Let's go.........RANDOM!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:55 am

Cooper42 wrote:
xander wrote:
Cooper42 wrote:Next time I teach statistics I'm going over to the maths department and borrowing the big jar of red and green marbles they use to teach students about P-values.

Not that i have seen that jar, heard of it or have any reason to believe it exists, other than I can think of no other way to explain the purpose of a p-value?

Where are you teaching statistics, and to what type of student? Also, most math and stats departments now use M&Ms, not marbles. Get the with the times, man!

xander
Geographers... But not physical geographers, human geographers (of which I am one) so it's a BA course...
We have one person in a class of 60 who has done maths post-16.

Surely the problem with M&Ms is 'lost' samples?

Nothing wrong with a BA. I have a BA. Granted, it is a BA in statistics, and the only difference between the BA that I have and the BS that I didn't get is that I only took one semester of computer science (rather than two), but still!

:P

xander
authenticcoach
level0

Re: Let's go.........RANDOM!

Postby authenticcoach » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:30 am

That's because it's spam!
Wasgood
level5
level5

Postby Wasgood » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:27 am

That's pretty off topic right there.
microchip08
level5
level5

Postby microchip08 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:54 pm

Six pages to go (again)!
GreenRock
level4
level4

Postby GreenRock » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:34 pm

We should stop this nonsense. Before it hits 1000.
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:39 pm

GreenRock wrote:We should stop this nonsense. Before it hits 1000.

The nonsense has grown too big. It cannot be stopped.
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:26 am

Bin Laden, Al-Awlaki, Gaddafi, Kim Jong Il. Rough year for thugs.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:22 pm

Maybe he would of liked if his name was Kim Jong Healthy :P
-Vic
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:41 pm

Feud wrote:Bin Laden, Al-Awlaki, Gaddafi, Kim Jong Il. Rough year for thugs.

excuse me? Gaddafi was a statesman as was Kim Jong Il, referring to them as thugs is unacceptable at this forum and I would like your signed apology for this violation.

If you are going around calling statesman thugs, then start with your own country..

fucking bush and obama going against your own constitution and you are focusing on the people they call evil.. very, very smart..
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:36 pm

How dare you call Bush a thug! He was a Saint! :D

edit: Not only was Gaddafi a thug, but a douchebag who got what de deserved, same with all the other dictators.

I'll be here all week, don't forget to tip your waitress.
-Vic
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:11 pm

Jordy... wrote:

excuse me? Gaddafi was a statesman as was Kim Jong Il, referring to them as thugs is unacceptable at this forum and I would like your signed apology for this violation.

My signed apology will require you to hold your breath for the duration of it's composistion, and may take several hours to ensure a proper drafting. This will have to be done in person, of course, as I have no means to deliver a signed copy to you that would be properly certified as authentic. So, upon your next arrival in my local, we can make arrangments to meet and carry out such buisness, provided of course that I don't decide upon the time that I no longer feel sorry for what I said, and revoke my intention to apologize.
Last edited by Feud on Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:20 pm

Feud wrote:
Jordy... wrote:

My signed apology will require you to hold your breath for the duration of it's composistion, and may take several hours to ensure a proper drafting. This will have to be done in person, of course, as I have no means to deliver a signed copy to you that would be properly certified as authentic. So, upon your next arrival in my local, we can make arrangments to meet and carry out such buisness, provided of course that I don't decide upon the time that I no longer feel sorry for what I said, and revoke my intention to apologize.

This.
-Vic
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:32 pm

DTNC Vicious wrote:
Feud wrote:
Jordy... wrote:

This.

... is bullshit.

What did Qaddafi do? Suppress his people you say? Not only is this a half-truth, because many people were happy with him as a leader, and he was one of the few "dictators" that distributed, some, of the wealth of the countries natural resources among the population.
He was also a front-fighter for the emancipation of Africa, against the imperialistic western countries that rob the natural resources without paying a dime because they intentionally put governments in debt.
He was also preaching for an African currency, to replace the need for dollars.

The so called revolution was only led by a small percentage of the population and there is a strong suspicion, that (former-) terrorists infiltrated or have close connections to the present government.
Furthermore, I hope I do not need to say that there are many other, worse dictators then Qaddafi, as well as the fact that much more populations of Arabian countries are trying to establish a revolution, sometimes against an even more cruel regime then that of Libya.
Ofcourse, there is little focus on these issues now, some are even allied with the US, and there are no plans to openly intervene in any of these revolutions.
Plus Obama joined/created the war against Libya without even asking for congressional permission.

You say Qaddafi dead good riddance? Then at least ask yourself why he had to go. The real problem lies in your own country, there are more and more signs that the governmental power structure is going it's own course, with less congressional oversight, and power being hold by fewer and fewer people.

Just now I'm reading this book by Matthew M. Aid about the NSA and it turns out that this organizations is spying on it's own citizens, against the constitution, not following legal procedures and even the own legal team within NSA was not allowed clearance to investigate whether it was legal or not what they were doing.
Ofcourse it was claimed it was all legal and the telecommunication-companies got immunity from prosecution for aiding in this process, without anyone knowing what they did in the first place.
It's complete insanity when powerful institutions are going there own course lead by a select group of powerful people that are disregarding laws.

And what is it I hear now, the possibility of indefinite detention without the righ to come for a court?

A historicist in my country calls the politics of today "fact-free politics" and he's not far of, because politicians get away with bigger and more scandalous lies without any serious consequences, it's appalling.
I"m seriously re-thinking my position that everyone should be able to vote.
And these fuckin wars, alot of soldiers come home with serious problems from Iraq, and why did they go there? Why the fuck is no one held-accountable for the grave lies that have been told. Not mistakes, lies, because they knew it wasn't true.
And why the fuck are we not kicking poland out of the EU because they have helped the CIA secretly detain prisoners, and why the fuck is Guantanamo bay still open, and why the FUCK do we allow for such an unfair distribution of wealth when it's clearly harming the economy?

This ... is bullshit
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:12 am

Commit a felony and you don't get to vote! :P
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:40 am

Jordy... wrote:
DTNC Vicious wrote:
Feud wrote:
Jordy... wrote:

This.
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Stop complaining, sound like one of the looneys who were at the Occupy wall street shit.
-Vic

Return to “Introversion Lounge”