hacking a bank

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

AntiSocial
level0

Postby AntiSocial » Thu Nov 01, 2001 12:37 am

hey guys, i'm trying to hack a bank, but i keep getting caught.  Here's what i do, and can you guys tell me if i'm doing it wrong/right.  First i make an account on there server, then i logout, bounce off like 15 servers and into there server.  I run the monitor bypass and use a proxy disable and there both good.  So i get in to the admin settings and i write down all the accounts, delete the logs of me logging in, and log out.  I got through all the accoutns to find the best one, but in this case i transfered all the money into one account, then into my account in there server.  I delete all the logs of me transfering and receiving the money.  Then from there i transfer it into my uplink bank.  Delete the logs of the first bounce i use to get itno there servers.  And then like a day i get caught.  what's up with it?>
Janus_uplink
level1
level1

Postby Janus_uplink » Thu Nov 01, 2001 12:45 am

Don't ever give them your actual IP. bounce to EVERYTHING.
ph34r.
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Thu Nov 01, 2001 12:56 am

or you could always NOT hack the bank, and earn your money (as crazy as that may sound)
RedStar
level0

Postby RedStar » Thu Nov 01, 2001 2:29 am

...or you could try using the seach button to find the several dozen times this question has already been answered...
iNFERNaL
level0

Postby iNFERNaL » Thu Nov 01, 2001 3:16 am

1) always route trough lots of sites.. the more the merrier and the longer it will take them to trace u..

2) i usually have internic as 1st bounce point and the Test machine one of the last bounce points..  after hacking the bank i delete the logs from both

3) make sure u are deleting the logs from the BANK TRANSFERS! - both the source account and ur account

another thing is it would be easier if u did one of those "transfered cash trace" missions where u will hack into a account with lots of cash... just transfer the cash from there to ur own account
deejayc
level0

Postby deejayc » Thu Nov 01, 2001 5:23 am

I managed to steal a massive 1,000,000 from a bank after I found an account during a mission with a huge balance.  This is what I did:

Firstly make sure you have Connection Analysis and Proxy Bypass v6.0 - you cannot do this without these two pieces of software.

Login to the bank the account you plan to lighten/empty is held at. Create an account...doesn't matter what, just create an account.  Take note of the IP (top of uplink) and the account number of the account.  Now logout and login to the account you plan to lighten/empty.

Go to transfer money and enter the details.  It seems that the more you try to steal the harder it is.  I had no probs stealing 50,000 , but when I ripped off the 1,000,000 the first time i tried I got caught within seconds. And unless you have gateway protection, thats end of the game for you.

Allow the transfer to complete.  Do not panic yet. Everything you have done so far has been legitimate.  Leave the transfer page and enter the View Statement option, now....prepare yourself, things will now happen very quickly.  Use Log Deleter 4.0 (well advised) to delete the statement entry for your transfer, then within the same trace, logout of that account and log in to the first account you created.  Go to View Statement, delete the statement entry.  Now, disconnect.

These few seconds are vital.  I always route all my connections through InterNIC then Uplink Test Server first, so if you do the same or simular, connect to the second server in your bounce string and delete ALL the entries in the log on that server (ALL, even if out of date).  Now, logon to your first bounce server and do the same.

Ok, so technically, you've done it.  But to be absolutely certain, you must now login to the bank account that you transferred the money to (have your account dets to hand) and transfer the whole amount to your account.  Now, do the same as above, delete the statement entry, disconnect and destroy any possibility of trace.

Now, login to your personal account and again destroy the statement entry, again destroy possibility of trace.

Now and only now, do you own the money :)  Once you've got away with it; you can be sure by receiving a mail from Uplink telling you your status has risen to Professional (all the jobs become available).  Be warned though: during this entire hack you have mere seconds to remove your log history from the servers.  I got caught the very first time I did it and for god's sake don't be greedy, it appears that the more you try to steal the quicker you have to be....

