Announcing the Humble Introversion Bundle

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
GreenRock
level4
level4

Postby GreenRock » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:41 am

I so want the city generator. Goddammit T-T

EDIT: Well then. My friend bought it for me as a gift. Thank you, friend.
Zarius
level0

Re: Desura

Postby Zarius » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:32 pm

Jalister wrote:
bmr5770 wrote:I second the call for Desura keys. We (Linux users) *just* got a good, drm free, native distribution platform and this is now the 2nd bundle to not give out keys for it. What's stopping these titles from being available on Desura?

Update: I've purchased five bundles but will double each order amount when Desura keys are provided.

If you purchased the Humble Voxatron Debut, you can contact support and they may provide you with a Desura key for Blocks That Matter. I got one.

I generally pay more for the Desura option as well.

I'm also keen on the Desura keys. It's great to see companies like Introversion supporting Linux with great games but I really want to be able to manage my games centrally similar to Steam - and Desura provides that feature for me on Linux.

I've been paying $25 to $50 for the bundles but I'm certainly less inclined to buy them now that there's no Desura keys (as I run mostly in Linux). If Introversion can chat with Desura and get their games on there/offer keys then I'll be snapping the bundle up in an instant :)
staz
level0

Postby staz » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:51 pm

I would like to kindly request Desura support too, it really useful on linux and I can use it on both platform (Windows + Linux)
trankzen
level0

Postby trankzen » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:56 pm

Xeon06 wrote:Ah, you cannot export cities using the generator. Of course this would require some licensing scheme of some sort, but without exporting or source code, this is basically just eye candy. Either way, although I am a bit disappointed, I do not regret the 25$ of my 45$ that went solely to you guys.

We might just be able to export using OGLE / GLintercept / 3D Ripper DX although I reckon that might be tricky.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:59 pm

Meh, I've already got all the games.

Wait, Subversion City Generator?!?

TAEK MY MONIES!!!1!
Kid Shenck
level2
level2

Postby Kid Shenck » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:52 pm

Please consider including the source for the city generator or at least including generator from Part 7 of the All in your Head series.

I've read the Parish and Mueller paper a few times, but it's honestly a bit over my head. It'd be wonderful as a student of game design to be able to play with parameters and specifics in the source to see how it actually works.

I can guess some of the reasons you haven't included it, but if you could make available somewhere, that would be lovely.

EDIT: Also, well done. The Humble Bundles are always great, but this is my favorite so far. I have these games on Steam, but I'm grateful to have them available in Linux as well as the Defcon soundtrack.

On a side note, this is my third copy of Darwinia. Boxed, Steam, Humble Bundle.
pscrzy
level1
level1

Postby pscrzy » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:27 am

Does anybody know why the Tech demos for Subversion don't work correctly. I started them both and they just go to a blank screen which requires me to restart my PC.
StaticEngine
level1
level1

Postby StaticEngine » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:38 am

Kid Shenck wrote:Please consider including the source for the city generator or at least including generator from Part 7 of the All in your Head series.

I dropped $25 on the HB, gladly, even though I own everything but Uplink. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE the source to the City Generator. I'd even pay extra for it.
jrobalo
level0

Postby jrobalo » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:09 pm

Introversion staff please release your games on Desura. I have never bought any of your games, only played demos, but i will instantly buy this Bundle as soon as we have Desura keys.
sbinetd
level0

Request for Desura support

Postby sbinetd » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:35 pm

After so many years of increasingly problematic GNU+Linux fragmentation, it's a wonderful sight to have something distribution agnostic like Desura, which is why it's a shame your games aren't available on their service.
aliendude5300
level0

Postby aliendude5300 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:44 pm

As a Linux user, I would very much appreciate it if you offered your games through Desura and gave out keys to those who purchased the Humble Bundle. Steam isn't available for Linux, and Desura is a very good alternative, which can increase your revenue when the bundle is over.
DinoSteve
level3
level3

Postby DinoSteve » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:28 pm

As a human being, it is boring and annoying to see the same sentiment, no matter how valid it is, being regurgitated over and over again.
The above post is not intended as an attack on you. It's not about making you look stupid for not searching. It merely states the facts. Please don't be offended.
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:49 pm

aliendude5300 wrote:Steam isn't available for Linux
Steam runs just fine under WINE.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
turbor
level0

Postby turbor » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:05 am

So since the games are now released as a humble bundle, does this mean that Multiwinia and Defcon now have a native Linux port, or is there a wine wrapper in their somewhere?
I already bought all the games and wouldn't mind donating to the humble bundle, but only if that means that there is some added value for me as a Linux user. I checked the introversion store again under my account but there wasn't any sign that multiwinia was now released on Linux...
Also, is Uplink updated? Since the last time I installed the Linux package I bought, there have been some problems with the old libraries in that package and the more modern distributions.
Jalister
level1
level1

Postby Jalister » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:59 am

xyzyxx wrote:
aliendude5300 wrote:Steam isn't available for Linux
Steam runs just fine under WINE.
Some of us want to run Linux because we don't want to use Windows. And that can include not wanting to run Windows apps in any kind of emulator or wrapper.

Return to “Introversion Blog”