[Minecraft] Introversion Server

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.

World Reset when Minecraft 1.2 has stabilised?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:41 am

Never!
No votes
No, but will accept if necessary
No votes
No strong opinions either way
31%
Yes, but not required
38%
Please!
31%

Total votes: 13
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:18 am

NeatNit wrote:WOOL STORAGE CAPACITY EXCEEDED.
STOP WOOL GATHER.
INITIATE DIGGING.

Wonderful!

Incidentally, I cannot join the The End voyage on the 28th of April either. Any date before or after is fine, however.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:43 am

Perhaps we can make it sooner... It doesn't HAVE to be on a saturday! How about friday?

I'm thinking this time? (To see in your own timezone, go here and change the place to convert to to your country.

Too many people have said they can't make it to Saturday.

Edit: Vioxtard wants to see the world as it was 5 days after the last reset, and honestly I want to see it as well. Is there a way to download them at the moment?
Ilenius
level1
level1

Postby Ilenius » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:31 pm

Wouldn't people in the US still be at work/school at that time on a Friday? I think a Saturday would work better, and I don't mind postponing the trip to May 5th.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:11 pm

You have my sword!
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:57 pm

So what exactly needs to be dug out now?
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:07 pm

Feud wrote:So what exactly needs to be dug out now?
http://minecraft.introversion.co.uk/map/#/93/64/-98/-1/0/0

That whole area. Figure out the pattern and continue it.

By the way, I'm just following what Shardea left me with - I have no idea what the next step is :P
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:32 am

About the digging, I am actually not sure how this design works. I'm pretty sure it's Shardea's, whom* I haven't seen in a pretty long time. Trying to figure it out now I see some misalignments. Also I never bothered to check if the leg markings are correct but I don't see why they wouldn't be :)

It's mainly this insecurity that stops me from digging it out right now. So, just so I feel better and get working, can someone who actually paid attention in this thread answer a few questions?

How big, exactly, is the Darwinian? (How big is each square?)
How much flat ground do we want around it?
What height will be the floor? And why?

Yeah, I can just look for the answers in this thread, but there were some changed decisions and I don't want to accidentally find the incorrect ones...

Sorry for double posting, I'd edit this into the previous post but it doesn't fit.

* does anyone else feel weird about using this word no matter what, even when it's completely correct?
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:04 am

NeatNit wrote:How big, exactly, is the Darwinian? (How big is each square?)

The v4 will be comprised of 40x40x40 blocks, so each square will be 40x40

NeatNit wrote:How much flat ground do we want around it?

That's debatable, that said I would prefer if there was at least 3 blocks from the building to the closest wall (mostly to prevent lava fires)

NeatNit wrote:What height will be the floor? And why?

The structure will be 240 blocks high, and since the build limit is 256, this means the floor will be at most 16. This will probably be the optimal value since it reduces the amount of digging necessary.

For now, I would suggest starting by digging the legs area (you can ignore the space between them for now).

I believe the presently dug area in front of it is for the viewing field.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:38 am

I realize that there's a bit of an accomplishment in doing it with food and monsters, but open excavating that much ground is going to be tricky with them. Even with candles we'll have monsters falling in, and that's not counting if we break through to a cavern that's filled with them.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:52 am

It's really not that much of a problem if we just dig 3 layers at a time and don't fall in.
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:07 am

NeatNit wrote:About the digging, I am actually not sure how this design works. I'm pretty sure it's Shardea's, whom* I haven't seen in a pretty long time. Trying to figure it out now I see some misalignments. Also I never bothered to check if the leg markings are correct but I don't see why they wouldn't be :)

It's mainly this insecurity that stops me from digging it out right now. So, just so I feel better and get working, can someone who actually paid attention in this thread answer a few questions?

What Xocrates said is pretty much correct. Squares are 40*40*40. My plans, ideally, leave 3+ blocks between the DGv4 and the nearest slopes. The floor is at 15, due to the way coordinates work out; this is in theory the highest it can be.

And I just rechecked the dig site, based on those parameters... it seems to be correct. What problems are you seeing?
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:00 pm

Shwart!! wrote:
NeatNit wrote:About the digging, I am actually not sure how this design works. I'm pretty sure it's Shardea's, whom* I haven't seen in a pretty long time. Trying to figure it out now I see some misalignments. Also I never bothered to check if the leg markings are correct but I don't see why they wouldn't be :)

What Xocrates said is pretty much correct. Squares are 40*40*40. My plans, ideally, leave 3+ blocks between the DGv4 and the nearest slopes. The floor is at 15, due to the way coordinates work out; this is in theory the highest it can be.

And I just rechecked the dig site, based on those parameters... it seems to be correct. What problems are you seeing?

Just this. Might be intentional actually. http://minecraft.introversion.co.uk/map ... -70/-1/0/0
snapshot: http://gyazo.com/b9b1d68f19a916697714569c897474c3

Not sure how clearly it's seen here, basically it doesn't line up.
Ilenius
level1
level1

Postby Ilenius » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:30 pm

NeatNit wrote:Not sure how clearly it's seen here, basically it doesn't line up.

I just checked and saw nothing wrong. Did someone already fix it?

Btw, it'd be nice if you marked those deep ditches somehow.. :P I almost fell in both of them.
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:05 am

NeatNit wrote:Just this. Might be intentional actually. http://minecraft.introversion.co.uk/map ... -70/-1/0/0
snapshot: http://gyazo.com/b9b1d68f19a916697714569c897474c3

Not sure how clearly it's seen here, basically it doesn't line up.

...still not seeing a problem...
sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:05 am

Am I able to join the hike to The End using the free version? I'm also having problems using the free version. It just sends me to the page explaining which keys do what.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”