Xocrates TWG: GAME OVER: Humans Win

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:43 am

I suppose I'll join in on that. Zach doesn't seem overly suspicious to me, but he's still more so than anyone else.
But I still want to know where MrBunsy is. He seems almost conspicuous in his absence...
MrBunsy
level5
level5

Postby MrBunsy » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:01 pm

I is alive! Really.

I'm going to vote for zach, if we have a coroner then we can find out if he's a wolfy and then I might have some idea of what's going on.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:14 pm

As the remaining villagers dragged zach to the gallows and went to bed, a thought crossed their minds “will the madness ever end?”

As the day rose, they were surprised at the lack of entrails scattered all over the place, however they noticed Shwart!! was missing.

A quick search found his house looking like someone had left in a rush. Suspicious, the villagers let the day go by.
The next day nothing had changed. Was the nightmare over?

Relief washed over them as they realized,

Yes it was.

GAME OVER – Humans Win

Roles:

Wolves:
Jordy
Phelanpt
Zach
zjoere

Seer:
microchip08

Guardian Angel:
shinygerbil

Vigilante:
ynbniar

Coroner:
Mas Tnega

Rogue wolf:
Shwart!!

Game Analysis

The poor, sad, unfortunate wolves. Just about everything that could go wrong went wrong, often in the most spectacular manner.
Let's have a look, shall we?

DAY 1:

Day 1 was fun to watch, with the discussion of pl*ns (lead by a wolf, no less) meant there was plenty of activity. On the voting side, what would probably end up as a two way tie between Jordy and Xarlaxas, was solved when one hour to the end of the day Jordy changes his vote and places himself in the lead (oops?).

One wolf down.

NIGHT 1

The seer scans Zach, GA protects himself, Rogue wolf targets Feud but has no luck.

zjoere casts an early vote for microchip08, and for a while it seemed the wolves would manage to off the seer on the first night. However Phelanpt and Zach vote Mas Tnega, causing the death of the coroner instead.

DAY 2

Bandwagons of the day are zjoere and ynbniar. I'm contacted by ynbniar requesting that if he's the most voted at the end of the day, to shoot Phelanpt.

Phelanpt get shot, two wolves down

NIGHT 2

Seer scans Feud, GA protects ynbniar

While waiting for the wolf vote to come in, I decide to roll for the Rogue wolf in advance. Turns out this will be double kill night, which would allow the wolves to recover some ground.

Zach doesn't vote, zjoere votes for (protected) ynbniar, Shwart!! votes for (quite wolfy) zjoere. (oops?)

Three wolves down.

With the last wolf identified, and one publicly (mostly) confirmed human, I honestly did not expect the game to go past Day 3

DAY 3

And yet it did. Huh?

The day started with confusion regarding zjoere's death. Shwart!! took what could be seen as a risky move and pointed out that zjoere dying doesn't confirm his humanity.

People seemed very vote shy for some reason (ignoring Foxsake's vote for the quite dead Phelanpt), but eventually it seemed like they took zach's bait to vote for Xarlaxas.
This development actually made me curious enough for me to ask zach what he was doing behind the scenes. Among other things, he told me of his intention of trying to lure the coroner into using his ability on Jordy, wasting the ability and giving ground to his “theory” that Jordy commited suicide to protect his fellow wolf Xarlaxas.
Too bad he ate the coroner on night 1 (oops!), so all he succeeded in doing was to attract attention to himself.

Eventually the day came down to a last minute showdown between Xarlaxas and zach, with Xarlaxas pulling a draw with 40 minutes to go and zach pulling it VERY close (to the point I was starting to consider rigging the coin flip to keep the game going) and dooming Xarlaxas.
Of note, the day had a fairly high amount of inactive and non-voters, including the seer. I suspect that had those votes came in and the game would indeed have ended here.

NIGHT 3

Seer scans Shwart!! and finds the wolves only ally, GA protects ynbniar again, Rogue wolf targets Feud but again has no luck.

Zach managed to get the seer, but it appears that by this point the humans had all the info they needed.

DAY 4

Upon which we learn the seer had been spreading his information around, and his sudden demise suggested he was trustworthy.

GG for the wolves.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:44 pm

Nice!

