Xocrates TWG: GAME OVER: Humans Win

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
microchip08
level5
level5

Postby microchip08 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:26 am

It was nice having a majority of players being special, though. Would a fully-special TWG work?
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:35 am

Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:46 am

zach wrote:Mix and match :roll:

Reading through that, I liked the idea that the roles are revealed on death so long as the coroner is alive.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:52 am

Xarlaxas wrote:One of the funniest things, in my opinion, was that it seems like the specials were the most quiet players, while the wolves were quite talkative this time,
Screw you, man! I talked the HELL out of my one day of life. And I still think Jordy just searched the forums of TWG games, spotted Icepick's one where someone else came up with the pl*n and decided to rip it off, knowing that it failed.

also, I really have no idea why Jordy decided to go kamikaze to save me. . . .
I've been wanting to say this for an entire game: No one playing this game can count votes worth shit!

microchip08 wrote:It was nice having a majority of players being special, though. Would a fully-special TWG work?
Takes fine balancing to make something like that work. However, games where it turns out everyone is a wolf have been awesomely confusing and also plain awesome. Like this game.
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:58 am

Xocrates wrote:Reading through that, I liked the idea that the roles are revealed on death so long as the coroner is alive.

I missed that. Interesting.

Anyway, I think some inspiration can be achieved from that article, surely.

This was a fun game. I need to learn to attract less attention, though.

microchip08, if you don't mind me asking ... why did you scry me on the first night?
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:30 am

That was quite fun! Sorry for the attempted noms, Feud, but I had /no/ idea who to eat, and you hadn't yet made that (quite humanizing) revelation. It also explained my slaying of zjoere, and (possibly) causing the games such rapid end.

There was one thing I didn't approve of, however: the way my role was implemented. Aside from Xocrates saying the rogue should help the wolves, there's no /reason/ for me to choose one side over another.
Consider: Every other player in the game has one goal, which is to survive. They also all have a faction that their very existence counts towards, thus making defined teams that are secondary to that goal, but have the same requirements.
The rogue does not have such a defined faction, and is not stated to win on survival. I chose to play as though that was the goal, however, since I found it overly odd (and not so fun) to have one player whose goal is not the same.

I found that it made the most sense to ally with the humans, as their confirmed roles made a good center to rally around and my counter-wolfy powers did come in handy. If the role is retained, I would recommend modifying it to either have the explicit goal of survival, or have a more firm basis for working with the other wolves.

(Also, thanks for not killing me off at the end, Xocrates. :D)

EDIT: One last thing, my experience was that it's /extremely/ difficult for the rogue wolf to find other wolves. If that is kept as the main goal, it's likely to be somewhat frustrating for the rogue in the future.
Last edited by Shwart!! on Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:33 am

On page 1:

Xocrates wrote:
Mas Tnega wrote:Other question: Does the rogue wolf lose if the other wolves die?

Also yes. Mostly for balance purposes.
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:34 am

I'm aware of that, but it seems both (kinda) arbitrary and not matching the remainder of the role itself. It didn't make sense to play with that as the goal.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:37 am

@Shwart!!

I'll keep that in mind. However the goal here was mostly to make the Traitor role more interesting by giving it a more active participation, and as such your criticisms apply to that role as well, and while I do believe I've succeeded in making the role more interesting, to me your experience serves pretty darn well to highlight how useless that particular role tends to be.

You make a very good case regarding the survivability issue, and it's certainly something I'll keep in mind when revising/creating roles.
microchip08
level5
level5

Postby microchip08 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:40 am

zach wrote:microchip08, if you don't mind me asking ... why did you scry me on the first night?

You voted for me. Only reason!

To be honest, I was a bit annoyed to have found a wolf the first night: I was hoping for someone to advise me on wtf I was meant to be doing...
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:49 am

The best thing for the seer is probably to find a special human as soon as possible, as that's less suspicious than someone saying "hey, I know you're human" as any wolf would know that too. . . .

I think you talked the most out of all the specials, Mas, even though you died so quickly. :P I do agree that people seem to have some trouble vis-a-vis counting, but I find I get a lot more interested in tallying things up when my life is on the line. . . . Also, why are you never on Steam anymore? ;-;

Yeah, I like the idea of role revelation on death while the coroner is alive, though he'd still be unknown unless he is killed? Otherwise he'd be the first target for wolves. :P

EDIT: Don't forget roles like the Masons and so on, those would give the humans some agency, but obviously it couldn't encompass all the innocents.
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:55 am

Oh, right. This was our (Shwart!!'s and my) priority list on who to nom at night:

Code: Select all

shinygerbil > microchip08 > Xarlaxas > Feud > ynbniar > Cooper42 > MrBunsy > Foxsake

This list was then further refined, leading in microchip08's upbumping on the list. Seer + GA would have been nom'd very early, had us wolves been more organised (and hadn't I been scryed on the first night) :roll:
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:10 am

zach wrote:Oh, right. This was our (Shwart!!'s and my) priority list on who to nom at night:

Ah, two things. One, I didn't find you until late in day 3 (and even that was blind 'luck'), and two, I still wasn't exactly on your side. I'd already kinda allied with the humans. :P
Although, granted, they were /not/ as proactive in involving me in plans.

I pretty much ended up playing both sides, without /specifically/ betraying either... which, honestly, was a blast. The role was extremely fun in that regard. It just isn't at all how it was meant to be played.
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:10 pm

Could the traitor role not be spiced up in more conventional ways, such as acting as a roleblocker, or being able to be 'turned' into a werewolf if they are the target of a werewolf kill?

Or, if the traitor is givien a killing option at night like they were this time, the Serial Killer orle tends to work well. It makes games a lot shorter, but it's a more fun (if difficult) role to play.
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:08 pm

Things went pretty badly for us... I still think ynbniar's actions were suspicious, and that my vote made sense.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”