Let's go.........RANDOM!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:24 pm

zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:39 pm

Kurt Cobain lives! or at least his voice does.
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:03 am

I disagree. I think I can discern the words that are coming out of his mouth.
microchip08
level5
level5

Postby microchip08 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:20 pm

Greenlight has a few interesting entries. Having rated 750 or so of 'em, I'm not sure what to make of what seems like a version of IdleRPG, or what Road Works Simulator really entails.

A significant number of the games seem to be made in Ren'Py, and the sheer number of games that have a similar art style to that of Minecraft is staggering. Then again, there's loads of cool indie games out there, but a few that stood out enough for me to favourite (and thereby follow the progress of) include Neocolonialism and Drown.

I'm not sure what to make of Greenlight: the $100 mandatory Child's Play donation to get listed seems to be a bit anti-indie developer (although the number of fake Half-Life 3s that appeared in the first few days of Greenlight seem to make it necessary). I feel that perhaps making it a deposit would be a better solution. It also seems to force developers to become PR people: instead of contacting Valve, one now has to get fans to vote.
Blackbeard
level4
level4

Postby Blackbeard » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:41 pm

microchip08 wrote:Greenlight...

I voted for UnderRail after playing the Alpha demo (kind of like Fallout, and other games of that ilk *looks up "ilk") -and an obscure Source Mod called "Black Mesa" :? .
microchip08
level5
level5

Postby microchip08 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:27 pm

jelco wrote:It's one of the most insanely professional mods I've seen

You say that, but some of the voice acting sounds horrendous.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:49 pm

jelco wrote:
Blackbeard wrote:an obscure Source Mod called "Black Mesa" :? .

Obscure? This has been such a high-profile modding project that I wasn't aware there were still gamers unaware of this project. It's a full conversion mod that basically takes the original Half-Life to the Source engine, that fans (including myself) have been eagerly following for years. It's one of the most insanely professional mods I've seen, with a ridiculous amount of experience between their team members. Pure awesomeness awaits - and it's just two days away. :D

Jelco

So what's the difference between it and Half Life Source?
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:02 pm

Feud wrote:
jelco wrote:
Blackbeard wrote:an obscure Source Mod called "Black Mesa" :? .

Obscure? This has been such a high-profile modding project that I wasn't aware there were still gamers unaware of this project. It's a full conversion mod that basically takes the original Half-Life to the Source engine, that fans (including myself) have been eagerly following for years. It's one of the most insanely professional mods I've seen, with a ridiculous amount of experience between their team members. Pure awesomeness awaits - and it's just two days away. :D

Jelco

So what's the difference between it and Half Life Source?
Half life Source is the assets of the original Half Life ported over to the source engine.

Black Mesa rebuilds all those assets from the ground up; new models and textures from everything from weapons to aliens to the level spaces. A remake rather than a port.
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:03 pm

microchip08 wrote:

I'm hoping that they've changed so little of the voices that it should be an easy task to import the sound files from the "Hald life: Source" if you have it. Fingers crossed.
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:15 pm

Thieme for PRESIDENT!!!
Cuz fuck logic
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:16 am

Cooper42 wrote:
microchip08 wrote:

I'm hoping that they've changed so little of the voices that it should be an easy task to import the sound files from the "Hald life: Source" if you have it. Fingers crossed.

From what I heard of the voice acting, we're going to have to start a new mod to update all of the voice assets in Black Mesa.

It will take over 8 years, suffer from feature creep, and end up remaking all of the game. Except Black Mesa Inbound. And will have terrible gun sounds.
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:25 pm

I saw the campaign yesterday. it was a pretty funny movie even though it had its less funny moments.

"You make my son call you dad, I fuck your wife!"
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:44 pm

Xocrates wrote: there is a significant difference between Obama and Bush: Obama build bridges

In light of recent events, there's going to be a lot of people who aren't particularly concerned about whether Europe likes Obama's foreign policy right now.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:51 pm

Feud wrote:In light of recent events, there's going to be a lot of people who aren't particularly concerned about whether Europe likes Obama's foreign policy right now.

You know, you should keep in mind that most of us have no ready access to what's going on in American Politics, so making a context-less post can be quite confusing.

I'm assuming you're talking about the embassy attack, but I have no idea what you actually mean.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:00 pm

Xocrates wrote:I'm assuming you're talking about the embassy attack, but I have no idea what you actually mean.

Yep, should have been more clear on my part.

Three American embassies stormed in three days, four American diplomatic and security personal dead, including an Ambassador. Here, it's a big deal, and that's what I meant.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”