What does inhaling an e cigarette taste like?

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.

If you wanted to give up smoking would you use pure willpower or take a little help?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:27 am

Pure willpower
2
100%
I'd need something to help
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 2
User avatar
paktsardines
level5
level5
Posts: 1752
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am
Location: Australia

Postby paktsardines » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:00 pm

To be fair, it's their first post. Not sure why anyone's mother needs to be harmed though...
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:42 pm

I'm calling it now: stealth spam!

xander
Deepsmeg
level5
level5
Posts: 6508
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:26 pm
Location: Register 2102
Contact:

Postby Deepsmeg » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:19 pm

The worst kind!
Image
User avatar
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5
Posts: 4795
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:11 pm
Location: Cologne
Contact:

Postby bert_the_turtle » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:23 pm

Probably, though it's not the usual copy-pasta, those get deleted right away. I have a bookmark watchlist for suspiciously generic first posts, this one is on it. Most of them forget to add the actual spam (or were real one post wonder users).
User avatar
Colytic
level4
level4
Posts: 826
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:24 pm
Location: Somewhere outside London

Postby Colytic » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:05 pm

Shame on you all! It's just someone with poor English skills that signed up to help a fellow human being in need...

This idea gaining any traction?
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:11 pm

Colytic wrote:This idea gaining any traction?

I don't know. Does an empty pickup truck with rear-wheel drive and bald tires on an icy road get any traction?

xander
Steamlite
level0
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:26 pm

Postby Steamlite » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:49 am

Yes, I have read many article and content on E Cigarette all say same thing that it is not harm you. In one of the article i have read USA allow E Cigarette in public place. That also show it is not harm full.

<snip>
Last edited by Steamlite on Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sildaekar
level2
level2
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: United States
Contact:

Postby Sildaekar » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:23 am

Steamlite wrote:Yes, I have read many article and content on E Cigarette all say same thing that it is not harm you. In one of the article i have read USA allow E Cigarette in public place. That also show it is not harm full.


Actually yes they are harmful, the nicotine in the e-cig is still a poison, also they have the capabilities to be even more harmful then normal cigarettes since they do not contain tobacco they cannot be regulated by the FDA.


EDIT:

Because they contain no tobacco, e-cigarettes aren't subject to U.S. tobacco laws, which means they can be purchased without proof of age, especially online. This raises concerns that e-cigs may be particularly appealing to kids and may encourage nicotine addiction among young people. And while manufacturers of the e-cigarette claim that it's the cigarette you can "smoke" anywhere, regulatory agencies around the world are taking a close look at these gadgets and instituting a range of restrictions on their use.

Source
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:02 pm

Sildaekar wrote:...they cannot be regulated by the FDA.

That is a loophole that is likely to be closed in the next couple of years. In fact, that seems to be the ultimate conclusion of the bit that you quoted.

xander
User avatar
Colytic
level4
level4
Posts: 826
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:24 pm
Location: Somewhere outside London

Postby Colytic » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:12 pm

Haha, I am victorious xander!
Sildaekar
level2
level2
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: United States
Contact:

Postby Sildaekar » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:37 pm

xander wrote:
Sildaekar wrote:...they cannot be regulated by the FDA.

That is a loophole that is likely to be closed in the next couple of years. In fact, that seems to be the ultimate conclusion of the bit that you quoted.

xander



While e-cigarettes don't produce secondhand smoke, they do produce secondhand vapor. And even though manufacturers say that it's merely water vapor and therefore harmless, regulatory agencies and health experts contend that e-cigarette makers haven't conducted the research needed to prove this. Some individuals, particularly those with health conditions that make them sensitive, have reported that the vapor is irritating to their eyes, noses and throats, and that it affects their breathing and makes them nauseous. Opponents of e-cigarettes say people shouldn't be subjected to secondhand vapor until manufacturers have proven it to be safe for everyone, including children, the elderly and people with certain medical conditions.


Same source


...better?
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:43 pm

Sildaekar wrote:
xander wrote:
Sildaekar wrote:...they cannot be regulated by the FDA.

That is a loophole that is likely to be closed in the next couple of years. In fact, that seems to be the ultimate conclusion of the bit that you quoted.

xander



While e-cigarettes don't produce secondhand smoke, they do produce secondhand vapor. And even though manufacturers say that it's merely water vapor and therefore harmless, regulatory agencies and health experts contend that e-cigarette makers haven't conducted the research needed to prove this. Some individuals, particularly those with health conditions that make them sensitive, have reported that the vapor is irritating to their eyes, noses and throats, and that it affects their breathing and makes them nauseous. Opponents of e-cigarettes say people shouldn't be subjected to secondhand vapor until manufacturers have proven it to be safe for everyone, including children, the elderly and people with certain medical conditions.


Same source


...better?

Seems to say the same thing... "Electronic cigarettes are new, and regulatory agencies haven't yet figured out how to deal with them, but they are trying, and will get there eventually." As with all new things, it takes a while for the law to catch up. Give it some time, and it is likely that the regulatory framework will eventually come into place.

xander
Sildaekar
level2
level2
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: United States
Contact:

Postby Sildaekar » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:59 pm

xander wrote:
Sildaekar wrote:
xander wrote:
Sildaekar wrote:...they cannot be regulated by the FDA.

That is a loophole that is likely to be closed in the next couple of years. In fact, that seems to be the ultimate conclusion of the bit that you quoted.

xander



While e-cigarettes don't produce secondhand smoke, they do produce secondhand vapor. And even though manufacturers say that it's merely water vapor and therefore harmless, regulatory agencies and health experts contend that e-cigarette makers haven't conducted the research needed to prove this. Some individuals, particularly those with health conditions that make them sensitive, have reported that the vapor is irritating to their eyes, noses and throats, and that it affects their breathing and makes them nauseous. Opponents of e-cigarettes say people shouldn't be subjected to secondhand vapor until manufacturers have proven it to be safe for everyone, including children, the elderly and people with certain medical conditions.


Same source


...better?

Seems to say the same thing... "Electronic cigarettes are new, and regulatory agencies haven't yet figured out how to deal with them, but they are trying, and will get there eventually." As with all new things, it takes a while for the law to catch up. Give it some time, and it is likely that the regulatory framework will eventually come into place.

xander


Well in my defense I was just quoting something that I found from a quick search :oops: But my main reason is due to the nicotine in them they are still just as addictive (unless you get the ones without it).
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:12 pm

Sildaekar wrote:Well in my defense I was just quoting something that I found from a quick search :oops: But my main reason is due to the nicotine in them they are still just as addictive (unless you get the ones without it).

Have I contradicted that statement at any time?

xander
Sildaekar
level2
level2
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: United States
Contact:

Postby Sildaekar » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:31 pm

Not once

Return to “Introversion Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests