Let's go.........RANDOM!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Ghost Division
level2
level2

Postby Ghost Division » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:57 am

Yeah, i know the song too, Sabaton is a great band, and yes without "xander" Ace is lying :)
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:22 am

i went to see django unchained yesterday. It was good but not great. The climax was rather over the top violent (which is to be expected if you go to see a tarantino film) and it took a bit to long to wrap up after climax and kind of lost it's pacing there.
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:10 pm

Sounds kind of like going to see my girlfriend.

Thank you... thank you ... here all night...

*exits stage left*
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:42 pm

Saw the movie Lincoln last night, excellent, excellent film.
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:50 pm

Feud wrote:Saw the movie Lincoln last night, excellent, excellent film.

Watching clips I can't get Lincoln from Bill and Ted out of my head :?
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:32 pm

There's a bit in the trailer where he looks so much like Ben Stiller that for ages I actually thought it was Ben Stiller.
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:24 pm

Beautiful, awesome America...possibly my fave place on Earth...

[youtube]7QLVMwyxU_Q&list=UUwkUF9h5au_mbn0gXK3n8kg&index=1[/youtube]
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:08 pm

ynbniar wrote:Beautiful, awesome America...possibly my fave place on Earth...

[youtube]7QLVMwyxU_Q&list=UUwkUF9h5au_mbn0gXK3n8kg&index=1[/youtube]
It's amazing how the most beautiful and exciting things in the world become the most boring when they are captured on video.

But yeah, that place looks breathtaking. Can you really see the stars at night?
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:14 pm

NeatNit wrote:It's amazing how the most beautiful and exciting things in the world become the most boring when they are captured on video.

You're spot on actually...photos (notwithstanding the odd Ansel Adams) and videos don't do Yosemite justice but this particular video is one of the best I've seen.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:53 pm

ynbniar wrote:
NeatNit wrote:It's amazing how the most beautiful and exciting things in the world become the most boring when they are captured on video.

You're spot on actually...photos (notwithstanding the odd Ansel Adams) and videos don't do Yosemite justice but this particular video is one of the best I've seen.
I was talking more about the fact that they can't ever capture what you'll actually feel when you're standing there. Not to mention the fact that when you're there, you just want to stay put for a minute, sometimes I honestly just want to stay in one place an hour or more, and just be amazed at the scenery. In the videos they pretty much have to cram as much as they can in there, add a lot of pointless talking and different people... I would have much preferred a still image.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:06 am

NeatNit wrote:But yeah, that place looks breathtaking. Can you really see the stars at night?

Can you not there?

I remember countless camp outs in the mountains growing up and since I've been an adult, the stars and moon so bright you can read by them, or no moon and a million specks of light above, silent and vast.

If you are being serious, huh. I guess maybe I took them for granted.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:11 pm

Feud wrote:
NeatNit wrote:But yeah, that place looks breathtaking. Can you really see the stars at night?

Can you not there?

I remember countless camp outs in the mountains growing up and since I've been an adult, the stars and moon so bright you can read by them, or no moon and a million specks of light above, silent and vast.

If you are being serious, huh. I guess maybe I took them for granted.

Sorry, I must have not been paying attention when I wrote that. I meant see the stars THAT MUCH, I mean woah, that is some insane footage. Heck, they even show them during the day.

Yeah, we do see some stars at night but they're not many, I'm guessing that's because of the city lights I'm always surrounded by. To get a proper view of things like lunar eclipses or other once-in-a-long-while awesome space thingies, you have to go somewhere more empty. I'm sure this is the same everywhere in the world. The thing is, here the only option is the middle of the desert. I've never really associated the option of an amazing view of the night sky with anything greener than that.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:27 pm

NeatNit wrote:I meant see the stars THAT MUCH, I mean woah, that is some insane footage. Heck, they even show them during the day.

No, it doesn't. Those shots that look like day are long exposures, possibly with the moon present. It looks like day, but isn't. The sun will wash out the stars in any exposure taken during the day.

xander
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:31 pm

Where I live, you can barely see any stars at night. I'll be in Tampa, FL in the fall this year and am trying to figure out a way to spend a day or three in the Keys (always wanted to visit there). Mostly to see the stars at night from Dry Tortugas national park. Too bad for me, flying is extremely expensive and driving (there and back from/to Tampa) might take too much time. :(

I even considered taking the family on a train (Amtrak goes from Atlanta > Washingon D.C. > FT. Luaderday (pit stop to Keys) > Tampa. However, they are frickin' EXPENSIVE and such a trip would take longer than the time I want to spend just in the Keys. :shock:

In other news, this was taken at night (by me, at the beach), even though you might mistake the moon for the sun.

NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:00 pm

That is actually pretty cool. 8) Congratulations! :D

Return to “Introversion Lounge”