Xocrates TWG: GAME OVER: Humans Win

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Xocrates TWG: GAME OVER: Humans Win

Postby Xocrates » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:44 pm

Right, sign ups open. Anyone interested in joining just reply in bold bellow. Game will likely start around friday-saturday.

A couple notes:
In an attempt to make the traitor role more interesting, I'm going to rework it into the "Rogue wolf", details are bellow. I will also bring back the coroner to try and counter-balance it.
While I will try and give "one hour warning"s at the end of the day, the day can end even if I don't. This is mostly for the case that I'm late at ending the day but can't stay around the extra hour.

Right, so:

GENERAL RULES

• Game ends in human victory when there are no more wolf players and in wolf victory when wolves are in equal or superior number to the humans
  • Days will last 48 hours, nights will probably be something like 24 hours.
  • No role revelations on death
  • Votes in bold
  • Retract a day vote if you vote a second time. If you don't, your vote will not count.
  • Inactivity for two (in-game) days will get you killed by an unfortune natural disaster. This will not replace a lynching.
  • People wishing to quit the game should PM me and I will announce their untimely demise. Players are encouraged to off themselves in a gruesome disposition as a way to signal other players that they're leaving. Note that a player will not be considered dead until the official announcement. This will not replace a lynching
  • Ties are solved randomly. Goes for both lynches and wolf dinners. For lynches this is publicly announced, for wolf kills it isn't.
  • One post-mortem post per person is allowed (without spoilers)
  • No posting at night. Exception goes to the dead which are allowed to make their post-mortem post during this period.
  • Metagaming on this thread should be kept to a minimum. Abuse of this rule will result in a warning to offending players, repeat offenders will suffer an untimely demise. You're free to metagame outside the thread so long as dead players remain non-participant.
  • Speaking of which, contacting with dead players regarding the game isn't allowed. Failure to comply will result in... you guessed it... an untimely demise

ROLES

• Human: Has no special abilities
  • Wolf: During the night, wolves PM me with a target player, the player with the most wolf votes is killed that night.
  • Seer: During the night, the seer PMs me with the name of a player, that player's role will be revealed to the seer.
  • Guardian Angel: During the night, the GA PMs me with the name of a player, that player cannot be killed that night
  • Vigilante: During the Day, and only once during the game, the Vigilante can kill another player. This will reveal the Vigilante's identity and will replace a lynching. The day will end once this happens. The Vigilante should PM me when they opt to kill someone so I can make it official. The Vigilante can also PM me at any time to pass his "gun" to another player, causing the other player to gain the role of Vigilante in addition to whatever roles he already had, the current Vigilante will lose this role.
  • Coroner: During the Day, and only once during the game, the Coroner can PM me reporting his intention to perform an autopsy to one of the dead players, the Coroner's identity and the dead player's role will then be publicly revealed.
  • Rogue wolf: During the night, the Rogue wolf PMs me with a target player. Target player has a 20% chance of being killed, replacing the wolf kill, and a 10% chance of being killed in addition to the wolf kill. The Rogue wolf can kill or be killed by regular wolves. The rogue wolf will win along the wolves, but won't count to either side when doing the victory count (meaning that the humans can win with the Rogue Wolf in play, while the wolves only need to match the sum of humans and human specials)

PLAYERS (8/15)

Cooper42
DTNC Vicious (D2)
Feud
Foxsake
Jordy (D1)
Mas Tnega (N1)
microchip08 (N3)
MrBunsy
Phelanpt (D2)
shinygerbil
Shwart!!
Xarlaxas (D3)
ynbniar
Zach
zjoere (N2)
Last edited by Xocrates on Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:14 pm, edited 26 times in total.
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:50 pm

First!
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:13 pm

In

Clarification on the rogue wolf role. Do they, like the traitor, not know who the other wolves are?
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:16 pm

Cooper42 wrote:Clarification on the rogue wolf role. Do they, like the traitor, not know who the other wolves are?

Indeed. The idea is mostly to give an incentive to the wolves to track down the "traitor", of which the Rogue wolf is an analogue. Hopefully, it will make the backstage play a lot more interesting.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:20 pm

In

Question: Can wolves kill wolves?
Other question: Does the rogue wolf lose if the other wolves die?
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:26 pm

Mas Tnega wrote:Question: Can wolves kill wolves?

Yes
Mas Tnega wrote:Other question: Does the rogue wolf lose if the other wolves die?

Also yes. Mostly for balance purposes.
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:28 pm

IN

Pray I'm not the vigilante. :wink:
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:13 pm

Also IN

also pray ybniar isn't the vigilante
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:20 pm

In.
And don't worry ynbnair, at least you hit what you were aiming at, that's what we call gun control. :wink:
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:56 pm

OUT No seriously, I'm in. DON'T FUCKING IGNORE ME!! Or anything like that.. :P
Cuz fuck logic
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:00 pm

Xocrates wrote:
Mas Tnega wrote:Other question: Does the rogue wolf lose if the other wolves die?

Also yes. Mostly for balance purposes.
Thought so and yes it was a balance question. Giving humans 20% of stopping a kill AND taking out a wolf is insane.
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:23 pm

In
Foxsake
level1
level1

Postby Foxsake » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:43 pm

I've been lurking here for quite some time. I'd like to join in please :)

IN
MrBunsy
level5
level5

Postby MrBunsy » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:42 am

Ininininininnnnnnn
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:15 am

This. Is. ON

Return to “Introversion Lounge”