Prison Architect Preview

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
mibias
level5
level5

Prison Architect Preview

Postby mibias » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:29 pm

Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:36 am

Damn you beat me to it, you can expect extended commentary on this preview later. AND YOU WILL READ IT!!! or be smart
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:49 am

Graphics look like someone made them, instead of just happened.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:54 am

Hmm, I think they should make this a multi-player game, because if it will be single player how in hell will you prevent the gameplay of becoming to repetitive, either you know the scripts, or you know what you have to look out for.

However, if there is multiplayer, one person can play a prisoner and have certain tasks that will earn him points, like kill a certain prisoner or guard, smuggle and sell drugs, rape a certain inmate etc. etc.
And he can set-up a network in the prison of other prisoners and bribe guards and such. Then it's the job for the other player, the prison director to prevent the game-plan of the prison player. So if he thinks he'll try to bribe guards, raise there salaries, if he thinks one prisoner is getting close with someone else separate them, or he could try to find snitches to find out about the tasks of the prison player or what he's up too.

It would be a limited resources game that you play against each other trough the prison system with psychology involved and attention because you'll have to watch out for certain clues and think about what the other player might do. Draw conclusions from incomplete set of information.

IT would be a bit like SpyParty in some sense, but more indirect, because you are managing a prison. Both the prison director is managing a prison as the prisoner who is in charge, who is also managing a prison, from the inside. This tension between who is in control, that's what I would love to see in this game, the continued struggle of power between guards and inmates, but I think you can do it most properly if you make this a multi-player game.
Seitaro
level2
level2

Postby Seitaro » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:20 pm

Hopefully it's moddable. Those graphics are too cute. (But hilarious to look at.)
Turn on, tune in, drop out.
elvenmonk
level1
level1

Postby elvenmonk » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:23 pm

I wasn't expecting this dark of a game from Introversion. Not to sound like a negative nancy about it. I'm really interested in this game and more then likely will buy a lot of times like the rest of their games.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:09 am

elvenmonk wrote:I wasn't expecting this dark of a game from Introversion.
You did not expect a dark game from the developers of DEFCON, the epitome of coldness and indifference? You're a very silly person, I contend.
elvenmonk
level1
level1

Postby elvenmonk » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:18 am

Well, there's a game like Defcon then there's a dark game like this seems to be. I mean, from some of the screens(?) I've found in the voxel demo and that've been posted here it's turning up to be rather dark. Defcon was just like a nuclear version of chess. This, just seems to be going on dark territory. I'm very interested in how this'll turn out as I tend to love dark games.

To say Defcon is on the same page as say Manhunt(a game I'd consider dark) is crazy. While this game wont be at Manhunt level, it seems to be awfully closer to it.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:31 am

elvenmonk wrote:Well, there's a game like Defcon then there's a dark game like this seems to be. I mean, from some of the screens(?) I've found in the voxel demo and that've been posted here it's turning up to be rather dark. Defcon was just like a nuclear version of chess. This, just seems to be going on dark territory. I'm very interested in how this'll turn out as I tend to love dark games.

To say Defcon is on the same page as say Manhunt(a game I'd consider dark) is crazy. While this game wont be at Manhunt level, it seems to be awfully closer to it.

I honestly don't even understand what you are saying. Perhaps you and I have different ideas about what it means for a game to be "dark".

xander
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:44 am

Seitaro wrote:Hopefully it's moddable. Those graphics are too cute. (But hilarious to look at.)

You haven't seen the graphic for keistering a shiv. :wink:
tabasco boy
level5
level5

Postby tabasco boy » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:19 am

hope the game play turns out good. the graphics (ie. characters remind me of msn messenger/avatar)

Jordy... wrote: Hmm, I think they should make this a multi-player game, because if it will be single player how in hell will you prevent the gameplay of becoming to repetitive, either you know the scripts, or you know what you have to look out for.

and multi-player i'll second that..
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:01 am

xander wrote:I honestly don't even understand what you are saying. Perhaps you and I have different ideas about what it means for a game to be "dark".

xander
I'm getting a "graphically violent" vibe.
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:22 am

xander wrote:Perhaps you and I have different ideas about what it means for a game to be "dark".

xander

I remember when games couldn't even do realtime lighting effects.
Pure Amazing
level1
level1

Postby Pure Amazing » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:47 pm

Certainly looks interesting, I hope this was the right game to make after leaving Subversion behind.
Good luck Introversion and keep up the good work :D
Seitaro
level2
level2

Postby Seitaro » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:16 pm

I like how the prisoners have names and the guards don't. Implying that criminals hold more worth than an expendable guard.

Sounds pretty dark to me.
Turn on, tune in, drop out.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”