Xocrates TWG: GAME OVER: Humans Win

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
MrBunsy
level5
level5

Postby MrBunsy » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:27 pm

Holy crap this is a busy first day! I'm voting for Jordy. I do not like the logic of exposing any specials this early in the game.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:43 pm

I only ask for 1 SPECIAL to be revealed, that of the coroner. All the other specials report to the coroner so he can set-up the groundwork of our campaign against the ruthless wolfs.

I do not like how nobody agrees with me, or accuses me of wanting to out many special roles, it feels like I'm being hunted by the wolfs.
Cuz fuck logic
microchip08
level5
level5

it's taken me years to actually play Fallout 3 properly

Postby microchip08 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:52 pm

Zach, I've only just checked my emails; I was too busy in the Capital Wasteland yesterday.

Mas seems to be talking a lot. As previously established, I can't count, so I'm taking Mas's tally of votes as gospel -- voting for anyone other than Xarlaxas, Mas Tnega or Jordy is a wasted vote at this point in the day.

Xarlaxas's only fault is that xe explained how Jordy's plan falls apart under scrutiny; shinygerbil (reasonably) reciprocated a RNG vote, Jordy seems to vote merely because Xarlaxas was being hostile (which is probably the wrong word) towards xyr, and Foxsake then bandwagoned. None of that, in my mind, is a reason to vote for Xarlaxas.

Jordy and his deliberate(?) attempt to confuzzle us [which worked, although Mas's deck of cards possibly confused me more] makes me suspicious; so I'll vote for Jordy..., merely because I don't think Xarlaxas deserves the noose (that said, I don't not think Xarlaxas deserves the noose either). If I've counted correctly (which I undoubtedly haven't), that should smooth out the [undeserved] bandwagon.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:39 pm

I don't see how I confuse people? And it certainly isn't deliberate. What I suggested was a plan for the powerroles to get together and thus being a stronger impact from the start.
What if somebody who gets lynched claims a powerrole? Do we believe him, or not?!
If we follow my plan as described, we wouldn't have such issues because the powerroles would be known from the beginning to the coroner and everyone who is cleared.

But alas, for some strange reason it seems there is a strong opposition against my plan, I do not believe they're all wolfs, but surely some of them are?

Also micro, why am I a better vote then Xarlaxas or Mas in your opinion?

EDIT: I'm puzzled as to why people are voting one of the most active town members. First of all it shows I like to play this game, second of all I would be more useful to this town then those who are quieter, and even if I were a wolf I would be more easily unmasked as such because I talk a lot.. Thus, votes on me are suspicious on there own..
Last edited by Jordy... on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cuz fuck logic
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:39 pm

If I've counted correctly (which I undoubtedly haven't), that should smooth out the [undeserved] bandwagon.

That actually doesn't. Still leaves Xarlaxas at 4, with Jordy at 3.
But I'd honestly rather have Jordy sent to the noose than Xarlaxas; I don't trust him as much.

Jordy... wrote:EDIT: I'm puzzled as to why people are voting one of the most active town members. First of all it shows I like to play this game, second of all I would be more useful to this town then those who are quieter, and even if I were a wolf I would be more easily unmasked as such because I talk a lot.. Thus, votes on me are suspicious on there own..

In my judgement, you're less useful than just about anyone else, thanks to rash planning exhibiting poor judgement. As well as just being ridiculous. Is that sufficient?
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:11 pm

Just got home and managed to skim the thread. Foxsake gets my vote from his "keeping my head down" comment.
Foxsake
level1
level1

Postby Foxsake » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:23 pm

Phelanpt wrote:Just got home and managed to skim the thread. Foxsake gets my vote from his "keeping my head down" comment.

Strange thing about that is... I'm not; as I admitted...

Think you're reading too much into what I've said. Language is easy, I believe in keeping it simple. Especially on internet forums
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:53 pm

Shwart!! wrote:
If I've counted correctly (which I undoubtedly haven't), that should smooth out the [undeserved] bandwagon.

That actually doesn't. Still leaves Xarlaxas at 4, with Jordy at 3.
But I'd honestly rather have Jordy sent to the noose than Xarlaxas; I don't trust him as much.

Jordy... wrote:EDIT: I'm puzzled as to why people are voting one of the most active town members. First of all it shows I like to play this game, second of all I would be more useful to this town then those who are quieter, and even if I were a wolf I would be more easily unmasked as such because I talk a lot.. Thus, votes on me are suspicious on there own..

In my judgement, you're less useful than just about anyone else, thanks to rash planning exhibiting poor judgement. As well as just being ridiculous. Is that sufficient?

