Introversion's Virtual Treasure Hunt

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:14 pm

Yeah, the numbers and polaroid part seem to be a stock overlay. I'd think it unlikely they have written them into the game, as that overlay seems to have existed at least several years back, so probably not an issue.
elvenmonk
level1
level1

Postby elvenmonk » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:20 pm

Has it been confirmed Uplink was updated? I've not seen an update log on steam or anything. Just been downloading DC Universe for a while.
Also, if Uplink was updated and say the criminal database was update (more then likely and possibly a new server) what would we search? Do we know anything of the inmates names to search for?
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:28 pm

Uplink is 1.6rc3 on the humble indie bundle. The RC3 is not something I remember?

Downloading and checking out...
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
elvenmonk
level1
level1

Postby elvenmonk » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:39 pm

Oh? Interesting, I'll have to download that after I finish this Java assignment and give a little looky-loo.
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:58 am

Ok, downloaded the UplinkSetup-1.6rc3.exe from the Humble Bundle

(The .exe from the introversion store is the usual uplink-win32 file.)

Nothing obvious in the GCD. Nothing other than the usual photos appear, I was hoping maybe an illustration would pop up.
Not gonna start back-tracing the various logins to the GCD on a whim though.

Nothing either if you search for any of the captions that we have so far.

No new servers in the interNIC that I can see (nothing mentioning prisons)

Nothing different in the Introversion, Protovision etc. 'special' servers. Although I forget how to get the IP for the Secret Service server? That's the only 'special' server I haven't checked out.

Also, nothing in the .dat files that can be unpacked by 7zip (patch1,2,3, graphics, loading etc.)

But, yeah. That rc3 at the end makes me think there's something in the Humble Bundle Uplink
mmavipc
level1
level1

Postby mmavipc » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:24 am

Cooper42 wrote:Ok, downloaded the UplinkSetup-1.6rc3.exe from the Humble Bundle

Nothing obvious in the GCD. Nothing other than the usual photos appear, I was hoping maybe an illustration would pop up.

Nothing different in the Introversion, Protovision etc. 'special' servers. Although I forget how to get the IP for the Secret Service server? That's the only 'special' server I haven't checked out.

Also, nothing in the .dat files that can be unpacked by 7zip (patch1,2,3, graphics, loading etc.)

But, yeah. That rc3 at the end makes me think there's something in the Humble Bundle Uplink

If there's anything hidden, it's going to be in the exe, not the dat. I get out the handy dandy IDA and see if there any any hidden goodies I can spy.

Edit: @Introversion, the hell? You still have the cheats menu and codecard compiled in, even if it's disabled.

Also, can someone check out these in-game IPs for me? 443.65.765.2 785.234.87.124 653.76.235.432
Furohman
level1
level1

Postby Furohman » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:06 am

mmavipc wrote:

If there's anything hidden, it's going to be in the exe, not the dat. I get out the handy dandy IDA and see if there any any hidden goodies I can spy.

Edit: @Introversion, the hell? You still have the cheats menu and codecard compiled in, even if it's disabled.

Also, can someone check out these in-game IPs for me? 443.65.765.2 785.234.87.124 653.76.235.432

Those are just the Academic, Criminal and Social Security databases respectively.
Nikelin
level0

Postby Nikelin » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:57 pm

Furohman wrote:
mmavipc wrote:

Those are just the Academic, Criminal and Social Security databases respectively.

Can't a clue be in Darwinia, Multiwinia or DEFCON?

Defcon is the "dark game" and we are looking for "dark clues".
Tom.K
level1
level1
Location: The Universe / Milky Way / Solar System / Earth / Europe / Croatia

Postby Tom.K » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:49 pm

Nikelin wrote:Can't a clue be in Darwinia, Multiwinia or DEFCON?

Defcon is the "dark game" and we are looking for "dark clues".

I don't think it can be in them as they are not updated since 2009... Though, Multiwinia supports now Linux under version 1.3.1 which is in Humble Bundle and it wasn't available for linux before... And as far I've seen, the only file which I noticed between Windows and Linux version is "Untitled Gradients.grd" in MW Linux. Nothing else that associates to Prison Architect seems to be in it.
For Defcon, no idea. For Darwinia, no chance...
Spybot-S&D 2.0 Alpha Tester
microchip08
level5
level5

Postby microchip08 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:20 pm

Cooper42 wrote:Secret Service server

wut? (or is that the Steve Jackson Games one?)
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:31 pm

microchip08 wrote:
Cooper42 wrote:Secret Service server

wut? (or is that the Steve Jackson Games one?)
Crap, yeah. I had forgotten it was that one (I'd forgotten the story about their 'hacking guide' and siezure of assets behind it, all I remembered was the message)
Weteor
level0

Postby Weteor » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:13 pm

next picture is in the new Humble Introversion "source" Bundle trailer.
4 of 5 - Caption: nawn
Tom.K
level1
level1
Location: The Universe / Milky Way / Solar System / Earth / Europe / Croatia

Postby Tom.K » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:39 pm

Weteor wrote:next picture is in the new Humble Introversion "source" Bundle trailer.
4 of 5 - Caption: nawn

Wait WUT. *offtopic*
Spybot-S&D 2.0 Alpha Tester
uitham
level0

Postby uitham » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:45 pm

I was like wait, source code?
And I went to actually open the humble bundle email I got but didn't open it because I don't care about dungeons of dredmor, and seemingly I GOT DEVELOPER ACCESS :D
then I went on and had a nerdgasm

Funny, since I actually asked if the source code would be included in the support chat and he said that was for IV to decide
Furohman
level1
level1

Postby Furohman » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:27 pm

So the complete "code" is 3612GHDN3ID7NAWN38DH
Or possibly 3612-GHDN-3ID7-NAWN-38DH

Tried it as a Steam key, invalid. Tried it as a humble bundle key, invalid. Worth a shot.
Any further clues could be somewhere in the newly released source code? Or even just the dev wiki/forums?

Return to “Introversion Lounge”