"I tell you three times..."
DJ_Velocity
level4
level4

Postby DJ_Velocity » Wed Feb 20, 2002 4:18 pm

Man, I never quit seeing these posts.But I agree with all the people on the forum, who say, just buy it.I did, and look at me.I luv the game.If you REALLY cant afford it (I doubt it) then just wait till you get some money for your birthday or somthing.I mean, if you can afford to live everyday, then surely if you want the game, you can go without food for a while to get it

- Player20030
Death only comes to bad people so... when you see em, knee em in the balls and run like hell
PsychoBob
level2
level2

Postby PsychoBob » Wed Feb 20, 2002 11:17 pm

You wanna know if you can hack? go to your computer and turn it on. Now get your laptop (you don't have a laptop.. too bad, i need to do that to limit resources) and then hook it up to the other PC through the internet. Noww try to access the other PC. Your other PC may have to be hosting a website to make it easier and more realistic, but try to gain access to it. Once you can do that in one minute, then you can make the website have a firewall. Even something stupid like HakAtak should do to teach you. Then work your way up. Once you can bypass the newest version of Norton, then you can try small independantly hosted websites online.   I don't advise it though. I learned through hours of study in programming and security (surprisingly, looking at the software's documentation can help a lot. Anti-hacker books help too, 'cause they tell you what not to do.) Now, this doesn't mean, try to hack your PC. Once you do it, go try and hacke the Social Security Databese or something. First of all, the SSD is not on a read/write basis with the net. You need to be there to change it. Second, you can't deal with the punishments (I'm sure). Third, you don't have a chance. They employ the hackers they catch  to secure them. They catch amazingly good hackers. Have fun :biggrin:
Harassmentation without Representation
Gideon
level0

Postby Gideon » Thu Feb 21, 2002 4:37 am

You don’t think that exploiting any open or unsecured resource is “hacking”? I think that default passwords, open ports, poorly done firewalls/proxies, bogus certs, promiscuous NICs, packet cap & decode, asking for passwords, Trojan w/heuristic change, and the ever loved wireless NIC, ect all would qualify as hacking..
Everything in excess. To enjoy the flavor of life take big bites. Moderation is for Monks.
                                    -L.L.
Razor1911
level0

Postby Razor1911 » Fri Feb 22, 2002 11:04 pm

Why don't you try kazaa.com you fool!
Jesse_uplink
level0

Postby Jesse_uplink » Sat Feb 23, 2002 1:33 am

I just downloaded the full version.....you can get it off Morheus or Kazaa
PsychoBob
level2
level2

Postby PsychoBob » Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:13 am

Jesse better run.. If I find him/her... and I will... I will shove a flaming stick up his/her ass...
Harassmentation without Representation
Daedalus0101101
level1
level1

Postby Daedalus0101101 » Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:19 am

Good for you.  The people that actually baught the game, good for you, the other people who got it for free,  well you just shorted the company $25.  They could have used that money to make a patch for the people who actually baught Uplink legitamently( can't spell).    
:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:
shitheadhacker
level0

Postby shitheadhacker » Sat Feb 23, 2002 9:08 am

Ya, where can i get the program decker ( its a hacking program)
remember this....ur ugly...
and u smell really bad...
but... its just ... a game!
2quick
level0

Postby 2quick » Sat Feb 23, 2002 9:20 am

Hell.....Arious.... This msg. has been posted for less than an hour and already has 58 posts.

I agree with Xynobis
What you're doing is like, say, walking into the Sony Store, taking a look at some top-end entertainment system, and then asking the manager if he knows a simple way to sneak it out of the store.

You shouldn't go to an Intorversion post hosted by the makers and start asking where you can get a pirated version.  Now I'm not going to say it's wrong to go to some place like KaZaA and look for it.  I'm sure about 90% cannot, we have all found a warez for something or another because the program was insanely priced. Or.. we'd all be hypocrits (is that how you spell that? )
Any ways...

In this case the product isn't so fork over the 25 and help a company out. Not to mention the enjoyment you will get out of the game!

Return to “General”