Xocrates TWG: GAME OVER: Humans Win

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Foxsake
level1
level1

Postby Foxsake » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:40 am

Ummm based upon the comments and advice from others. Surely Ynbniar was suspicious on day 1? Voting early, giving no proper reason and then disappearing?
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:37 pm

The day of recovery was probably a bit of an overstatement since I'm here now. Unfortunately there hasn't been much activity since my early morning post so I'll just keep my vote where it is. I might have to reread the day one posts because a lot happened then but I wasn't really paying much attention.
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:52 pm

Ynbniar does seem to pop in, vote, and pop out. I would like to know what you found suspicious about zach, since you didn't say specifically.
I'd also like to know where Foxsake is putting his vote.
Foxsake
level1
level1

Postby Foxsake » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:01 pm

Phelanpt wrote:Ynbniar does seem to pop in, vote, and pop out. I would like to know what you found suspicious about zach, since you didn't say specifically.
I'd also like to know where Foxsake is putting his vote.

So are you saying the behaviour pointed out is typical for him? Or were you saying that seems to be how he is now operating?
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:46 pm

He did it both days. I don't have time to check other previous games right now.
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:49 pm

shwart!! (redacted)

For changing votes late in the day to someone, pushing a tie break situation.

No human reason to do this; he was safe himself and ties don't help us much. Joining a day 1 bandwagon late in the day, with no clear reasoning, is suspiscious.

It's not much, but it will do for day 2.
Last edited by Cooper42 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
microchip08
level5
level5

Postby microchip08 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:12 pm

Zach (redacted), partially as reciprocation but mainly because his initial outlying vote seemed to have the purpose of being incognito (not backing any of the main wagons, keeping the reason brief). Then an attempt to spread-bet followed by a swift reversion once that didn't work?

Current votes [if I can count!]:

Code: Select all

MrBunsy   1
zjoere    2
zach      2
Shwart!!  1
Last edited by microchip08 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Foxsake
level1
level1

Postby Foxsake » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:15 pm

Phelanpt wrote:He did it both days. I don't have time to check other previous games right now.

I don't expect you too. but you have a wealth of experience with him I don't have.

In that case, my vote is for Ynbniar.
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:51 pm

Phelanpt wrote:Ynbniar does seem to pop in, vote, and pop out.

work, karate, dog walking, work, dark souls....not enough time in the day.

Bit quick to start that bandwagon, and using the new guy as cover...sneaky...wolfy.

Lynch Phelanpt
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:50 pm

Lynchee     | Count | Voters
------------+-------+----------------------------------------
MrBunsy     |   1   | zjoere
zjoere      |   2   | MrBunsy, Feud
ynbniar     |   2   | Phelanpt, Foxsake
Shwart      |   1   | Cooper42
Zach        |   1   | microchip08
Phelanpt    |   1   | ynbniar
shinygerbil |   1   | Shwart

That should be up-to-date. Credit to the late Mas for the format in use... poor soul.

I have no real idea what is going on now... there are a few people who are mildly suspicious, but nobody enough to really make me want to get them killed...
You know who's had it too easy, though? shinygerbil. He's so little suspicious that it in itself is the most suspicious. It's the perfect tactic.
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:53 pm

You know, I think I'm going to go for Shwart today. The "so innocent he must be guilty" logic is a bit spurious in my opinion and I'm liking the argument that Cooper42 made.
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:24 am

Xarlaxas wrote:You know, I think I'm going to go for Shwart today. The "so innocent he must be guilty" logic is a bit spurious in my opinion and I'm liking the argument that Cooper42 made.
Yes but my reasoning included him pushing a tie. With your vote we now have an absurd four way tie.

Large ties give us nothing. Wolves can be part of them, but, as a minority of a tie, are probably willing to take the risk. It also increases the chance that we lynch a human tonight. The chances of there being four humans in the toss are pretty high. Higher than the chance of a wolf being amongst those four and the wolf losing the toss.

So I move my vote to ynbniar In the hope that breaking the tie produces something to go on.
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:40 am

Xarlaxas wrote:You know, I think I'm going to go for Shwart today. The "so innocent he must be guilty" logic is a bit spurious in my opinion and I'm liking the argument that Cooper42 made.

I was being sarcastic. :P I just don't have any better options that aren't equally silly.

I'll admit my actions yesterday were kind of suspicious. For what it's worth, it wasn't about the tie, as it was about Jordy (yes, I am still rather biased against him.) But I can see how it would be pretty suspicious, looking like it was to save Xarlaxas... who, incidentally, just threw me into danger.

Much appreciated, by the way. ;)

Oh, and Cooper42, it was but a 3-way tie. Only halfway absurd.

As of now:

Lynchee     | Count | Voters
------------+-------+----------------------------------------
MrBunsy     |   1   | zjoere
zjoere      |   2   | MrBunsy, Feud
ynbniar     |   3   | Phelanpt, Foxsake, Cooper42
Shwart      |   1   | Xarlaxas
Zach        |   1   | microchip08
Phelanpt    |   1   | ynbniar
shinygerbil |   1   | Shwart
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:45 am

I really should read the orange boxes, shouldn't I? :P

Ties are interesting because they give us more variables to analyse (if you can be bothered), but that's a bit of a double-edged sword as that gives the wolves (and rogue wolf) more room to hide themselves in. . . .

All's fair in love and werewolf hunting? ;)

I really must admit that I'm not really very convinced one way or another, but I'm just acting on what sounds most reasonable at the time.

[Mostly due to boring real-life situations I must admit]
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:41 am

Erm, so ... why did Jordy change his vote, again? I know he can be a bit off at times, but getting yourself lynched is either indicative of ignorance, silliness or factual knowledge, I think?

Considering Jordy saved Xarlaxas, I'm thinking both of them could be wolves - they were in a position where either would probably get lynched anyway. If both are wolves, they would "lose" just as much either way. It's the only logical reason I can think where Jordy would be indifferent/"ignorant" wrt lynching himself.

Of course, Jordy could also have been thinking that Xarlaxas was a special and not wanting to "waste" him to a lynch. As it was day 1, he had no way of being sure, though, so that seems like an unlikely case.

Too much speculation? It's the only seriously suspicious act I've seen so far though, so my lynch vote goes for Xarlaxas for now.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”