BGP to give away ten free copies of Defcon to demo players

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:10 am

Oh no. You keep your shitty attempts to save face in the Defcon board in the Defcon board.

And for what it's worth: OJ did it. So did you.
BGP
level2
level2

Postby BGP » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:18 am

Mas Tnega wrote:Oh no. You keep your shitty attempts to save face in the Defcon board in the Defcon board.

And for what it's worth: OJ did it. So did you.

This is not about saving face. I noticed a dearth of online players and it is just not as vibrant as it used to be. As a member of this community I want to do my part and give back and help give the community a boost by bringing in new members. The Introversion Lounge and General (Defcon) boards have the most posts and naturally these two boards get the most visibility. If cross posting is not allowed then please have a moderator lock or delete this post and leave the other one in the Defcon board up.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:28 am

Cross posting is fine. The Defcon forums are not. [/xenophobia]
microchip08
level5
level5

Postby microchip08 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:03 pm

I was prepared to give the DEFCON forums another go, and then I saw a photo of a penis in that thread.
BGP
level2
level2

Postby BGP » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:11 pm

microchip08 wrote:I was prepared to give the DEFCON forums another go, and then I saw a photo of a penis in that thread.

I agree that image is distasteful and should be removed. Laika_rus should be reprimanded for posting or linking to images of nudity online. If you are a demo player and were otherwise interested in my free giveaway offer please don't let that get in the way. You can simply get adblock for your browser and manually block that image.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:14 pm

Are you guys talking about this: I THINK WE ALL SAW IT, THANK YOU VERY MUCH(bert) image? Cause I thought it shouldn't be missing in the Lounge either..
BGP
level2
level2

Postby BGP » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:20 pm

Jordy... wrote:Are you guys talking about this: I THINK WE ALL SAW IT, THANK YOU VERY MUCH(bert) image? Cause I thought it shouldn't be missing in the Lounge either..

Just to unequivocally clarify once more and in no uncertain terms : I do not condone this type of behavior and I believe Laika_rus should cease and desist and take-down the inappropriate image(s) that he has posted. I am doing my part and reported this image by submitting a removal request to imgur.com also I would ask that the IV forum admins forbid linking to images from the imgur.com domain if imgur does not comply with the take-down request in a prompt and timely manner.
Last edited by BGP on Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:23 pm

BGP wrote:
Jordy... wrote:Are you guys talking about this: I THINK WE ALL SAW IT, THANK YOU VERY MUCH(bert)image? Cause I thought it shouldn't be missing in the Lounge either..

Just to unequivocally clarify once more and in no uncertain terms : I do not condone this type of behavior and I believe Laika_rus should cease and desist and take-down the inappropriate image(s) that he has posted.

I like how you quoted me with the picture in it ;)
Cuz fuck logic
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:28 pm

Remove this picture ? Why should I ? It offends you ? So what ?
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:31 pm

it's art for heavens sake!
Cuz fuck logic
BGP
level2
level2

Postby BGP » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:31 pm

Laika_rus wrote:Remove this picture ? Why should I ? It offends you ? So what ?

While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.

This forum system uses cookies to store information on your local computer. These cookies do not contain any of the information you have entered above; they serve only to improve your viewing pleasure. The e-mail address is used only for confirming your registration details and password (and for sending new passwords should you forget your current one).

By clicking Register below you agree to be bound by these conditions.

Posting or linking to an image of a male genital is generally considered as "objectionable material ", it is reasonably obscene, vulgar and bona fide "sexually-oriented". As stated in the Introversion forum Registration Agreement Terms, your actions may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed) via IP address.
Last edited by BGP on Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:32 pm

Come back with admin rights then.

Edit: actually, I cannot delete it from host site, the only way to remove it from forum is to delete the links in posts.

Edit1: BGP, technically, you posted this picture too.
BGP
level2
level2

Postby BGP » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:47 pm

Laika_rus wrote:Come back with admin rights then.

Edit: actually, I cannot delete it from host site, the only way to remove it from forum is to delete the links in posts.

Edit1: BGP, technically, you posted this picture too.

No Laika_rus, you posted the inappropriate image by linking to the content in a forum post. Technically, I quoted you. Moderators and admins can discern the difference. If an unscrupulous member posts an offensive remark attacking another member and other members quote him for posterity that does not make them liable for the same offense. The excuse that you cannot delete it from the host site does not resolve you from the responsibilities of your actions nor does it erase the fact that you violated the very terms of agreement that you acknowledged to abide by when joining this forum.
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:59 pm

Yep. You posted it by quoting it.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”