Good luck ;)
Chris "deejayc" Laythorpe
Project Leader
The Hitman Edit4o7 Project
JackJohnson
level0

Postby JackJohnson » Thu Nov 01, 2001 6:03 am

you can steal money poor boy style with just a proxy disable / voice recorder / decypher 3.. you have to get admin to 5 servers- route through internic 1st hop then last 5 hops should be compromised servs (like the uplink test serv - academic servers another good one to hit up).. get admin and steal account numbers / passwords from the bank.. erase your log(s) from internic and then go back and open an account in the bank.. check out all the accounts you stole and get a big one- least enough to buy you the best bypassers for the next time.. set up the transfer to your pirate account and start the proxy disable.. having 5 servers with admin in your hops should give you just enough time to transfer the money and delete the statements- disconnect.. go to internic and erase the log. Don't transfer money from the account- just use it to buy hardware and software strait out the account..

(Edited by JackJohnson at 9:05 pm on Oct. 31, 2001)
you fucking fat piece of shit
Troma
level1
level1

Postby Troma » Thu Nov 01, 2001 4:19 pm

Hacking a bank is too easy, and you can buy a uber-elite gateway and all the software on a couple of runs, no fun really after that.
Cheshyr
level1
level1

Postby Cheshyr » Thu Nov 01, 2001 7:20 pm

You guys are making bank hacks too difficult.  They're the only ones that even give me a mild rush anymore, because all the others are so easy.  Here's my procedure.  It's not the end-all, but I haven't gotten caught with this one yet.  I'm making the assumptoin that you already know the account you want to hack.  If you are LOOKing for an account to steal from, then you'll need to do your research before doing this.

Proxy Bypass, Monitor Bypass, both v5.0, Log deleter v4.0

Bounce through Uplink test server, then 3 or 4 other servers..  save your bounce path before selecting teh bank you want to hack.  Also, don't use Uplink Bank as one of your bounce servers... if you do this right, they won't even start a trace on you.

Load your bounce path, and connect to the bank you're going to hack.  Load Monitor Bypass, then Proxy Bypass..  then password crack the account you are going to steal from.  Go to transfer funds, and transfer t your account at Uplink.  

As soon as you hit 'Transfer' you have to move really friggin fast. (I'd assume.  I haven't been caught this way yet)

Go to the Account Statement, and use Log Deleter v4.0 to delete record of the transfer.  If you see a transfer in for some really big amount, delete that too..  now the money never existed here.

Disconnect, go to the World Map, and loa your bounce path again.  Connect to the Uplink Bank this time.

Log into your account, load the Monitor Bypass, then the Proxy Bypass.  Go to your Account Statement, and delete record of the incoming cash.  Disconnect.

Go to the World Map again, and bounce through a couplerandom servers, then into the Uplink Test server.  Log in, and delete the logs of your bouncing, plus any logs of you accessing the Admin account.  Leave the log stating that you connected just now.  When you disconnect, it leaves a log.. and if I see a disconnect without a connect, then I get suspicious.  That's when I'd break out the Log Undeleter, and track your ass down.

Anyway, disconnect, and wait a day..  then go spend your cash.

Simple, quick.. no messy multiple bank account transfers.. and it works.. I've stolen millions and milions this way.

Good luck.
Troma
level1
level1

Postby Troma » Thu Nov 01, 2001 7:22 pm

There are two successful methods on one of the fan sites.
JackJohnson
level0

Postby JackJohnson » Thu Nov 01, 2001 7:26 pm

Chesh your an idiot.. That's how most of these morons break the bank. The way I posted can be done with just a proxy disable giving you money early you beaverface faggot
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Thu Nov 01, 2001 7:32 pm

for gods sake get a life you homophobic racist prick
Troma
level1
level1

Postby Troma » Thu Nov 01, 2001 7:44 pm

flame a flamer? tring to start a war here?
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Thu Nov 01, 2001 7:50 pm

he obvisouly suffers from mental problems
JackJohnson
level0

Postby JackJohnson » Thu Nov 01, 2001 8:10 pm

homophobic.. yeah I knew it! your gay huh Ice lol gay as your dads pink dress he wears to sell his arab asshole

Return to “General”