I find those judgments quite hard, I don't see how I'm rash planning, I'm merely proposing what I think would be the best thing for the town, you are free to share your insights like me with everyone else. I wonder were I displayed any sign of poor judgment and how exactly I'm being ridiculous.

But if it makes you feel better to talk me down like that, then by all means go ahead.
Cuz fuck logic
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:42 am

The thing is, your pl*n only works if (a) people don't mess with it /and are alive/, and (b) wolves don't mess with it either. It's too easy to completely screw it up, which leaves the wolves sitting pretty while the humans have little to do but flail about.

As for the ridiculousness, that's just your personality. ;)

EDIT: I made a pl*n of my own, though. Everyone sleeps in the church, trading off half-night guard shifts. Nobody can go wolfy without being spotted, and subsequently slain. So either the wolves are outed, or they can't kill anybody. As long as they're outnumbered, it's infallible.
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:49 am

Oh damn, I did a bad thing didn't I? I forgot that Logic is the biggest killer of humans in these villages. :P

I've retracted my vote for shinygerbil because I only did it because we're supposed to vote for someone, and will, instead, move my vote to Foxsake because I really do think he's looking suspicious. "Oh look, a bandwagon, that must be a good thing, I think I'll join that to look normal."

It's not tactical voting in the saving my own ass way, but I don't want to resort to that until it's looking close, what is it now, 4 for me, 4 for Jordy, 2 for Foxs, and 1 for Mas and Zach?

[And yes, I must admit that I originally voted for Jordy because I assumed he would be annoying again, but it's looking like he's being quite sensible, if misguided in the matter of how best to organise our defense against the wolves]
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:11 am

Xarlaxas wrote:what is it now, 4 for me, 4 for Jordy, 2 for Foxs, and 1 for Mas and Zach?

According to my tally (no guarantees), it's 4 for you and 3 for Jordy, m'dear.

Code: Select all

Lynchee     | Count | Voters
------------+-------+----------------------------------------
Xarlaxas    |   4   | Jordy, shinygerbil, Foxsake, Mas Tnega
Mas Tnega   |   2   | zjoere, Shwart!!
Jordy       |   3   | ynbniar, MrBunsy, microchip08
zjoere      |   1   | Feud
microchip08 |   1   | zach
zach        |   1   | Cooper42
Foxsake     |   2   | Phelanpt, Xarlaxas

I don't find Jordy particularly suspicious, though a bit daft in the proposed "masterpl*n". Won't vote for a human just because they're silly, though.

I don't know, I am kind of inclined to go easy on Foxsake whatwith xer (thanks for the somewhat neutral pronouns, mc08) being new here and all ... but xe has the same odds of being a wolf as the next person, and Foxsake IS acting mightily suspicious (even if unconsciously so).

I'll keep my current vote for now, though ...
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:25 am

Er, actually, I retracted my vote for Mas, putting it on Jordy.
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:30 am

My bad, don't know how I missed that. For posterity, then;

Code: Select all

Lynchee     | Count | Voters
------------+-------+----------------------------------------
Xarlaxas    |   4   | Jordy, shinygerbil, Foxsake, Mas Tnega
Mas Tnega   |   1   | zjoere
Jordy       |   4   | ynbniar, MrBunsy, microchip08, Shwart!!
zjoere      |   1   | Feud
microchip08 |   1   | zach
zach        |   1   | Cooper42
Foxsake     |   2   | Phelanpt, Xarlaxas

Less errorful now?
Foxsake
level1
level1

Postby Foxsake » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:11 am

Xarlaxas wrote:Oh damn, I did a bad thing didn't I? I forgot that Logic is the biggest killer of humans in these villages. :P

I've retracted my vote for shinygerbil because I only did it because we're supposed to vote for someone, and will, instead, move my vote to Foxsake because I really do think he's looking suspicious. "Oh look, a bandwagon, that must be a good thing, I think I'll join that to look normal."

Thing is you're kind of right. Not about me being a wolf. But you are about me wanting to vote along with the crowd. My aim is for me, and my kin (the other humans) to survive. We do that best by staying undivided. I also stay alive best by going along with the crowd too.
I am new here, and to this game, so you can't really say what is typical. But if you want more of an idea of my style on forums, probably best to check out the forums I frequent most and have done for a long time... www.northstar-alliance.net
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:02 pm

I'm adding my vote to foxsake, foxes are related to wolfs after all, are they not?
Cuz fuck logic

Return to “Introversion Lounge”