I thought that zjoere was wolfish, got me a bit gun shy when he was eaten though. Didn't think about it being the rogue wolf getting him. :)

Around night two the seer contacted me, and at first I was hesitant. I started forwarding all the info I was getting to ynbnair just in case, as I figured he was the closest we had to a confirmed human. It just about came apart when I found out that microchip was telling ynbnair that I was the seer instead of him, and figured it was a wolf trick. Then he got eaten, which confirmed in my mind that he was at least human.

The info he gave us was that zach was a wolf, and Shwart was the rogue wolf. After talking with ynbnair about it, he suggested we try and lure out any remaining wolves rather than just saying "zach's a wolf". That's why we tried to get things rolling on him early but without saying that it was because of the seer, to try and hold the identity card while also seeing if anyone tried to save him. At the same time Shwart was contacting us, and so long as he stayed in line we were going to consider him on our side.

Glad things worked out. Seems that the rogue wolf thought I might be tasty though. :D
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:53 pm

Holy shit my trap worked Phelanpt was a wolf :!:

Very confusing with Feud and micro both claiming each other was the seer. Paranoid.

Good game humans.
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:55 pm

Celebratory hand-gestures all round :D

If only I'd gotten my ass in gear and contacted ynbniar on Day 3, we might have ended this a day earlier...but I was too cautious (and also busy IRL).
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:48 pm

Man we really were a bad wolf team :shock:. I'm not got at playing wolfy roles. I was rather busy irl at the beginning of the game. So that's the reason for my vote on night 1 not being the same as the other wolf votes (I was a bit late in the discussion). I didn't get a hold of zach during night 2 so I had to vote alone. Although the lack of contact with zach did make me a bit paranoid, I thought I had died because he backstabbed me or something like that. Took me a while to remember there was still a rogue wolf on the loose possibly. Still an enjoyable game in spite of our not so good wolf performance.
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:05 pm

I think we'd have won a day earlier had ynbniar not voted for me and set off a bandwagon he couldn't control. :P
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:24 pm

Xarlaxas wrote:I think we'd have won a day earlier had ynbniar not voted for me and set off a bandwagon he couldn't control. :P

We'll build you a statue...
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:24 pm

When we started voting for zach and everyone jumped on the bandwagon, I was a bit nervous. Once he was gone, unless we went for the rogue wolf, I really had no idea who else to go for. I made the mistake earlier of tipping off that the seer was likely killed, and so once the alleged wolves were gone I figured any others would go to ground and we'd be right back where we started.

All in all, it seems like the humans were almost unbelieveably fortunate this time around.
microchip08
level5
level5

Postby microchip08 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:32 pm

Feud wrote:It just about came apart when I found out that microchip was telling ynbnair that I was the seer instead of him

This was because I wasn't 100% sure that ynbniar wasn't a wolf ('cos the gun could get passed), so I said you were the seer so that I wouldn't get eaten the next night. It fell apart when I forgot to tell you about it though :D
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:14 pm

microchip08 wrote:This was because I wasn't 100% sure that ynbniar wasn't a wolf ('cos the gun could get passed), so I said you were the seer so that I wouldn't get eaten the next night. It fell apart when I forgot to tell you about it though :D

Haha, yeah, I was rather suspicious of you at the begining and ynbnair telling me that you were telling him a different story didn't help. Had you not been eaten that night I probably would have been more inclined to vote for you than I would have for zach (or any other wolves you might have mentioned).

Luckily, you took one for the team. :wink:
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:42 pm

One of the funniest things, in my opinion, was that it seems like the specials were the most quiet players, while the wolves were quite talkative this time, also, I really have no idea why Jordy decided to go kamikaze to save me. . . .

Personally, I'm still a fan of role revelation upon death (or at least lynching) as it gives the regular townsfolk something to go on when they aren't inducted into the known-human club, it gets rather boring not knowing anything and no-one communicating with you behind the scenes. :P
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:34 pm

So I was scryed on night 1? Yeah, I didn't stand a chance then :D

Still, three wolf deaths in two days... I wish I hadn't been that busy on night two :(. And I had this elaborate pl*n ...
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:53 pm

Xarlaxas wrote:Personally, I'm still a fan of role revelation upon death (or at least lynching) as it gives the regular townsfolk something to go on when they aren't inducted into the known-human club, it gets rather boring not knowing anything and no-one communicating with you behind the scenes. :P

True, and the main reason why I shot zjoere in that other village.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”