Jelco's TWG: Game over: Wolves win!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:19 pm

I trust neither Viscious nor xander, both were my top options for today.

I'm going with the assumption that ynbniar is human, with or without information.

Taking ynbniar as human and zjoere as wolfy means zjoere targetting Viscious by PM-ing xander suggests Viscious may not be a threat.

I'm gonna plump with the same vote as yesterday and also do the safe, if completely unimaginative, thing and side with the most probable known human.

Lynch xander
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:11 pm

One-hour warning!

The day will end at 21:15 GMT. Get your votes in before then.

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."
- Douglas Adams
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:07 pm

The day draws to a close, and xander is led to the noose. Hoping this finally ends the murders, you all go to sleep.

Well, ending it did, but not in the good way. By the next morning, the town is deserted, with three more houses filled with bloody scenes. The wolves made their final hits in one night, and moved on to the next town. Maybe the next population will do a better job of stopping Cooper42, DTNC Vicious and trickser...

Game over; the wolves win!

I will be expanding with more post-game info soon.

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."

- Douglas Adams
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:20 pm

Oops :shock:
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:25 pm

Lesson learned: Vague reasoning is strong against nitpickers.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:27 pm

:)
-Vic
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:28 pm

Build a statue for me in the town before you leave for new hunting grounds. :D
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:33 pm

feeling dirty
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:36 pm

I was expecting this to happen. :(
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:49 pm

Post-game report

Roles

Wolves
  • Cooper42
  • DTNC Vicious
  • Feud
  • trickser
Humans
  • Mas Tnega
  • microchip08
  • Phelanpt
  • shinygerbil
  • xander
  • Xarlaxas
  • Xocrates
  • zjoere
Specials
  • Jordy... (Traitor)
  • MrBunsy (Guardian Angel)
  • Seitaro (Seer)
  • ynbniar (Vigilante)

Day-by-day

Day 1 (12H4W)

Starting off with a tie, 4 votes each for Jordy and Feud. Coin toss made this a wolf kill. Seitaro doesn't speak up, microchip08 does but doesn't vote.

Night 1 (12H3W)

GA protects himself, no activity from the Seer. 2 wolf votes for Jordy get the Traitor killed, no word from Cooper42. At this point I figured the humans stood a proper chance because the wolves seemed disorganized, and killing Jordy in this case seemed a strange move.

Day 2 (11H3W)

Inexplicably Phelanpt gets bandwagoned out of nowhere. No less than 5 votes for this human. trickser came in second with 3 votes. Due to Seitaro's complete lack of activity, the Seer gets killed off, putting the wolves at a significant advantage. This was the only day everyone got a vote in.

Night 2 (9H3W)

The wolves get their act together and vote unanimously, killing Mas Tnega. MrBunsy sticks to his self-protective tactic.

Day 3 (8H3W)

3 people abstained from voting. Once again the voting is tied (at 3 this time) between a wolf and a human, but this time kills off the human shinygerbil.

Night 3 (7H3W)

This was an interesting one. First off, since trickser made it unclear whether or not he was still playing, the GA gave two options: protect trickser if he's still in, protect himself otherwise. Since he was still playing, trickser wasn't protected and went on to vote for...the GA! Cooper42 followed his example, but Vicious appeared to have his own plans since he went for xander.

Day 4 (6H3W)

This ended quickly: the Vigilante reveals himself and shoots zjoere, a human. The reasons were as unclear to me as they were to the rest of the players.

Night 4 (5H3W)

With all specials out of the game, it was all up to the wolves: 3 votes for microchip08 put the wolves very close to sealing the deal.

Day 5 (4H3W)

1 vote for a wolf (Vicious), 3 other votes for xander. Few posts, few comments.

Wolves win with 3

Comments

I genuinely expected the humans to win after the first day and night, but things quickly took a turn for the worst. The wolves did seem a little disorganized (and inexperienced) but due to all specials hampering in their favour there was very little the humans seemed to be able to do.

I was surprised by the hashing-role-PM debate, since I've pointed out its flaws in the past: you have no guarantee that I sent identical PMs per role. (On this game I did though.) This is exactly why I don't have rules forbidding this practice, and probably won't give it serious consideration in the future.

Concercing the death-on-inactivity rule: PMs do not count. If it did, it would obviously give away that the person is either a wolf or special.

It became obvious that some people don't stick to the generally agreed-upon practice of role retraction. I shall document this in the rules better in the future, but for now: retracting a vote means turning

vote

into

vote (retracted)

to make it clear that you put in an official vote before. Simply removing the boldface or even removing the entire nickname from your post (both practices I've seen this game) don't really count as retractions to me; I shall document this better in the future.

I also noticed that microchip08 made two posts during nighttime. I decided to let this slip since I didn't document any punishment for this, but I have to say a third time probably would not have ended well. ;)

If there's any more questions, shoot!

Jelco
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:12 am

Note to self: Consider doing a word count of all the players.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:18 am

Phelanpt tricked me into believing he was a wolf, and I confessed to be a traitor. So he changed votes to Feud, which was good for humans suppose, but in hindsight that dodgy move got him killed.
Too bad wolfs didn't pick up on my traitorous behavior... :(
Cuz fuck logic
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:26 am

I shot zjoere because he said something suspicious.

I admit to losing a bit if interest after the trickser incident (meta gaming too far?) and I wasn't sure if trickser was still in or not.

Might have been better if we had a proper seer though :roll:
Last edited by ynbniar on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:28 am

Jordy... wrote:Phelanpt tricked me into believing he was a wolf, and I confessed to be a traitor. So he changed votes to Feud, which was good for humans suppose, but in hindsight that dodgy move got him killed.
Too bad wolfs didn't pick up on my traitorous behavior... :(

I suspected either you or xander for being the traitor before the 1st night, but found no echo in the wolf pack.
ynbniar wrote:trickser incident (meta gaming too far?)

My viewpoint: just an adequate response to cheating (and now jelco even admits to know about the set of problems around hashing PMs and not caring shit about it :roll: )
Last edited by trickser on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:38 am

Yeah, I totally forgot to sign in and vote on the first night. I really didn't think we should have gone for jordy.

Better communication on the other nights got us organised. I was mostly suggesting we knock off the quieter players so as to keep the levels of suspiscion that existed high, and that seemed to work and there tended to be an agreement, save the xander vote (though I guess the result of keeping xander around vindicates the microchip choice :P )

The main reason I pushed for the later night kills of MrBunsy and microchip was because I was really concerned that trickser and Viscious were rapidly becomming prime suspects. We needed to keep other players who were rousing suspiscions around, those two seemed to be garnering the least attention. The Mas Tnega kill was because he seemed too savvy to leave alive...

That being said, we totally lucked out big time. Bar an early setback.

Also, trickser was publicly inactive for two days !? Should he now have died this night?
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”