Frozen Synapse

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:19 pm

(I had no reason not to upload this, might as well! I also think everyone should do this.)

So, I won! You people seriously need to stop bidding so high...
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:02 pm

I bid exactly two bars ahead of 50% (you can probably work out where, our map is the same). It was far enough not give Jordy an absurdly easy charge, but too far to reach.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:30 pm

What you seem to be forgetting is that by "blocking" the other guy, you're actually just dooming yourself.

Jordy, could you post a screenshot of the tournament perhaps? No one else can access it, and I'm currently not sure how my next match is supposed to start.

Frozen Synapse has some very broken menus, but at least the game itself works flawlessly. (see: Plain Sight)
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:23 pm

I didn't forget. I just remembered that there's no fucking way I'd win on defence. Because I'm crap.
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:33 pm

Congratulations NeatNit!

Also, could we have another one, but with hostages or something?
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:33 pm

I lose, I guess. It didn't go at all well until Turn 5 when I desperately rushed for the goal and one of them didn't die. Too little, too late by then.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:56 pm

Who the crap is Blainn?! He's totally kicking my ass, can he be removed? :P

Seriously though, I thought this tournament is supposed to be introversion only. I don't really want to play if we're playing against strangers.
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:20 pm

NeatNit wrote:Who the crap is Blainn?! He's totally kicking my ass, can he be removed? :P

Seriously though, I thought this tournament is supposed to be introversion only. I don't really want to play if we're playing against strangers.

Wait...it's still going? I thought that was the final :?
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:33 pm

Blainn is my second match... (and for the record, this game didn't start until some time after I won against tabasco)
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:49 pm

Dammit...I suppose I'm out of the tournament.

*hangs head in shame*

Damn Charge.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:56 pm

NeatNit wrote:Who the crap is Blainn?! He's totally kicking my ass, can he be removed? :P
That would be Jordy...
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:02 pm

Well, when the game tells me that on the fifth turn there would be BOXES then I expect BOXES to appear. Not some weird red zones. I've just yesterday learned about this, and used it in a previous turn in this game - I just assumed that the red zones were jordy trying to mess with them in a weird way or something. And also I didn't notice which turn it was, which was my fault but.... WHAT'S WITH ALL THE WEIRD GAMEMODES ANYWAY?!. Add that to completely unfair and seemingly biased fighting results from the first few turns, and I don't really consider this game fair.
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:10 pm

NeatNit wrote:WHAT'S WITH ALL THE WEIRD GAMEMODES ANYWAY?!. Add that to completely unfair and seemingly biased fighting results from the first few turns, and I don't really consider this game fair.

Charge is garbage Charge is garbage Charge is garbage Charge is garbage Charge is garbage Charge is garbage Charge is garbage Charge is garbage Charge is garbage Charge is garbage Charge is garbage Charge is garbage Charge is garbage Jordy why Jordy why Jordy why Jordy why Jordy why Jordy why Jordy why Jordy why Jordy why Jordy why Jordy why Jordy why Jordy why Jordy why

No, the game isn't exactly fair; you have random units and obstacles. But that's part of the charm (maybe?).
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:37 am

Alright NN if you gonna be butthurt about this I'll re-challenge you. i never pass up a chance to completely wreck you TWICE!

Also Disputes Light is the favorite mode of the developer and probably the best. CHARGE IS ALSO AWESOME!!!!!! Seriously, Hostage is broken, Secure is pretty lame and can easily be broken, and let's just not talk about extermination, it's boring crap after all...

Learn to Play or GTFO! :p
Cuz fuck logic
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:05 am

Jordy... wrote:[blasphemous garbage]

HOSTAGE IS WHERE IT'S AT

True, extermination is pretty boring. But Dark Hostage is really tense and feels somewhat realistic; you have an understandable, real-world objective.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”