Best Hacking Film?

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Kerbox
level0

Postby Kerbox » Wed Feb 13, 2002 11:35 pm

I think they did some research in the Hacker movie. But if Im not mistaken, they found all the passwords in the dumpster, and some that the black dude remembered. I think hackers is enjoyable to watch, but it isn't great. I liked Masterminds and Wargames.
Computers can figure out all kinds of problems, except the things in the world that just don't add up.
memphis
level0

Postby memphis » Thu Feb 14, 2002 12:34 am

MaTRiX is the best hacking movie......that is the ultimate hack....to hack into the biggest mainframe ever.....what an achieve ment!
Memphis
PsychoBob
level2
level2

Postby PsychoBob » Fri Feb 22, 2002 5:53 am

Anti-trust is the best, my frieds, Anti-trust...
Harassmentation without Representation
Jabberwocky
level3
level3

Postby Jabberwocky » Fri Feb 22, 2002 7:15 am

Dear compassionate creator... no... please... take Matrix out of this thread.

Right.
The.
Hell.
Now.
There is always free cheese in a mousetrap.
Agent E
level0

Postby Agent E » Fri Feb 22, 2002 9:49 am

WTF? The best hacking movie is the matrix man. C'mon they are in the future and they are hacking into the machine that is enslaving humanity using them as batteries. Of course its not gonna be the same as it is now because its the future. C'mon think about it Guns+Kung Fu+Hacking=Awesome movie on and dont forget Trinity she fuckign rocked :D
Nothing is unhackable!
DaFerret
level1
level1

Postby DaFerret » Fri Feb 22, 2002 9:57 am

Firstly... I loved the Matrix. It had a concept I thought to be quite entertaining and enjoyable. Others may and will disagree but so what. We all enjoy different movies. I just happen to have a better taste in movies... that's all. JUST KIDDING... :D

Now, Matrix had elements of hacking... but isn't a hacking movie. Levelled up to others like Wargames, Anti-trust, Hackers, etc. the Matrix pretty blows when it comes to hacking. The movie WAS techno-savvy in terms of technology and what they did (the world being a virtual reality sim and blah blah blah). To me, it was more fighting, save the world and all humanity, and more fighting. Matrix would be considered a Cyberpunk movie granted, but not a hacking movie. It's like saying that the Thirteenth Floor was a hacking movie, which it wasn't. Best recent hacking film, to me, would then shift down to Anti-Trust (but I still think it could have been much better).

Now disagree if you will, but that's kewl since we all got opinions. Mine has been shared and have thus bared all to the world of ravens for the taking.

Oh... and yes... Trinity rocks... in tight... shiny... leather... mmmmm.....
DaFerret
"Sometimes you feel like a nut..."
Reverb
level1
level1

Postby Reverb » Fri Feb 22, 2002 2:53 pm

there wasn't much hacking in Anti-Trust, you know.

I still say Sneakers is the best hacking film of all time, if you haven't seen it, get it out on video and watch it!
snumpy
level1
level1

Postby snumpy » Fri Feb 22, 2002 6:12 pm

my vote goes with the Matrix and Wargames...
of course, those are the only two movies I've seen that any of you have mentioned (and I saw Wargames early this week to get the pw for protovision server)
After him was Shamgar, son of Anath, who killed 600 of the Philistines with an oxgoad; he too delivered Isreal.  - Judges 3:31
Big Gerbil
level0

Postby Big Gerbil » Fri Feb 22, 2002 6:49 pm

Add  my vote to The Matrix. Quality movie, although I will admit it wasn't the hacking that made me love it...
My life was meaningless till I bought a prosthetic burger limb! Buy yours today! Only $19.95 at your not-so-local store
DaFerret
level1
level1

Postby DaFerret » Fri Feb 22, 2002 7:52 pm

Reverb: Yeah, true... but it came much closer to hacking than Matrix and they're the most recent (that I know of).

Stupid question because I know it sucked but... what about The Net? :P
DaFerret
"Sometimes you feel like a nut..."
Jabberwocky
level3
level3

Postby Jabberwocky » Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:42 pm

I hate the Matrix.
There is always free cheese in a mousetrap.
Chaser
level1
level1

Postby Chaser » Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:46 pm

I loved it!
If you mess with the best you die like the rest.
Chaser
santarulz
level0

Postby santarulz » Sat Feb 23, 2002 8:08 am

I know!

TERMINATOR 2: Last Judgement

kid hacks ATM hehe. (this is not my fav movie!!)
GregC
level0

Postby GregC » Sat Feb 23, 2002 10:37 pm

Was sneekers the one with the de-encryption program in a dead maths geniuses answer phone cause I loved the film
PsychoBob
level2
level2

Postby PsychoBob » Sat Feb 23, 2002 10:50 pm

uhhhhhhhhhhhh.. dude, the Matrix isn't a hacking film...... sorry, I watched it again and it's not... They aren't hacking....... It's more of a "Your Government, Your God" takedown movie. Not any real hacking...
Harassmentation without Representation

Return to “General”