Games for 2009... And BEYOND!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
The Mighty Santa
level2
level2

Postby The Mighty Santa » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:32 am

Anybody guess when SCII: HotS comes out?
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:26 pm

shinygerbil wrote:I freely admit I'm a wuss when it comes to games. Currently playing Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition and shitting myself round every corner. And it's not strictly speaking a horror game.

By the way, if anybody missed Dark Souls on console, GET IT FOR PC (IF YOUR PC CAN HANDLE IT). Poor porting issues aside, it's an amazing and beautiful game. And while there *are* porting issues, if you have an Xbox 360 controller (or even a PS3 controller) and the technical know-how to download a patch to fix the rendering resolution, you'll be fine ;)

Speaking of Dark Souls, the high res patch is fantastic: http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/

As is abusing the summoning system to play coop with a friend.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:13 pm

RabidZombie wrote:
Jordy... wrote:How can a game be scary? Grow up?

I think you're projecting. No one even said it was scary. Was the game a little too frightening?

Well spotted! Though I was only baiting and you are the only unlucky fish to take the bait. I didn't play it though, some games DO give me the chills, like defcon.. it just tears me up inside to see the numbers being typed down when once again a city has been bombarded with radioactive waste and I know that so many suffer because of it..
Cuz fuck logic
Blackbeard
level4
level4

Postby Blackbeard » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:55 pm

I would like to say that Mark of the Ninja is the best Ninja game ever, but I've only played the first level... and replayed it, and replayed it, over and over :x . You see, it's the type of game that brings out the obsessive in me, like restarting Dark Souls multiple times as different character classes (oh to have known how futile that ultimately was).
Anyway, the first level of Mark of the Ninja is the greatest first level of any Ninja game I've ever played (going for level 2 tonight!).
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:18 am

Kerbal Space Program is exactly the wrong kind of game to stumble upon in the middle of law school and wedding planning.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:50 am

FTL.

That fricking game.

It's beautiful, yet horrible at the same time.

I've been playing it for I don't even know how long now, probably a good 20-30 hours and I've almost beaten it 3 times now. . . .
GreenRock
level4
level4

Postby GreenRock » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:02 am

Soooo... Borderlands 2. Can anyone give me a reliable review?
I'm afraid to buy it because the first one bored the hell out of me. I thought players were put in some post-apocalyptic overworld, and they raided eachother's bases and stuff. Multiplayer is just co-op campaign, and that's a deal breaker for me. A friend wants me to play it with him, though, so I'm asking if it's worth the $60.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:32 pm

MONACO IS MINE has a BETA!! YAY!!!

Been waiting forever for this game and I think it's gonna be awesome, so if you are interested definitely keep an eye-out for more BETA-keys to come. Sadly now PA will have a strong competitor for my time, but not too worry PA, I'll have a look at you Wednesday as well..

Also, xarlaxas, I've been playing FTL quite a bit as well, only unlocked the 2 engi ships and only got once to the last sector were I got brutally beaten, got any tips for me to share?
Cuz fuck logic
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:30 pm

Definitely a cool game Monaco is mine, it's polished and has a great feel to it. Not sure which games it could be compared to, the developer mentions PAC-man meets Hitman and I guess that is quite accurate. But I'd say it will be more like hitman then pac-man. Great game, I recommend you'd try it out if you get the chance!
Cuz fuck logic
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:45 am

GreenRock wrote:Soooo... Borderlands 2. Can anyone give me a reliable review?
I'm afraid to buy it because the first one bored the hell out of me. I thought players were put in some post-apocalyptic overworld, and they raided eachother's bases and stuff. Multiplayer is just co-op campaign, and that's a deal breaker for me. A friend wants me to play it with him, though, so I'm asking if it's worth the $60.

Perhaps a bit late, but now that the game is out in the EU and I had time to play a fair bit, I believe I can give you a fair assessment.

In your case, no. Borderlands 2 is very good, but it's simply a more polished and varied version of the original. Many of the bigger issues were fixed, namely enemy/setting/weapon variety, the plot is no longer rubbish, and you don't end up massively overleveled if you do sidequests (quite the opposite, in fact) - but unless those specific things were your problems with the original I find it doubtful you'll enjoy it.

And out of sheer curiosity, what made you think Borderlands was a game where:

GreenRock wrote:players were put in some post-apocalyptic overworld, and they raided eachother's bases and stuff.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:43 pm

Jordy... wrote:MONACO IS MINE has a BETA!! YAY!!!

Been waiting forever for this game and I think it's gonna be awesome, so if you are interested definitely keep an eye-out for more BETA-keys to come. Sadly now PA will have a strong competitor for my time, but not too worry PA, I'll have a look at you Wednesday as well..

Also, xarlaxas, I've been playing FTL quite a bit as well, only unlocked the 2 engi ships and only got once to the last sector were I got brutally beaten, got any tips for me to share?

*grumble* I've been waiting for this for ages too.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:30 pm

Sorry to hear you are not yet in there then, RPS ran a contest for some BETA-keys, and I'm sure more BETA keys will poor out overtime, just keep checking his facebook I suppose.

Though you only get to play the first 5 levels, the majority of stuff is not revealed so you are not missing THAT much and the full game should be out now any minute!
Cuz fuck logic
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:08 pm

Got the full version of Kerbal Space Program.

Excellent, excellent sandbox.
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:46 pm

Xarlaxas wrote:FTL.

That fricking game.

I've been playing it for I don't even know how long now, probably a good 20-30 hours and I've almost beaten it 3 times now. . . .

Very much a "just 1 more go....shit it's 1am!" game.
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:56 pm

Xarlaxas wrote:FTL.

That fricking game.

46 hours myself, according to Steam. Though that includes the couple of months of beta.

It does draw you in though. Just unlocked to 4-pad teleporter on the second variant of the Mantis ship.

I may be in love with a pixelated spaceship.
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”