Prison Architect Forums

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Prison Architect Forums

Postby Jordy... » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:28 pm

By lack of an official PA forums, let's have this topic!

What I'm wondering is, will we be aloud to micro-manage every prisoner, and if you will be able to create different facilities within one facility, which will have an impact on the prisoners motivations.
For example a segregated housing unit where prisoners can be sent who misbehave, or a unit with more freedoms and TV for prisoners that behave well. Or one super-luxury cell for one prisoner the behaved the best. It would be fun if prisoners take motivation from this and will behave better or worse, depending on what you built. Perhaps a facility for "rats" prisoners that told on another inmate.

Also if you can micro-manage prisoners it would be fun to mess with them, for example sending a hardcore gang-banger into a facility with "rats". Or rewarding bad behavior and punishing good behavior etc. I'm curious what you think.
Cuz fuck logic
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:06 pm

Maybe PA forum already exists...you just haven't been invited :?: :wink:
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:51 pm

Aah, ofcourse that might very well be the case. Are you invited?
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:15 pm

ynbniar wrote:Maybe PA forum already exists...you just haven't been invited :?: :wink:
My sudden solipsist viewpoint tells me that as I wouldn't imagine myself not being invited, this is clearly impossible.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:49 pm

I know right.. I got the same idea and came to the conclusion he must be teasing me.. naughty, naughty ybniar..
Cuz fuck logic
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:53 pm

Quiet, you. You don't necessarily exist.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:54 pm

In an ideal world I'd probably not exist.. alas, we live in quite a fucked-up world so it's quite likely I DO exist. Now let's talk more about PA?
Cuz fuck logic
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:04 am

OK, fine. The fact that someone at Rezzed did that trick with the electric chair indicates that there hasn't been enough stupid shit done in testing. You ever heard the line "A real user wouldn't do that"? It's an absolute falsehood. Can and will might as well be the synonymous when someone gets sufficiently bored/exasperated/curious.

It also suggests that Chris never noticed that when you try to edit a room in Theme Hospital, the game ejects everyone at the earliest convenient time before allowing you to proceed and/or that there was a very good reason for it. Or rather several, most of them being along the same line as "So that you don't move the Operating Table in the middle of Spare Ribs treatment".
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:14 am

Can you quote link to what you're talking about? I've missed that.

... Please..
Cuz fuck logic
Feud
level5
level5

Re: Prison Architect Forums

Postby Feud » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:11 am

Jordy... wrote:By lack of an official PA forums, let's have this topic!

What I'm wondering is, will we be aloud to micro-manage every prisoner, and if you will be able to create different facilities within one facility, which will have an impact on the prisoners motivations.
For example a segregated housing unit where prisoners can be sent who misbehave, or a unit with more freedoms and TV for prisoners that behave well. Or one super-luxury cell for one prisoner the behaved the best. It would be fun if prisoners take motivation from this and will behave better or worse, depending on what you built. Perhaps a facility for "rats" prisoners that told on another inmate.

Also if you can micro-manage prisoners it would be fun to mess with them, for example sending a hardcore gang-banger into a facility with "rats". Or rewarding bad behavior and punishing good behavior etc. I'm curious what you think.

Actually, I'm going to agree with you.

For me, the most fun would probably be had by using the prison as a giant social test tube (social science!). Then again, I also thought Sims was most fun when I was setting the house on fire.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:17 am

Feud wrote:Then again, I also thought Sims was most fun when I was setting the house on fire.

Or trapping the characters in a room with drinking water, but no toilet.

xander
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:28 am

xander wrote:
Feud wrote:Then again, I also thought Sims was most fun when I was setting the house on fire.

Or trapping the characters in a room with drinking water, but no toilet.

xander

Sadistic genius!

But I'm right, right? You wanna be able to create these fucked-up scenario's and see how the game reacts to that, I'm curious what else but the maslow' hierarchy they are gonna implant, Chris "brags" quite a bit about how clever the AI is and that each individual is different, would be shame to lose all those details by generalizing your population into groups of needs etc.
I want to be able to create rats and rebels depending on how I treat them and what I promise them/give them to look forward too.
Cuz fuck logic
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:46 am

Jordy... wrote:Can you quote link to what you're talking about? I've missed that.

... Please..
https://twitter.com/IVSoftware/status/221542530825719808
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:02 pm

Lol, thanks Mas!
Cuz fuck logic
UsF
level1
level1

Postby UsF » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:05 pm

I'm in favor of a forum, although waiting for the release of the paid alpha might be good, because otherwise people will be asking for a release date all the time. :D
Not that I am not in the same position. Can't wait to throw money at this.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”