Let's go.........RANDOM!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:10 am

Honestly, I'd only buy that to give all of the money to Child's Play.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:16 am

Mas Tnega wrote:Honestly, I'd only buy that to give all of the money to Child's Play.

Child's Play are going to be very happy then.
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:58 pm

Feud wrote:All of my steam notifications say that my friends are playing Skyrim. I sense a trend.

7 million copies shipped apparently!

Ok, this time I really don't know who jelco is talking about. :P
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:26 pm

My heart goes out to all the people that were sitting next to you..
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:49 pm

I'm not old, I'm merely lazy, besides how can you listen to elbow properly jumping up and down and shouting at the top of your voice..?
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:22 pm

By being inaudible compared to the blaring noise saturation that is modern music?
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:12 pm

Xarlaxas wrote:
Feud wrote:All of my steam notifications say that my friends are playing Skyrim. I sense a trend.

I'm holding off until I get completely demented with Dark Souls...prob get Skyrim this weekend then. :wink:
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:22 am

ynbniar wrote:
Xarlaxas wrote:

I'm holding off until I get completely demented with Dark Souls...prob get Skyrim this weekend then. :wink:

College work means I'm putting off getting it until my birthday or christmas. And even then that's still probably a bad idea.

On the plus side, I'm getting some pretty awesome grades (which I actually find slightly worrying)
microchip08
level5
level5

Postby microchip08 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:28 pm

jelco wrote:Sitting? You sound like an old man. :P

Jelco

The benefits of accompanying my disabled sister to concerts is that you get to sit down on a raised platform in front of the stage, and half the time the bands take pity and you get some free stuff at the end :D
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:37 pm

That's a shameless abuse of you sisters peril, shame on you young man. In wonder, is your sister happy? I hear that sometimes disabled people are happier then normal people or before they got disabled..
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:29 am

Jordy... wrote:...normal people...

Wow. That isn't at all offensive.

xander
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:32 am

Even less offensive is the implication that disabilities are necessarily acquired...

Although, when you hear the word "Neuro-typical" coming out of everyone's mouth at work, just "Normal people" is almost welcome to hear...
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:18 am

I don't see what is so offensive about that, most people are "abled" and thus considered normal, therefore she would become abnormal in the regard of physical abilities.

I play the ball back to you sir and will ask you why you consider abnormal to be a negative adjective? Are you so ingrained in modern day societies values that you believe each and everyone should be normal that abnormal becomes an ugly thing to be?
Abnormality is something to treasure if you ask me, it's the cornerstone behind evolution and arts.
Just combining abnormality and disabled to a negative meaning shows your true regard to disabled people, do I find someone that is disabled abnormal, yes, do I think any less of such a person for this reason, not quite.

As for assuming she got disabled, of course I realized the possibility she was born abnormal, but in regard to my question, I was not sure whether the sudden change of ones live perspective created a lot more happiness or if it was simply being disabled that created more happiness in general. So I assumed the first, for simplicity sake.
Yet again though, I fail to see how this can be regarded as offensive.
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:53 am

Ostensibly ignoring that repugnant cassarole of insensitivity...
Mas Tnega wrote:When you hear the word "Neuro-typical" coming out of everyone's mouth at work, just "Normal people" is almost welcome to hear...

I'm probably going to regret asking, but what's the context behind this? I'm unfamiliar with the term.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:36 am

You're not ignoring me as long as you are commenting on me, to ignore someone is to deny any confirmation of his existence, by commenting on me you just gave me confirmation of my existence, and even more, you showed you acknowledge my existence.

You really should learn to ignore someone better than this, or you might find yourself dying in the pitfall that is existence.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”